New Grower - Timing Concerns

Mannygreen420

Hey Guys,

So i am a daily smoker and thought i would give growing a try when i found a seed in a 1/2 i bought and it didn't instantly combust in my hand. It ended up germinating and went off to a great start. I have stuck with all fox farm soil and nutrients. I manage my pH and have good lighting an airflow to the plant. I also have performed LST training as well as topped the plant.

My true concerns come at this stage where i am at 5 weeks since it has sprouted and it is doing very well. However since topping and LST i have gotten great growth and plenty of potential new colas (8-9) as i count. The plant however only stands about 8 inches tall (with the LST training) probably would be around 12-14inches otherwise.

So do you think i should switch to flowering, i feel as if i can see pre-flowers and it seems to be female the way it looks (again i am new to this so determining the sex by human eye is definitely not the most accurate way i know).

I don't want to add anymore purchases to the grow and i have keeping the plant under a 250 watt CFL, a blurred spectrum LED and an additional 75 CFL which i continuously moved around the plant depending on where i thought growth was a bit slower.

Is it also a problem to use CFL and LED on the same growth simultaneously?

Just want to make sure the plant is being cared for correctly so far, and that nothing i am doing is to crazy. I also have a small grow space so i don't want the plant to be more then 24-30 inches in height. Good time to switch to flowering?

Any feedback would be great! Thanks!

You will have no problem with your lighting and when flowering you're going to want to do it when the plant reaches half the size that you wanted to be in the end need to watch when using bags seeds they can be hermaphrodites if you have any questions write back and I will answer them as best as I can me and my wife are both dispensary owners

Sent from my Z815 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You will have no problem with your lighting and when flowering you're going to want to do it when the plant reaches half the size that you wanted to be in the end need to watch when using bags seeds they can be hermaphrodites if you have any questions write back and I will answer them as best as I can me and my wife are both dispensary owners

Awesome man thanks for the input, she seems to be very healthy and thriving and i will probably try to get some pics on this thread eventually. Also since i want to keep "her" (positive thinking) relatively small (under 3 feet), i shouldn't have to transplant again out of a 2 gallon pot correct?

Sounds like to me you end up using 5 gallon buckets in the end I would not like your girls get any taller than about 14 15 inches before you start to flower and one thing everybody forgets don't forget to watch your humidity it really can improve your yield

Humidity is at 30% right now. I mist the leaves twice a day or as i see fit and leave a couple of water bowls in the small grow space as well. The research i have done is that anything below 20% could be an issue but other then that most problems come from a space being to humid. Think i should be fine and any advice would help.

Back
Top Bottom