New Guy in need of opinions (unable to post pics)

AbraKadabra

Hello everyone, Im a new member, though Ive read numerous threads here seeking tips. To make a long story short Im a drug addict and most importantly a father and husband. The sole provider of income for my family working a min wage fast food job. My goal is to make enough money to move where more opportunities exist. Watching the plants grow is theraputic for me and i would do it even if there was no profit to be made. I currently have 2 master kush feminized seeds from Nirvana just over 2 weeks from sprout. They germinated in a 10-5-5 organic potting soil mix. From here things get weird. As I am unable to post pics I assume advice will be hard to come by. However I will do my best to describe every detail and any advice will be greatly appreciated. Here goes... Sprout 1 broke the soil after 5 days. I had nothing from Sprout 2 so I uncovered some soil and found it to be germinating under a wood chip in the soil mix. Idk if it would have made it or not had i not moved the woodchip. Iplaced both sprouts under a 150w equiv cfl in a reflector ballast used for chick brooders. I also added some 100w equiv cfls and mylar for reflection. All cfls are daylight 5k and I now have 5 100w and 1 150w bulbs rigged up something awful lol. My grow room is pretty wide open as i am using a non functional bathroom. I have a small fan to circulate air and i leave the door open whenever i can. I have been running 24/0 because I have yet to figure out how to give them total darkness. I mixed a bag of peat moss with the potting soil and transplanted into a 5 gallon bucket. The next day I transplanted sprout 2 into 5 gallon bucket with no peat moss added to the soil. For the next few days sprout 2 seemed to be outpacing sprout 1, the stem seemed to be thickening faster. Sprout 1 took off. While both are similar in height, the foliage on sprout 1 is absolutely unreal compared to sprout 2. Sprout 2 has around 5 sets of leaves, thin and drooping slightly downward with very small sets growing at the nodes. Sprout 1 has around 5 sets as well but they are very large and wide, with the sets growing in at the nodes in such a way that its hard to count them all. Sprout 1 has never stretched toward the lights and its leaves are perky and reaching upward. The length of the leaves from tip to tip on sprout 1 has just exceeded the width of the bucket,while sprout 2 is less than half that size. I am very determined and confused. My only other attempt turned out to be male so the flowering phase is uncharted territory. I have given both plants 5-1-1 alaska fish ferts. Im fairly convinced that my problem is lighting but being new and relying on success I have really tortured myself contemplating whats wrong. Thanks to any and all who take the time to read this. Typed out on an xbox controller lol that is a testament to my dedication haha happy growing peace

Edit: sprout 1 was transplanted 1 day before sprout 2 and both began in 5 inch jiffy pots. I removed sprouts from these small biodegradable pots instead of transplanting pot and all like the jiffy pot instructions advised. I assumed the roots would spread better this way.

ok so best advice and easiest I can give

18/6 so 18 hours on 6 darkness for veg or 20 or 24 anything above 16 unless its gas light method!

I veg 24

Once plants are established go 12/12 so 12 hours on 12 off I mean a minimum of 12" ideally ime 24"+

Id look into ed rosenthals or Jorge Cervantes books on how to grow theres also some links Ill post

hope that helps

How to Grow Marijuana

Frequently Asked Questions

Thanks for the advice, ive been reading through every relevant thread in those links. I really wanna give these plants some darkness but im afraid anything less than total darkness will spur hermie traits. Its my understanding that feminized seeds come from plants intentionally stressed to the point of herming out.

That's partially correct but not entirely guys like myself that breed will use other methods cs (colloidal silver) to force feminized seeds to create a stable genetic if it is feminized just shoot for 18 on or 24 if that isn't possible. You can go bloom once established I'd recommend 18+ inches.

The fast grower could be a male, they want to get high above the females so as to drop pollen into a flowering plants. You won't know til you sex them...for total darkness, go buy "blackout" plastic at your local Hydro Store. :)

Back
Top Bottom