New growth - Wilting with brown tips

Thinking out loud and a bit out of the box: How did the roots look when you up-potted her? Did you water her in really well when transplanted? I'm beginning to wonder if there is a root problem. Any pests that you've noticed?

I appreciate the reply. Am I mistaken though that an Mg deficiency would effect the lower leaves first? All my lower leaves look solid green and healthy. It's ONLY the newest upper growth that has been suffering.

You are going to want that Mg in there when the seaweed does it's trick. Because as soon at growth explodes, so does high demand for the Mg, being the central element in the chlorophyll molecule. And your coco has an affinity for it as well as Ca.

My guess is at that point, once it turns around and growth explodes, you'll be looking at needing N next. So a good complete fertilizer designed for veg would be in order.

Thinking out loud and a bit out of the box: How did the roots look when you up-potted her? Did you water her in really well when transplanted? I'm beginning to wonder if there is a root problem. Any pests that you've noticed?

The roots were visible when I dumped her into the 5 gal pot from the 6" pot. They weren't a huge visible mass of roots, just a few that made there way to the bottom and edges. No pests that I'm aware of.

Epsom salt 1tbsp(15ml)/gal and some liquid kelp at the same rate, if you have it, would do the trick nicely.

:Namaste:

I could go get some epsom salts but I doubt Lowes will have kelp liquid. And I heard coco fiber should be rinsed first? To remove salts? Is this true because I didn't do that. I bought a coco brick off Amazon and wetted it down until it expanded then broke it all up.

2 days ago I gave her 64oz of ph correct water. No nutes yet.

:thumb:

I don't do coco, but I read some of it comes pre-washed and some isn't. There appears to be a wide range of quality, both in terms of fiber texture and PH/salt.

In a 5 gal pot, I'd be using at least double that 1/2 gallon you gave it. My inclination with all the 'N' and tip burn would be to really drench/flush and see how it reacts.

In a 5 gal pot, I'd be using at least double that 1/2 gallon you gave it. My inclination with all the 'N' and tip burn would be to really drench/flush and see how it reacts.

I know this is a totally lame excuse but I've only got 64oz at a time. I never got a bucket or another 64oz jug for watering as I didn't think I'd need more than a 1/2 gallon at a time. This all goes back to me worrying too much about over watering. :)

That said, I hope I didn't screw up as I just added another 1/2 gallon but I left the water more basic (probably 7.0-7.5) hoping it would help neutralize what seems to be hot soil. I assumed "hot soil" is more alkaline. I hope I assumed correctly! #shouldhaveaskedfirst

Most commercial "potting soils" are PH adjusted and buffered with lime. I don't bother adjusting the PH of my water (7.0) and the nutrients are typically acidified. I think you will find a "hot" soil is more likely to be acid, but again, I wouldn't worry about that part...yet. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well it's been only a few hours after that 64oz watering and the new, lighter green growth has literally shot up a good 1/2 - 3/4 inches. the droopy thin leaves have not changed and frankly, I don't expect them too but I'm amazed that the extra water has had such an effect on immediate height so quickly.

I think I may be stuck now as if I were to give nutes, that would mean more water, right?

I think I'll have a bourbon and chill.

Well it's been only a few hours after that 64oz watering and the new, lighter green growth has literally shot up a good 1/2 - 3/4 inches. the droopy thin leaves have not changed and frankly, I don't expect them too but I'm amazed that the extra water has had such an effect on immediate height so quickly.

I think I may be stuck now as if I were to give nutes, that would mean more water, right?

I think I'll have a bourbon and chill.

:passitleft:
Yes - more nutes would mean more water, but...
1) Watering again, one more time, probably wouldn't hurt anything
2) I'm not seeing an immediate need for nute's
3) The newest thin droopy leaves could improve
4) I'd wait. When you change multiple things all at the same time, you have no way of knowing which one helped, or hurt. Let each change have plenty of time to show its effects.
:Namaste:

Less is more with marijuana plants. I'm glad she is liking her water. Agree that another watering would be good- if you do and she droops her leaves don't worry- just means she had more than enough and will perk up again in a few hours. Put up more pics of her progress if you can, before feeding her anything. Its so easy to mistreat and create a worse issue.
:peace:

He/she has 30% coco in the mix, a known Ca and Mg sponge.

I've been thinking more about this and just ordered General Hydroponics CaliMagic. It'll be here tuesday so I've got a couple more days to evaluate the additional watering first.

So far this morning all of the newest growth has expanded and seems more vibrant. Still have many drooping leaves just below the new growth but I'm guessing that wont change.

You know, Amsterdam seed co claims this strain is great for beginners and classify it as "easy" to grow. I can't imagine what the hard to grow stuff is like! :)

It's getting worse. Now even the healthier larger green leaves are starting to tip-curl. Tuesday can't get here soon enough. :(

Should I flush the hell out of her? I can take her outside tomorrow and just run water from my hose but that wont be ph correct. My tap is around 7.0-7.5ph.

It's getting worse. Now even the healthier larger green leaves are starting to tip-curl. Tuesday can't get here soon enough. :(

Should I flush the hell out of her? I can take her outside tomorrow and just run water from my hose but that wont be ph correct. My tap is around 7.0-7.5ph.

Cal-mag won't help with the curl. It is either 'N' toxicity or over-watering, IMO. I wish I could lift the pot and get a better feel for what's going on.

I wouldn't worry about PH if you flush her. If you flush her, do it once and do it like you mean business. After that, you will need to let it dry out, and that is going to take time and patience. In a 5 gal. pot, I run 15-20 gallons of water through it. Let the first gallon sit for a bit to let the fibers absorb it. Then run the rest through. If the problem has been too much 'N' or lack of water, it will help. If it has been a matter of too much watering, you could be doing her in. I wish I had a better feel for which it is.

If it has been a matter of too much watering, you could be doing her in. I wish I had a better feel for which it is.

I can almost guarantee it isn't over watering. I've given the entire plant from start to now approximately 2 gallons, tops. I'll bite the bullet and flush tomorrow morning.

I can almost guarantee it isn't over watering. I've given the entire plant from start to now approximately 2 gallons, tops. I'll bite the bullet and flush tomorrow morning.

Cool! Keep us posted...

Back
Top Bottom