New growth vying?

jimoffy

Basically, I have an outdoor plant here in Australia that’s been vegging for almost 7 months. It’s gone so well, grown in my balcony alongside 3 others (which are doing great?) same soil, coco and potting mix, same food and watering schedule and everything.

Last week I woke up one morning to water them, and noticed some of the newest growth had gone flimsy, turned a grey green blue colour, and some tips had gone dark..(definetely not nute burn)

I’m wondering what it is? Roots look fine I had a look, I attatched another 50L pot to the already 100LITRE pot thinking it’s root bound, which I don’t think it is after seeing the roots( this was only yesterday I did this). Growth seems slow, newest leaves all have burnt tips which spreads down the leaf killing it.

All old growth is fine, it’s only the top say 10% of the plant which is affected , this is a huge plant I have in a Scrog net alongside 3 other healthy monsters. What could cause this?? I have a big spider mite problem which I’ve had before, and I have got it under control now with neem oil, but I don’t think they’re causing this problem cause they all have mites, happens every year.. what could it be?

Only strange thing is this plant is the only one with spider mites on TOP of the new growth, usually they’re underneath the leafs? Anyway... flowering is due to start soon and I think they’re in stretch now..
27535479_10216036313207664_253645835_o_1_-_Copy_zpsi94w2aii.jpg
27484593_10216036296607249_18432043_o_zpsnukzo7pj.jpg

The box beside the camera click it will open your photo gallery on smart phone .

Pc your looking in the bottom right or left corner for it? Beside text box ?
Here for app

95f777ebffb0bd7093f46e8ff4d2be41.jpg
8ef4665ccdde6a8cb53c891e4282ec57.jpg
51d0ceaf75aba9868724045d4224133a.jpg

ok, but it also says i do not have permission to add attatchments?

Maybe you need to hit 50 post search teddy Edwards he might be able to help you out more?
Sorry

It looks like PH Fluctuation damage to me. Do you monitor your PH on a regular basis? If just on just lower leaves and not spreading it may have fixed itself. What PH are you running at and what type of grow - Hydro or Soil.

It looks like PH Fluctuation damage to me. Do you monitor your PH on a regular basis? If just on just lower leaves and not spreading it may have fixed itself. What PH are you running at and what type of grow - Hydro or Soil.

I'm in coco, outdoors. With pest Moss and perlite. I never checked ph, done this a few times now same pot, same soil, and no problems ever. I have 4 now and this one is playing up. Anyway, when you say check ph, do you mean check the ph of the water I'm going to give it today? I have a ph meter just not sure how to calibrate it?

Yes would be good to check the PH of the nutrients your putting in and runoff if in pots.

If growing in CoCo it is considered Hydro and should be between 5.5-6.5. Outside this range certain nutrients get locked out and not available to the plant. Also CoCo leaches our Calcium and Magnesium and cal-mag should be added to each feeding.

Different plants are more susceptible to PH fluctuations. You use PH UP it Down to adjust. Very inexpensive.

You can calibrate your pen by using calibration packets included with pen.

Yes would be good to check the PH of the nutrients your putting in and runoff if in pots.

If growing in CoCo it is considered Hydro and should be between 5.5-6.5. Outside this range certain nutrients get locked out and not available to the plant. Also CoCo leaches our Calcium and Magnesium and cal-mag should be added to each feeding.

Different plants are more susceptible to PH fluctuations. You use PH UP it Down to adjust. Very inexpensive.

You can calibrate your pen by using calibration packets included with pen.

Thanks. Today I bought ph up and down and a 7ph calibration solution. Fed the plant with 5.9 -6.1 ph today. I can not find calmag in Australia, I have Epsom salts, calcium I'll have to find somehow

Thanks. Today I bought ph up and down and a 7ph calibration solution. Fed the plant with 5.9 -6.1 ph today. I can not find calmag in Australia, I have Epsom salts, calcium I'll have to find somehow

Sounds great- I've not used Epson salt direct but i am sure if you use it sparingly it will work fine. I really believe that I pay a lot for a 1/2 liter of Cal-Mag and it probably only has a teaspoon of Magnesium in it. For me I don't think I really need the Calcium as my water is quite hard (PH 8.2)

I did a quick Google search and found a place in Australia that has Cal-Mag Bloom Cal-Mag 300ml - Hydro World

Back
Top Bottom