New Grower

Omnisentinel

So I'm new to this whole growing and I don't have everything that a seasoned grower has like a good ballast.
Right now i have to settle with a mix of natural light and a fluorescent bulb. This is technically my second plant, my first turned out to be a male, and had to kill it. This is it below (hope I pasted the IMG link properly) My plant is exactly 45 days old today, I'm not sure if it's White Widow/Norther Lights/or something else.. I have a big seed collection.
44daysold.jpg

Any comments or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Lights on from 7am to 2am
Lights off from 2am to 7am
but just a day after posting I began placing the plant on the window to get natural sunlight during its normal Light cycle. It's definitely grown a bit higher now and has a strong scent.
This is a photograph of it today

DSCF04962.jpg

Sadly I have a crappy 125watt fluorescent, i think. I have two good HPS lights, BUT, no ballast from them... so my next major purchase is gonna be a ballast so i can blast my plants using the 400watt HPS bulb i have

u have any more CFLs (even lower wattage is still added lumens)?
How far away from the plant is ur current CFL?
U can tell by putting light away from plant that u dont feel any heat so not to burn it.

Its about 5 inches, i think, above it. And i don't have any other lights except for my HPS lights. I have seen it grow higher since I started placing it by my window, in plain view for everyone to see :p

u dont want to notice it getting taller, U want measurably plant height, not u nonchalantly walk by and see that its taller without more nodes.
So i would put back under CFL

how big of a pot are you using? my oldest would of looked puny next to yours when it was one month then i put it in a 6" pot outside since july and its bout 14" now i started bringing it in to finish off 18 hour light bout 2 weeks ago no nutes just FFOF now its in a 3 gallon pot cant wait to see what happens....my bad bout the babble but if you just up that light of yours i went to OSH(Orchard Supply Hardware) and bought a 42w CFL that outputs 150w that should be nice and would like to see what happens after that!

Ya Direct sunlight is 12:00 and it delivers 500,000 Lumen i see what ur saying but in a window think of a birds eye view at peak sunlight (12:00) that plant is blocked of birds eye view of DIRECT sunlight.
so cudoes

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom