New grower with a few issues - Help?

ChronicPDX

So though I've worked with a number of other growers before finally being able to do my own I could use some help on a few thing. I have three primary issues I have identified or know is present to some degree; Root aphids, spider mites, and powdery mildew. I'll start with the mites...

Spider Mites: Upon first seeing the signs I went through and removed all the leaves that were hit the worst by them, followed by a foliar spray (Safer 3 in 1 Garden Spray) during their first 6 hours of lights out on the 27th. I plan on doing another spray tomorrow (this morning) and wiping the leaves down with a neem oil/insecticide soap solution a couple days after flipping to 12/12 to take care of the rest of them. Anyone with any experience using these methods, or similar ones?

Powdery Mildew: Due to having such a low humidity during this last week of veg I was thinking I wouldn't have to worry about it popping up but I've been noting what looks like the beginning stages of it showing up. I know neem oil is an anti-fungal, so would it work to combat this? If not, any recommendations? I was also thinking a peroxide spray but not trying to do that unless needed. I also have a sulfur burner available if I end up needing that.

Root Aphids: Supposedly all these plants were treated before they were brought to me (I believe with "Nuke'em" or something like that), but that persons attention to detail is highly questionable so I want to cover my basis. I know Azamax is an option but am looking for less harsh methods unless I have to. Again, I'm looking at neem oil or some other base that wont harm the beneficials in the medium/root mass.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Those 3 together are quite an issue. Maybe freeking abit? Take a deep breath and re-evaluate. If you really have all that you may need to shut down and clean but be real sure what you have first. post pictures and someone will help you. Dont flip sick plants.

Im sure Ill ge some shit for this but with those issues you need to...
A) Spray a mixture of eagle20 2ml/gal and avid 2ml/gal (make sure you have a suit and respirator on while mixing and spraying) and root drench with mallet. Id suggest once a week till you are sure everything is gone. You'll need to do your best to clean your garden and keep it clean. Once you have killed off everything you need to take preventative measures to ensure your garden stays healthy and free of pest.
B) Chop everything and clean/sterilize like a mad woman when the in-laws are coming over to stay. Then once you start back up you need to be taking those preventative measures to keep everything clean and running smooth.

Also like walleye said dont flip sick plants... You need to get your situation fixed ASAP to ensure a happy healthy harvest

First, thank you both for your time and responses. I apologize for not following up with you sooner but our internet went down and we just got it back. So I will be posting some images later this evening of leaves displaying either a deficiency of some kind, result(s) of pest infestation, and/or signs of disease. I do have professional photography equipment so I will be doing some macro shots of some stuff. So, let me give you guys an update then we can move on to how to manage existing issues/

As for not flipping them, too late. They had their first 12 hours of light on January 1st and are now SCROGed out under 1k HPS x2. In terms of the mites, I've given 2 foliar applications of Safer 3-in-1 garden spray and will be doing a neem oil/insecticidal soap spray tomorrow. Since the last application of Safer 3 days ago I have yet to see any new mite activity so I am confidant they are sufficiently knocked back for the time being and will be monitored closely. What I assumed was PM was a shiny substance on the leaves which, under a 60x scope resembled what some would assume looked like young trichomes...except they were all the way out to the tips almost, even on fan leaves. I haven't seen anything new there either, so either it's been knocked back as well or I was wrong all together. I will try to locate some of these sites as well, but like I said I haven't noticed anything new and from my experience PM usually doesn't start taking hold till around week 5 of flower.

Aphids. Apparently there is a huge problem with them here in Oregon due to huge swarms of white flies last summer so a lot of people are battling them. At this point I really feel it's more about managing/keeping them at bay for as long as possible. They were treated with Nuke'em a couple weeks before coming over and I will be treating them again around week 5. I'm also looking for other ways I can treat them like a root drench that isn't overly harmful to the roots and plants.

Given all that and the issues I'm dealing with, they have been doing surprisingly well since entering my care. Fortunately I have the help of the growers I've been working with as they are dealing with them as well. But I am always looking for other ways, other peoples opinions, and just learn in general. And trust me, if I could afford to I would cut all of this out and be done with these. Unfortunately I don't have that luxury. So the plan is that another cycle will go in the beginning of February in a new tent and different room. All new gear (this stuff was donated) and all new plants that are certified clean. Once this one here is down then yes, everything will be getting broken down, sanitized, and rebuilt.

So I'll get those pics up as soon as I can. Gotta get all the stuff set up first. Lights are about to come on though so I need to get my watering done. Thanks a bunch you guys. Seriously.

Heres what i do brother. Worked everytime....neem oil is ur friend..flush the soil with it..second foiler spray top and bottom of leaves..make sure its ph is correct also..will kill all those suckers..repeat till no sign of bugs.now in the future...always soil drench with neem before you even plant ..that way your safe before u start.mgood luck..peace..
So though I've worked with a number of other growers before finally being able to do my own I could use some help on a few thing. I have three primary issues I have identified or know is present to some degree; Root aphids, spider mites, and powdery mildew. I'll start with the mites...

Spider Mites: Upon first seeing the signs I went through and removed all the leaves that were hit the worst by them, followed by a foliar spray (Safer 3 in 1 Garden Spray) during their first 6 hours of lights out on the 27th. I plan on doing another spray tomorrow (this morning) and wiping the leaves down with a neem oil/insecticide soap solution a couple days after flipping to 12/12 to take care of the rest of them. Anyone with any experience using these methods, or similar ones?

Powdery Mildew: Due to having such a low humidity during this last week of veg I was thinking I wouldn't have to worry about it popping up but I've been noting what looks like the beginning stages of it showing up. I know neem oil is an anti-fungal, so would it work to combat this? If not, any recommendations? I was also thinking a peroxide spray but not trying to do that unless needed. I also have a sulfur burner available if I end up needing that.

Root Aphids: Supposedly all these plants were treated before they were brought to me (I believe with "Nuke'em" or something like that), but that persons attention to detail is highly questionable so I want to cover my basis. I know Azamax is an option but am looking for less harsh methods unless I have to. Again, I'm looking at neem oil or some other base that wont harm the beneficials in the medium/root mass.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Neem oil is good stuff. Look up "controlling root aphids with Botanigard ES". No experience with Nuke Em. You have to really soak pot to get inside and under root balls for success. No chemicals and safe. If you do have aphids you have a serious battle ahead. Avid works by synthetic nicotene and is used world wide in bananas and such but I never feel safe smoking weed with it or E-20.

Is the weed you plan on smoking? IMO fix your room. Toss out cheap stuff, bleach everything, and if you can run an ozone generator into your rooms in reverse. This is one way they sterilize operating rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom