New grower - What's the best organic soil to buy in Canada

CanadianTerps

Hello fourmers, I'm currently growing 5 Digital Dream plants with a 600 watt Vipar Spectra LED grow light. They just hit 4 weeks into the 12-12 cycle on Tuesday hopefully they start flowering soon. The growing medium that I'm using is miracle grow soil. I've done some research after just dealing with nitrogen toxicity a week and a half back. Apparently Miracle grow is a no go for cannabis and I know that now. I flushed the plants when they had the nitrogen toxicity and they bounced back just a day later. However I see that it's starting to get it again and I want to change the growing medium/trasnplant them ASAP before they start flowering in the next few days. I just ordered some coco coir because I'm trying to grow organic as possible. No nutrients just distilled water from day 1. Was wondering what soil would be best to mix with the coco coir any help/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. And no i can't order or buy Fox farms ocean forest soil. I'm located in Canada and we don't have it here. Finding really hard to find a good soil to mix with.

Re: New grower / What's the best organic soil to buy in Canada

You can get fox farm from amazon.ca but it's stupid expensive. Get a bail of promix bx and make your own organic soil.

Can you post some pictures? Are you sure it is the soil and not over feeding?

Not sure I would want to transplant at 4 weeks into 12/12!

yea, leave them girls in the soil they are in now, a transplant now could be way to much of a shock and you might be better off with the high N to finish these off. Start preparing your new soil mixture for your next grow now and you will have much better results the with that media through the whole grow process. I had this problem when I first started and had absolutely no idea what I was doing, I still consider myself a noob but I know more now than I did then.

Promix with the light blue on the bag is a good seed starter and the promix with red on the bag is good for flowering, I suggest making your own mixture though with perlite or going straight CoCo, im currently using my own soil mixture but thinking of trying coco myself next.

Also Eggshells and Banana Peels are your friends.
Goodluck and happy growing! :Namaste:

Can you post some pictures? Are you sure it is the soil and not over feeding?

Not sure I would want to transplant at 4 weeks into 12/12!

I will post some pictures yes. I'm 100% sure it's the soil because when I flushed it they bounced back a day after and I don't feed it much only when it's dry. Using distilled water. No nutruients except for what's in the soil.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll just end up keep the plants how they are right now. I'm also considering using 100% just coco next grow.

yea, leave them girls in the soil they are in now, a transplant now could be way to much of a shock and you might be better off with the high N to finish these off. Start preparing your new soil mixture for your next grow now and you will have much better results the with that media through the whole grow process. I had this problem when I first started and had absolutely no idea what I was doing, I still consider myself a noob but I know more now than I did then.

Promix with the light blue on the bag is a good seed starter and the promix with red on the bag is good for flowering, I suggest making your own mixture though with perlite or going straight CoCo, im currently using my own soil mixture but thinking of trying coco myself next.

Also Eggshells and Banana Peels are your friends.
Goodluck and happy growing! :Namaste:

I made the switch to coco an to be honest I'll never go back to soil
420-magazine-mobile1166296717.jpg
4 corners r 3 week old kush berry middle is almost 4 week old sour diesel

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Here in Ontario ProMix seems to be the go to soil. Not sure if that is across Canada. Anyone from out west or down east listening?

I am using two types of the ProMix. The first is what the local grow shops sell and the other is the organic. I find the organic has a very high surface tension making it hard to water the soil equally. I think adding some pearlite might help. Not sure what I'm going to use in the next grow.

Peace. :peace:

Whatever you buy, highly recommend that you buy a big bag of perlite (4 cubic feet) and mix in more perlite into these mixes. I've only ever made my own soils by amending with things like blood meal, bone meal, compost, worm castings, etc. I haven't had good luck with any bagged soils that claim to be organic.

I'm using promix organic (tomato on the bag) mixed with Dutch Treat as I find the promix a little hot.
I like this mix as I don't need to feed otherwise. Right through Veg, nothing but water :)

2 parts promix HP, 1 part Organic sea soil, and 1 tblspoons of powdered dolomite lime per gallon of promix. Super light nutes till flower then regular schedule in flower.

Back
Top Bottom