New Grower Sick Plants

I probably would have gone with an unaltered bag of FFOF with perlite. What Viparspectra light do you have. Reason for asking is I have one but found out it was a bit of an under performer in a 4x4 tent. I then got a 2nd one and eventually went and built my own before I had even dropped a seed. I believe actual draw from the wall was 260 watts each.

I probably would have gone with an unaltered bag of FFOF with perlite. What Viparspectra light do you have. Reason for asking is I have one but found out it was a bit of an under performer in a 4x4 tent. I then got a 2nd one and eventually went and built my own before I had even dropped a seed. I believe actual draw from the wall was 260 watts each.
The light is a vipraspectra 600w and I actually plan on getting another one. It was only $160 and didn't raise my light bill much. You're right about the actual watts it's not really that high

Cold
Your temps are too cool. Don't let it get below 65°f.
Your plant cannot process at those temps. You've already shut out mag.
If they are on a cold floor , raise them up.

Make life easier and get yourself a timer.
Cold cuts out mag? That could be my issue...

Back to basics.
I don’t grow 4 plants, I grow usually 30-50 both indoor and out, so I have a pretty good idea of what’s going on, but I don’t consider myself an expert grower at all, Ive made lots of mistakes along the way.
1) Your soil is too hot, with the amount of nutrients you’ve got packed into it it’s just going to burn your plants up. What you might find is even with watering with just plain water is your plants will have already locked out the nutrients. This is very common and often easily misdiagnosed with not enough nutrients. When a plant locks out nutrients it is because there’s too much in the soil in the plant puts in place its own defence mechanism and blocks itself from uptaking that particular nutrient or set of nutrients. In a normal situation you would flush until an ec of under 1.5 or less is reached.
2) Do your pots have drain holes? They must have drain holes. Plus they are very large, too big. What you might find happening is you have to put so much water in to actually water it that you won’t have to come back for over a week or two and water more. Meanwhile, if you do have a plant issue you can’t correct it quickly enough without overwatering your plants. Small pots get you more control by reducing the time between watering. 3 or 4 gallons size are nice.
3) Also worthy to note is with that big a pot with water standing in it can bring Mildew and is perfect environment for bugs. Stay small, grow big.
4) Don’t get too hung up on lights. You can download a simple app for measuring light intensity. Works well with H ID lights. You want to aim for no more than maybe 25,000 lumens at this point. That will be increased as high as 70,000 lm during flower, But your plants will let you know by their appearance if that’s too much. I have one particular plant strain that takes 80,000 lm! and asks for more.
my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom