New growth is white, is this normal? Help

I have a problem, the new growth that is coming in at the canopy is white. Its showing enough to see that each leaf will have 6 blades. Recent problem was nute burn/lights where to close. At the time I was using 11 CFLs 23w=100 each bulb was 1600 lumens so that's 17600 lumens total. I flushed it twice already and then it bounced back but the new growth is white, can someone give me input?

Azomite or seaweed can fix just about any mineral deficiency as long as your PH is good.

soil acidifier it lowers soil ph its all natrural & pelletized. and i also use garden lime if my ph is to low. all organic. i just watered it down with Zinc supplement i read about it in a gardening book about zinc problems. crushed up 3 tablets and put it in water and also made sure that the waters ph was low sonce my soil ph is to high. soil ph was about a 8

Azomite and seaweed are also just good to have both for plant growth and so you dont have any deficiencies in the future.

Not sure whats in your "soil acidifier" but sulfur is the yin to limes yang. adding the right amounts of lime with sulfur makes one hell of a soil with very stable ph.

a great way to get sulfur is gypsum or su po mag. I got a 40 pound bag of gypsum at home depot the other day for only like 4 bucks lol.

Gypsum is mostly sulfur but has a good amount of Calcium as well. Sul Po Mag is Sulfur Potash and Magnesium. Both have things plants love.

Azomite and seaweed are also just good to have both for plant growth and so you dont have any deficiencies in the future.

Not sure whats in your "soil acidifier" but sulfur is the yin to limes yang. adding the right amounts of lime with sulfur makes one hell of a soil with very stable ph.

a great way to get sulfur is gypsum or su po mag. I got a 40 pound bag of gypsum at home depot the other day for only like 4 bucks lol.

Gypsum is mostly sulfur but has a good amount of Calcium as well. Sul Po Mag is Sulfur Potash and Magnesium. Both have things plants love.

thats exactly what and where i got it from today. lol i looked right at it and read the back and seen sulfur. i used everything i bought today. i dont know how good my ph tester is tho. im learning to be patient to see the results. i cant stay out my grow room. lol your a great help if this was myspace youll be my top friend. Lol i need a new computer because i know youll be a bigger help if u had visual.

Well keep in mind the discolored leaves may not go to a normal green ever. However if you did fix the problem new leaves will look normal.

Under normal circumstances 2-4 days to see a change.

For future reference foliar feeding can instantly correct deficiencies. However do not do it now because you will end up overcorrecting the problem and cause more harm then good.

Foliar feeding with seaweed keeps minerals in the plant of nearly every type, plus gives them a little nitrogen and a tiny bit of Potash too. It also has plant growing hormones.

Where can i get this seaweed from? i seen bone meal in homedepot but didnt get it. Didnt have enough info on it to use. i just read more doing research saying that the dolamite lime i should mix it up in the soil and lightly water and wait a day to check the ph, i do.t want to continue to water or add things to tge soil while the plant is in there, so i want to put it in a hydro system. I think its better to manage the ph of liquid vs soil. plus its all on a timer for watering. Thing is would this work or fix the problem in time while im trying to get the hang of the ph in soil?

In hydro you must constantly monitor and adjust the PH. In water its never stable.

In soil if its good soil the PH is rock solid and it really does not matter if you water with water that has a high or low PH, your soils PH will not change.

Any type of seaweed will do. You can even use Nori (the stuff on the outside of sushi). Garden stores also sell it in liquid or powder.

Ill be heading to the grocery store in the morning. Im going to wait a couple days and see what happens. 4th day i should see improvment. then ill use seaweed and lime again bwcause my ph is showibg thats its to high. also in certain spots i stick the ph meter it gives me different readings. ill taje which ever is closet to the plant. at the start of it all it was great, it grew inches everyday thats because i went in my backyard and picked up alot of rocks and grey stones and mixed it in the soil. then planted it. i was using a huge clay pot tho which is a bad idea to use and with the rocks in it it was weighing down my veg shelf so other plants where sliding in leaning. so i changed the pot to plastic and never put the rocks back in and thats when the problems started so im going to try this seaweed trick and hopefully she comes back to me. your awesome help!!!!

Lime raises the PH. To lower it you need sulfur.

Also keep the ph meter in the soil for a few minutes. It takes a little bit to properly register

Lime raises the PH. To lower it you need sulfur.

Also keep the ph meter in the soil for a few minutes. It takes a little bit to properly register

right right, sulfur craming this all in my head is like studying for a exam. lol im writing this all down in my journal. my next grow ill make a journal on here about it and this experiance and the differences. Ill be keeping u posted on the results aroind day 4

The plant got worse after that night, its was purly the soil that was out of wack. Couldn't get it t whereit needed to be so I made the only move I had and switched it to a hydro system. And aslo did a couple pruning tricks. Since then its been growing normal new growth is good and also the roots are starting to run wild in the hydro system. I've been keeping th ph at 5.5 or 6. No more than 6.5. I have other plants in soil and I'm making sure the ph doesn't get out of wack on those. This was a huge learning experiance. Depending on how my first grow come out ill be making a journal to show its recovery and the yield it will get. I'm taking pictures now so when I get my computer ill be uploading asap.

Back
Top Bottom