New Grower

Rexnor

Hello everyone, I decided to start growing marijuana because frankly I'm obsessed with the plant (who isn't these days). I've done extensive research about the lighting and phases of growth I'm just a bit shaky on the nutrients and what soil to use. The current set-up I'll be using is a 400w MH bulb for vegging and a 400w HPS bulb for flowering. I'm using a yield master ii lighting fixture which can be fitted with both MH and HPS bulbs (or so I've been told). If you guys can give me any suggestions with which soil is best to start with or if there's any premixed soils I can buy from the local hydro store that'd be fantastic. I'd go in and ask myself but I don't want to give away that I'm growing cannabis haha. Thanks guys sorry for the long post.

Welcome Rexnor....

Twelve has some good suggestions for the soil's and nutrients :)...another honorable mention in the soil area I would recommend Happy Frog...I have gotten great results out of it...(this time around im doing FFOF and Happy Frog blend) If you decide to go the organic route, definitely look into some guano's too...bat guano, seabird guano and worm casings are great amendments to add to your soil...

I've personally never tried the Blue Planet Nutrients but many on 420Mag are achieving very good results from them and they are a sponsor as well :) I may decide to give them a run sometime in the near future as well...Just look around the site and see all the BPN grows...they look delicious!!

Here is the resource I used when I was choosing my nutrients...Its a great read overall because it was well documented and helps in understanding some details about nutrients, plants and the process..

A top nutrient study - Which is the best? Produces most?

(ps 420 growers..I'd love to see an organics shootout...Earthjuice, BPN, GeneralOrganics, BioBiz, Advanced Nutes..etc)(If I only had the room and the budget :)

Best of luck on your near future grow!!! You will find plenty of good people around here to help you.... I would recommend starting a grow journal if you already haven't....great place to keep track of your progress and share the experience with others!!

Wow that is really helpful information and thank you guys for the warm welcome and quick responses. I will most certainly start a grow journal I'm just not sure how to do that just yet. I want my herb to be as healthy as possible so I think I'll be going organic. I'm looking to start germinating my seeds either this weekend or the next. I will be sure to take pictures of my set up and seedlings if they sprout and post them in my grow journal!

Happy to see that your enthusiastic about learning...you can find out just about everything you need to grow fantastic buds here at 420magazine..

Here is where you can read about grow journals and get one started.
How to Make a Grow Journal

Good luck to you and great choice to go with organics!! cant wait to follow along!

Back
Top Bottom