New grower

wildtech

So being as it is now finally legal to grow marijuana in MA I figured I would invest a few dollars and get a quality grow room and seeds and try and grow my own supply. So I'm being patient, waiting for supplies to get here. I will be growing some White Widow and Amnesia Haze. Looking for any and all tips as this will be my first crop, and want to start off right! Pic of grow room from order site

420-magazine-mobile812299786.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Welcome wildtech.

I'll throw in a couple tips or things to think about :)

• Set up your grow space and run it for at least one 24 hour cycle.
  • Measure your min/max temps and humidity levels before germinating seeds.
  • A quality pH pen is useful when learning to grow Cannabis in soil or hydro.
  • Hardware store/garden center soil and nutrients like Miracle Grow are difficult to grow in and cause problems.
  • When starting nutrients begin with 1/4 recommended strength and gradually increase.

Have fun!
/Obi

Thanks Obi, grow room is about 80% set up, just need to set up vent hoses for exhaust fan to keep the temp down. Got some happy frog soil yesterday. Last night I started the germination process, I know it's going to be a couple days before the seeds can hit soil. So today I'm going to finish venting, and getting everything solid.

Also I must have been confused on what seeds I ordered! Not White Widow but Northern Lights, and Amnesia Haze.

Here's a pic of my grow room and supplies, had to get rid of the coconut coir do to allergy, but replaced with Happy Frog.
420-magazine-mobile1482063479.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1371566884.jpg

Waiting for seeds to crack, and show tap root! Oiy the suspense is killing me! I can wait to have them in soil!

Planted in happy frog soil in 3 gallon pots. The light is 2' from top of pots. And the thermostat has 2 temp readings, 1 in the white base and the other on the end of the wire hanging from it, also have humidity % built in. The temp at the pots is 75*, and 85* by the light. See yah on ground breaking day! .

420-magazine-mobile2012472732.jpg

3/3/17
Amnesia Haze has broken ground, Northern Lights, not yet. And watered 3/2/17 filtered tap water about quart each. No ph test, will get tester this weekend.

So I thought to myself, hey you have a fish tank you haven't used in years. I wonder if I have a ph tester stored with it? Sure enough I found ph tester, and ph up and down. Tested water I have been using, definitely needs to be adjusted! .

420-magazine-mobile205961558.jpg

3/4/17 Built sugar and yeast CO2 generator (note use stiff plastic or glass bottles that can hold pressure, its to easy to squeeze bottle to much and fill up hoses with water!)
Mixture I used: 7 cups of lukewarm water. 2 cups of white sugar. 1/2 teaspoon granular bread yeast. *note the more yeast to sugar ratio the faster the reaction, however also the faster it gets used up.

420-magazine-mobile337551140.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1545811780.jpg

3/5/17 Northern Lights has broken ground. Checked filtered tap water's ph, was at 6.4-6.6, have heard from 6.0-6.9 is ok? Watered plants about 32oz each no nutes yet. Temp is 75* by light and 70* by plant tops, relative humidity about 22%. Any way, bought some material today (magnifying glass, long pipe cleaners for lst, root promoter, a water bucket, and some ear droppers for easier ph testing). Thinking of building a couple scrogs out of wood and string?

3/8/17 watered plants with roughly 32oz filtered tap water, ph 6.4-6.6

3/11/16 changed up grow room a little. Both plants directly under light. Co2 generator still going. Temp is 81* by light and 77* by plants, humidity 24%. Watered with roughly 32oz of filter tap water with ph 6.4-6.6, and placed cup of water in room to increase humidity a bit.
420-magazine-mobile15279869.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1986828613.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1430392112.jpg

3/13/17 Built scrog out of 3/4"x3/4" wood and garden twine and installed into grow room, will adjust height when ready. Also purchased soil moisture, ph, light, meter.

Back
Top Bottom