New growth is it male?

glenski

Haven’t see. This before so early what is it?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

garybo

Yep, those are indeed balls with will spit pollen in a week of so. Most folk will destroy it, while others sometime will isolate if from the ladies and when it spouts out the pollen, catch it in a plastic bag and sprinkle the dust over one of the female plants.
Good luck

glenski

Well I have three seeding around it maybe just leave it? I ring get it though wo t that make turn the others male?

glenski

Sorry I meant I don’t get it I thought idea is to make all female. By pollenati g the others yes I may get a hybrid female is what your saying!

ResinSaurusRex

Having a male will not turn your other plants into males. I'd put that male outside your growing area though. Once the sacks pop, pollen goes everywhere and it could pollinate future grows.

If you do decide to use the pollen, use it on lower buds and turn off all fans and ventilation first. Put some in a ziploc bag and put that entire bag on a lower budding branch, seal the end of the bag so no pollen escapes. Wash your hands well and turn the fans/ventilation back on. Remove the bag a day or two later by turning the fans/ventilation off, spray water on the lower branch to remove any leftover pollen, wash your hands then turn the fans/ventilation back on.

You will end up with free seeds and save $$ buy not having to buy any.

garybo

If you do decide to use the pollen, use it on lower buds and turn off all fans and ventilation first. Put some in a ziploc bag and put that entire bag on a lower budding branch, seal the end of the bag so no pollen escapes. Wash your hands well and turn the fans/ventilation back on. Remove the bag a day or two later by turning the fans/ventilation off, spray water on the lower branch to remove any leftover pollen, wash your hands then turn the fans/ventilation back on.
@ResinSaurusRex ,Interesting, I may do just that next time one Hermie's on me. Thanks for the information.

Morda Grown

@ResinSaurusRex ,Interesting, I may do just that next time one Hermie's on me. Thanks for the information.
It depends on what makes her go hermi. If it is stress for say lighting or other stress issue the seeds have the hermi trait as a dominant. If it goes hermi on it's own because there are no males near by, you will end up passing the hermi trait as passive... Meaning less likely to get seeds that hermie if you breath on them wrong. :lot-o-toke:

Member of the Month: Aug 2021
Congrats its a boy…. upon learning such news its it customary for prospective parental units to pass out cigars….. here we prefer stoogies of the tobacco free variety :3::3::3:

if any females are nearby you can spray with water to kill pollen, but most here slip a plastic bag over the male, cut its main stalk and burn or discard in a remote location.

better luck next time

Top Bottom