New grower, starting 600W small closet grow, need help!

shit I grow in my closet with a 1000w, right now I have a 600w JD ballast in there .

temp stays 78F inside my grow room with my 600w, 6''inline fan and 20'' fan, with 92*f outside temps in CA.

Check out my lOw budget grow.Will have more info on my 600w grow soon on the JD ballast grow.

How the heck do you guys grow in an apartment and get away with it? I grow in a home, I have a carbon scrubber which the smell then vents out the chimney, this air is also ran through a homemade ONA scrubber and I can still smell it. I smell mostly ONA but with a hint of skunk while mowing the lawn at times. Once these plants go into bud they stink like hell.

I get absolutely no smell in the house with this setup but like I said,,,,sometimes I get a hint of it outside.

I think growing in an apartment is nuts especially if you have no means to vent outside.

I definitely have a hard time in flowering keeping the smell down, especially late flowering. (In an apartment). My neighbors have told me that they can smell it sometimes, but that might just be me blazing all the time as well :) lucky for me that so far, everyone has been cool with it that knows, seems that here in OC cali, weed is more accepted than cigs... which is good :)

I have carbon scrubbers in place x2, but after the vent tubing leaves the tent, I made a cheep "airbox" that was made of a large rubbermaid container, stuffed with drier sheets and an additional active carbon filter. This helps quite a bit for quieting the air coming out as well as does a pretty good job of masking the smell through most of the grow. In late flowering when the smell gets really bad I have 2 Ona jar's that I place in my room with my tent, as well as I found that the cheap "wedge shaped" air fresheners fit almost perfectly in the 6" ducting and cost about 1$ each. I usually will place a new air freshener in the ducting every week (about as long as they last) and this helps to mask any additional smell coming from my tent. So far so good.

Its hard to tell whats inside, but basicly it is an active carbon filter, cut to fit diagonally across the rubbermaid container.. On each side of the carbon filter, drier sheets were placed.
DSC026062.JPG

DSC026051.JPG

Back
Top Bottom