New grower with some DWC questions - Please help!

mmxk

420 Member
Hello, I'm planning my 1st ever grow and I have some DWC questions. Here's a description of my setup

Tent: 3x3x6
Light: Phytomax 2 200
Seeds: Feminized White Widow and Feminized CB Dutch Treat from CropKingSeed
Training: LST and scrog
For my 1st grow, I want to take it easy and only grow 2 plants but ideally, I would like to go for 4.

My questions are:

What are the main differences, advantages and disadvantages of using 4x 5gallon buckets (1 plant per bucket) or 2x 10 gallon totes (2 plants per tote) or 1x 20gallon tote for 4 plants? My guess are that individual 5 gallon buckets require each a water pump but there's no possibility to transfer root disease to other plants and the opposite for the 20 gallon tote; 1 water pump but all roots are exposed possible disease.

Most systems setup I see don't have a drain valve at the bottom of the buckets/totes. Why? Doesn't is make it much easier to drain them weekly using a drain valve connected to a floor drain via a short garden hose that can be unscrew at the ball valve connection?

Is there some benefits when using larger net pots? I see a lot of 10 gallon totes with 6x 3.75" net pot. If I plan to only grow 2 plants per tote, wouldn't make more sense to use 3 slightly larger net pot? In this setup, I could germinate 3 seeds and pick the best 2 and then use the middle hole to add water?

What are the main benefits of RDWC? Is it worth the extra effort? If I go this route, the reservoir will have to be outside the tent. I have room for the reservoir.

General Hydroponics, Advanced Nutriments or Remo? I want something good but I would prefer not braking the bank.

Last but not least, how high should the water be from the bottom of the net pot at seedling, early veg, late veg, early flower and late flower?

I really appreciate your help. I already have my light (haven't seeing yet) and my seeds are shipped. I just need to fly back home and will decide if I will buy all the remaining equipment locally at my hydro store or go the amazon way. I live in Canada and I'm somehow limited on amazon supply and sometimes prices are better in store.

3x3 isn't that large when your talking about hydro growing.

The 3x3 flood table I use is big enough for me to grow 4 to 6 girls in, but the room it's in is 3.5 x 4.5. so that gives me a little more.
that's growing mostly indica's naturally and not scogged or lst. ;)

Back
Top Bottom