New Grower

There is a direct correlation between the amount of watts a light actually pulls and yield. That’s why you see LED companies say things like “1000 watt equivalent “. They are saying their light is just as good as a 1000 w light but with more efficiency. My light pulls 450 watts at the wall. Let me see if I can find it on amazon.
One way I like to think about it is this...if I’m growing my own MJ then I’m not buying it. There is quite a bit of cost up front with growing and when we upgrade things as well. But I like to think of it in terms of “its paying for itself”! Lol. Helps me sleep better at night! For example and just using round numbers...So let’s say you pay 100 for a light that allows you to yield up to 1oz per plant if you only grow 2 at a time. Or you can pay 400 for a light that allows you to pull 4oz per plant consistently. Costs more up front but the money you save by not buying weed comes soon enough. Lol. I don’t know what kind of yield to expect from your light. But just looking at it, it seems like it would be more suited for a 2x2 space. That’s what made me suggest just getting 2. I would either just use the one you have or add another one to it if it was me. But I would be planning to upgrade my lights for my next grow or the one after that.

Growing is a lot of fun! I’d just get this one under my belt and learn more about lighting from some of the growers here over the next few months and decide what you think will get you the results you are looking for. I would put far more value in what you learn here than what you read on a manufacturers website or on their amazon page. Same with seeds and nutrients. They say things that tend to be exaggerated. Lol. But this place is full of great growers that have a lot of experience with just about everything out there. Once I found this place I stopped looking around the web and just started asking questions here. It’s a very friendly place full of people who enjoy helping other growers no matter what their experience level. I’ll tag a few active members that enjoy meeting some of our new folks. @MrSauga grew a white widow during his first grow here at the Mag. @Dutchman1990 has had a big impact on our community since his arrival. Both of those guys are Canadian as well. @InTheShed is a veteran grower here and not to mention Member of the Year last year. I’m sure they will be by to say hi soon! But what I recommend is starting a grow journal and let us know here in this thread when you do. There is a link in my signature with good info for new members. I’d also recommend checking out these guys threads and subscribing to them. You will meet some cool people there and you can usually find links to their grow journals in their signatures as well. I’ve learned a lot just reading the grow journals of the friends I’ve made here!
Ty.... My wife has given me permission to get another light up to $250 to add to this one would you get a better light and use the other one as an extra on the side or would you get another one exactly like that and attach it just trying to figure out what my best bet would be for now like I said later on I can start saving up for money to get those super nuko ones LOL but yeah I just want my first grow to be successful with a good yield it's for both me and my daughter she suffers from PTSD so it's like a plant each kind of thing and I want to make sure I have enough until I can get another plant going kind of thing

what would you think my best route would be to go for lights there's a bunch that I've seen at decent prices.I can use the light I have now and add to it I would like to get something that's a little bit better that I know I can get a good crop off of I know it's my first time probably won't be perfect but if I can get most of the stuff right at least it'll be a learning curve and I can improve after
You bet you can with the one you have now and then add to it as it grows . Need you to move to a journal so we can help with that grow! And no I’m not perfect the grow I have going I have screwed up three times this grow just helps us get better at it ! I have white Widow growing also .

Ty.... My wife has given me permission to get another light up to $250 to add to this one would you get a better light and use the other one as an extra on the side or would you get another one exactly like that and attach it just trying to figure out what my best bet would be for now like I said later on I can start saving up for money to get those super nuko ones LOL but yeah I just want my first grow to be successful with a good yield it's for both me and my daughter she suffers from PTSD so it's like a plant each kind of thing and I want to make sure I have enough until I can get another plant going kind of thing
I checked smoke Sara see had been online since 3:pm . Mr. Magoo called out the Calvery of growers that take care of us with our grows . For $250 you’ll get what you need ! @Emilya has some I believe were king led it light her room up! Maybe she could help .

Hi Pisidan,
welcome to :420:
Looks like all the boys and girls are taking good care of you. Heed their advice and you and your daughter wil be enjoying good meds and plenty of them in a few months. That WW has quite a knockout punch to it when all triched up, so careful come medication time.
:goodluck:

Thanks Magoo!

Hi Pisidan,
welcome to :420:
Looks like all the boys and girls are taking good care of you. Heed their advice and you and your daughter wil be enjoying good meds and plenty of them in a few months. That WW has quite a knockout punch to it when all triched up, so careful come medication time.
:goodluck:

Thanks Magoo!
Thanks..I like the wait wait I've had it before my daughter has as well it's also another reason we chose it I'm just looking to make sure that we got you know enough out of this crop that you plants for us to last till we can start the next grow that's why I'm looking at which lights I can get for around $250 Canadian. that's why I'm asking on here before I go ahead and buy more lights so I know that I'm getting what I need. My tent is 48"x24"x60 or 4x2x5 or 8 square feet.

Thanks..I like the wait wait I've had it before my daughter has as well it's also another reason we chose it I'm just looking to make sure that we got you know enough out of this crop that you plants for us to last till we can start the next grow that's why I'm looking at which lights I can get for around $250 Canadian. that's why I'm asking on here before I go ahead and buy more lights so I know that I'm getting what I need. My tent is 48"x24"x60 or 4x2x5 or 8 square feet.
Have you been to the Grow Lighting Forum yet? Check some of the threads over there and start a post of your own as well. More people will be able to help as well.

Have you been to the Grow Lighting Forum yet? Check some of the threads out there and start a post of your own as well. More people will be able to help there.

No I haven't stop working my way around lol ty

Welcome @Pisidan to 420mag!

I see the gang has been helpful to you so far and I would only add a few things! If you want to check your wall draw watts you can get an wattmeter which will show you the draw. This way you can know your 600W LED draws a true (example 270w). Otherwise I think yourbon the right track!

Start up a journal and tag us in! Looking forward to it!

Well I think I will get this light and add it to my tent. At 308 actual wattage I think I will be ok. It gives me 38 watts per square foot for plus whatever my other light adds

Hi all. I'm new to growing. Started my first one about a week ago with two plants to get my feet wet.my seedling sprouted on Monday and I'll include pictures on what they look like. I'm using 4x2x5 grow tent to start. once I get better and I'm know what I'm doing I'll start putting more money into a bigger tent. I'm also using 600w. LED lights with a grow and Bloom switch and a filtration system. Just wondering if there's anywhere I can look at the stages of marijuana growth and seedlings ect in weeks. Just so I know if I'm on the right track. I'm also going to be using sensi fertilizer for fertilizer when I get to the growth stage and I'm also using promix soil the herb and garden. my temperature is a consistent 24 Celsius and humidity is 30% I'm not quite sure if I should raise this to the 60 or 70 and if so how should I go about doing it?The strain I'm growing is White widow because I heard it's the easiest to begin with and usually you get a good crop with it?Any suggestions or help is appreciated as well thanks!
Hi Pisidan, welcome to 420 family!
For your space, you can use a led grow light whose actual wattage is around 320w if it is blurple lights. And I would suggest you can try our Mars SP-250. It can save 30% energy than normal led grow lights, so even it is around just 250w, it can suit your space well. The light is 2.35umol/j, very efficient, plus the price is only little more than 200USD. :) I am sure you will like it.

Found out that my light I have now actual draw in watts is 171 so it square footage I was off buy 9 watts but with my new light and this I will have 59 watts per square foot!! So I should be good!! Hooray!!
Have you ordered the new one already?

Looking good @Pisidan! Come up with a good adjective and SmokeSara might give you one! Link to the Mars Hydro contest is in my sig below (with some shameless promotion, I'm not too proud!) CHeers, have a great day!

Looking good @Pisidan! Come up with a good adjective and SmokeSara might give you one! Link to the Mars Hydro contest is in my sig below (with some shameless promotion, I'm not too proud!) CHeers, have a great day!
Thanks I did put in one. I'm never lucky at these things but you never know I suppose!! Would be great to win!! Good luck to you!

Well my new light arrived!! My God it's bright almost blind myself lol. I should be good now. So hard to be patient!! Can't wait to see them as a actual plant and not just a seedling lol
Congratulations that’s great to hear , please wear the right shades when working around your lights ! You need to make that list of what your setup is in your journal so you can reference what you did to get those girls growing! Give me a shout when you start that journal ! Very hard to be patience.

Back
Top Bottom