New Growers

JakeDog

Just being mindful of the new growers.
With the onset of the Spring/Summer please be cautious of what you may unknowingly be bringing into your grow area with you when you come in from outside.
If you mow your lawn, plant tomatoes or just a walk on the lawn, you may want to consider taking a shower and changing into fresh clothing, shoes etc., this will greatly reduce the risk of infesting your grow with plant destroying pests.
You have probably invested a good deal of your time, money and anticipation to this endeavor. Not much worse than being two to three months into a grow then watch in desperation as you lose it.
Be smart, be safe and enjoy the experience.
Best of grows at you all.

20210413_134516.jpg

20210413_134453.jpg

Just being mindful of the new growers.
With the onset of the Spring/Summer please be cautious of what you may unknowingly be bringing into your grow area with you when you come in from outside.
If you mow your lawn, plant tomatoes or just a walk on the lawn, you may want to consider taking a shower and changing into fresh clothing, shoes etc., this will greatly reduce the risk of infesting your grow with plant destroying pests.
You have probably invested a good deal of your time, money and anticipation to this endeavor. Not much worse than being two to three months into a grow then watch in desperation as you lose it.
Be smart, be safe and enjoy the experience.
Best of grows at you all.

20210413_134516.jpg

20210413_134453.jpg
Good advice. Welcome to 420magazine my friend :welcome:
Hell of a garden you have going.
Bill

Great advice. A lot of folks dont think about it ... I dont even like going into my flower room and do it daily in the AM before going outside. I leave my shoes at the door. Dont wear em in the house.

Washing hands and equipment also good practice. You can introduce bacteria and viruses along with 6 and 8 legged pests.

Ever wonder when there's sometimes an e coli recall on veggies?? Yeah try not to think about it.

Hi all, this is my first grow and I'm feeling very bad about it. I started my seeds in coco pellets after soaking them in distilled water for 12 hours. I've also started seeds in paper towels. I've used only distilled water. Both methods produced some seedlings that are growing very slowly despite all the care I've put into them. They're 3 weeks old, under 6 inches and only two sets of true leaves. I don't want to give up on them, but perhaps it's time to move on. Any advice is appreciated. thanks!

20210428_091515.jpg

20210428_091504 (1).jpg

Hi all, this is my first grow and I'm feeling very bad about it. I started my seeds in coco pellets after soaking them in distilled water for 12 hours. I've also started seeds in paper towels. I've used only distilled water. Both methods produced some seedlings that are growing very slowly despite all the care I've put into them. They're 3 weeks old, under 6 inches and only two sets of true leaves. I don't want to give up on them, but perhaps it's time to move on. Any advice is appreciated. thanks!

20210428_091515.jpg

20210428_091504 (1).jpg
Meant to say these are more than 3 weeks old. Shouldn't they be bigger?

Meant to say these are more than 3 weeks old. Shouldn't they be bigger?
Yes they could be bigger. But they are alive and growing so that's good. Just be careful wit water too much can stunt them.
@CannaLady you should get a journal going so we can follow along and help you when needed.

What is your setup like?
They look okay but need proper lighting, nutrients etc.
At that stage of growth I would have them ih their final containers. I use (not plugging any products) the auto pot system with Pro Mix HP/CC, and an Ionic nutrients solution.
400w/600w switchable ballast with an air cooled reflector. Use a 400w HID Hortilux blue daylight bulb for 30 days then switch to a 600w Hortilux Super HPS bulb for another 60 days. Have a good tester I use the Apera Instruments PC60 test pen. Keep your water Ph between 5.85 and 6.20, I stay around 6.0.
Keep your EC at the nutrient mfg. suggested readings. Mine is 1.8. An indirect airflow, temp. and humidity control.
I have real crappy water and use this for germination. Works fine without distilled water.
Keep it simple and basic and it will grow.
But not without the proper created man made environment.
Don't give up. I always water or feed the plants from bottom up.
Good luck, keep those girls growing.

What is your setup like?
They look okay but need proper lighting, nutrients etc.
At that stage of growth I would have them ih their final containers. I use (not plugging any products) the auto pot system with Pro Mix HP/CC, and an Ionic nutrients solution.
400w/600w switchable ballast with an air cooled reflector. Use a 400w HID Hortilux blue daylight bulb for 30 days then switch to a 600w Hortilux Super HPS bulb for another 60 days. Have a good tester I use the Apera Instruments PC60 test pen. Keep your water Ph between 5.85 and 6.20, I stay around 6.0.
Keep your EC at the nutrient mfg. suggested readings. Mine is 1.8. An indirect airflow, temp. and humidity control.
I have real crappy water and use this for germination. Works fine without distilled water.
Keep it simple and basic and it will grow.
But not without the proper created man made environment.
Don't give up. I always water or feed the plants from bottom up.
Good luck, keep those girls growing.
Hi Jake, I have them under blue/red led and no tent, Nothing expensive for my first time and I don't have a place for them to fully grow inside as my plan was to start inside and put out in May when temps are better here in Mass. I know it's not the best way to go, but will have to do. I'm using organic potting mix, distilled H2O that changes to ph to 6 after being exposed to air. IMO, starting them in coco pellets might have stunted growth. I've been growing heirloom tomatoes for a decade. Used pellets this year to save time and noticed they didn't spring up as usual.

Here are some photos of my latest grow which is all but cut down and drying, curing and am using it now. 90 day grow on OG Kush.
I will yeild about 1.50 to 1.75 lbs when cured.
Not prize winning, but an adequate quanity and a high quality grow. Am getting ready for another grow planned in two weeks. Two grows a year for me.
Careful on potting soil as it doesn't drain as well as a soiless mix and may be enriched with fertilizers and such.
Plants are pretty resilient.
Good luck and enjoy the frustrations.

20210417_163847.jpg

20210417_121835.jpg

20210413_134516.jpg

20210404_081333.jpg

20210307_163345.jpg

20210221_123703.jpg

20210208_110323.jpg

Here are some photos of my latest grow which is all but cut down and drying, curing and am using it now. 90 day grow on OG Kush.
I will yeild about 1.50 to 1.75 lbs when cured.
Not prize winning, but an adequate quanity and a high quality grow. Am getting ready for another grow planned in two weeks. Two grows a year for me.
Careful on potting soil as it doesn't drain as well as a soiless mix and may be enriched with fertilizers and such.
Plants are pretty resilient.
Good luck and enjoy the frustrations.

20210417_163847.jpg

20210417_121835.jpg

20210413_134516.jpg

20210404_081333.jpg

20210307_163345.jpg

20210221_123703.jpg

20210208_110323.jpg
They're beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom