New grower, what strain to grow?!

stealth42

Basically my situation is that I'm going to be growing in a wooden box, 33cm x 37cm x 51cm, i know it's small, but its just a start.
I'll be using a 250W dual spectrum cfl, and hope to scrog the plant to maximise my space.

Stealth is very important so I'm looking for a strain that won't smell outside the box (using a carbon filter)
Ready to harvest in less than 10 week with a decent yield

First post so sorry if its in the wrong section, many thanks and any tips will be appreciated, will also be doing a log on here when its all ready to go, thanks

I would look into afghani and short strains for your hieght restrictions. I would say auto but if u weren't happy with the way it filled the scrog u wouldn't have time to let it sit there
Thanks for the reply man! Any Afghani strains youd recommended? Also is it any quicker to grow an auto to the same size as a regular? I know regulars are more yield, but not sure which is easiest, as this is my first grow, thanks again:thumb:

I'm growing my first auto right now, so I wish I could give u a straight answer on that. IMO I would imagine the only appeal of auto strains is the speed, because you don't have to wait for the 12/12 light change to kick in. I have a cheese auto growing next to og kush, skunk haze and a few others, the auto is a week behind the others and same size (3-4" seedlings) but that really comes down to genetics. Kush has a lot of afghani genetics but it really comes down to what ur looking for, ie head buzz, body, end of day mind eraser lol, or ifu just want something to work on so when u finally look at the clock u can't believe its time to go home, my fav. There r tones of reviews and pics on strain review forum. Then u can cross reference those strains to seed banks and check for ease and tolerance to growing conditions

:rollit::rollit::rollit::rollit::cool:
I'm growing my first auto right now, so I wish I could give u a straight answer on that. IMO I would imagine the only appeal of auto strains is the speed, because you don't have to wait for the 12/12 light change to kick in. I have a cheese auto growing next to og kush, skunk haze and a few others, the auto is a week behind the others and same size (3-4" seedlings) but that really comes down to genetics. Kush has a lot of afghani genetics but it really comes down to what ur looking for, ie head buzz, body, end of day mind eraser lol, or ifu just want something to work on so when u finally look at the clock u can't believe its time to go home, my fav. There r tones of reviews and pics on strain review forum. Then u can cross reference those strains to seed banks and check for ease and tolerance to growing conditions
That's awesome! What kinda size you working in? Good luck:D thanks for all your help, much appreciated:)

Cheers! Not really got much idea, soil because it's harder to mess up, not sure about nutrients, but going to water with rain water, heard good things about it. Plan to have a 250W dual spectrum cfl, and maybe throw in some 2700K's when flowering, but still need to make the box and buy the lights before I even buy the seeds:( but that's all I've got atm

Size of grow room is only one aspect of seed selection.
What Kind of buzz are you looking for?
Indica's are strong couchlock body type buzz's (Generally speaking).
Sativa's are Usually a more Cerebral Head buzz.
That should be weighed into you decision making process.

Size of grow room is only one aspect of seed selection.
What Kind of buzz are you looking for?
Indica's are strong couchlock body type buzz's (Generally speaking).
Sativa's are Usually a more Cerebral Head buzz.
That should be weighed into you decision making process.
From what I've read, a sativa will be much harder to grow in my size? Although a hybrid would be nice, maybe more indica, but still with some buzz to it

Take a look for the building a cabinet forum area, lots of DIY ideas and builds.
I've got my plans and everything sorted, just getting some 1cm thick plywood and screwing into the next piece, with a hinged door on the front for access, just needto cut the wood, thanks anyways though, might take a look later:)

The rooms r good size u can see it in my journal it will show up if u search "family jewels". My hardest decision was nutrient line, and what to put in the soil. A good soil mix can save quite a bit on $ in the nutrient line. I use a variation of super soil and organic tea, I believe lab and a bunch of his buddies on here use the general hydroponic line with great results. It was a lot of work for me but I also had good results using that line and so did my parents. I also see a lot of good plants grown in happy frog soil and fox farms. I made the mistake of using miracle grow and my ph was all over the place....(time release nutrients, they screw ya). It took me a lot of trial and error before other family members turned me onto teas and organic methods. I stumbled across an older thread by captainkronic last night. That was amazing!

Sounds awesome! I'll be sure to have a good read of it tonight haha;) sounds great, hoping I'll get some tips and advice on here when I start mine:) really excited about it haha

From what I've read, a sativa will be much harder to grow in my size? Although a hybrid would be nice, maybe more indica, but still with some buzz to it

Thats all I have ever grown..only because the seeds were bagseed.
When I switched over to flowering and the plants grew 8 to 10 inches in a day or 2...I would literally (HST) bend them gently until they
snapped, then let them hang..they would repair the broken stem and then still grow upwards..sometimes having to do it a second time before they were done doing their stretching.

Thats all I have ever grown..only because the seeds were bagseed.
When I switched over to flowering and the plants grew 8 to 10 inches in a day or 2...I would literally (HST) bend them gently until they
snapped, then let them hang..they would repair the broken stem and then still grow upwards..sometimes having to do it a second time before they were done doing their stretching.
What size were you growing in? That sounds crazy haha! Any idea if you could scrog a sativa as efficiently as an indica? Thanks for your help so far:)

If your set on an Indica..I dont know its buzz qualities yet but Its growth has been like no other Ive seen (never grew an indica).
This thing is squat and bushy.
Its a Paradise Seeds Sensi Star from Pick and Mix Cannabis Seeds | Marijuana Seeds | Weed Seeds | Bonza Seedbank

0031832.JPG

She looks good maan! Is that the one in your sig? I'll check it out later! Best of luck;) how long has it been since germ?

All four are in the thread in my sig.
I have been using a brand new LED light that Im still trying to get used to..so these plants grow time is horrendously slow.
Not the Genetics of any of the seeds.
TOPLED makes the LED light and it recommends the height to be at 1.5 ft to 2 ft above the plant.
I was way closer to begin with (12 inches) and bleached the center grow point which then split into two.
I went to the 2FT and no growth so I worked it down to 1.5 ft away and still no growth.

A Few days later I decided to move it up all the way which is about 32 inchs, things started growing.

I'm doing a little LST to separate the two growpoints. That pic is from this morn. Im now going to let the two grow points grow up.
I'm debating FIM'ing one and Topping The other.
0031832.JPG

All four are in the thread in my sig.
I have been using a brand new LED light that Im still trying to get used to..so these plants grow time is horrendously slow.
Not the Genetics of any of the seeds.
TOPLED makes the LED light and it recommends the height to be at 1.5 ft to 2 ft above the plant.
I was way closer to begin with (12 inches) and bleached the center grow point which then split into two.
I went to the 2FT and no growth so I worked it down to 1.5 ft away and still no growth.

A Few days later I decided to move it up all the way which is about 32 inchs, things started growing.

I'm doing a little LST to separate the two growpoints. That pic is from this morn. Im now going to let the two grow points grow up.
I'm debating FIM'ing one and Topping The other.
0031832.JPG

Looks sweet man!

Back
Top Bottom