New Guy With Indoor - Outdoor Dreams

Re: New guy with indoor/outdoor dreams

Well I got some new tools for my arsenal. Mostly for when it becomes flowering time.

I picked up some 0-0-3 silica from growtek. and I also grabbed a 4 pound bag of 0-8-0 bat guano from fox farms.

The bat guano I probably wont even touch until its time to flower or close to time to flower. Hydro girl said itll take about a week for the fox farms guano to start to break down well, so I will probably introduce it about a week before I begin flowering.

The Silica I plan to introduce now and will just add it in as something that I put a small amount of in every feeding kinda like my B1 complex.

Pics in a few days. Man this Chem D is just going nuts. The guy at the clone store confirmed Chem D is a nute hog and Helix is a lightweight, with the other two somewhat in the middle. He seemed impressed when I told him my Chem D grew over a foot in 2 weeks :D.

OH NO I GOT MITES!

Just went and checked out the plants. Noticed a bunch of TINY white mites mostly along the rim of the pots and kinda coming up from in the soil. At first I freaked out, but then I did a lil research and supposedly these bastards are signs of a good thing.

They are indeed mites but they seem to be Oribatid Mites. Which are signs of really healthy soil. The pot which seemed to have the most was the Chem D that keeps growing a inch a day. Makes you wonder if these bugs arnt the reason why.

Thank god it was not the other kinda mites :D.

Awh I went by the clone store today. Was gonna get 2 or 4 more plants of white widow, northern lights 5, g-13, or ak-47.

But the damn place was closed om sundays... and its a 40 min drive.

On another note the plants were getting too big so I had to put them in 3 rows instead of 2. Going to be FIMMING almost all plants again over the next week especially the Chem D, because frankly Chem D is on crack. Hopefully its buds are big, tastey and potent. If it is, it is definitely going to be one of my permanent strains.

Also that Helix which I topped way back in week 1 or 2 now has two distinct equal height main colas, plus like 6 other shorter secondary stalks. Maybe I am not such a fail grower after all lol.

Pics soon.

Ok boys n girls, its picture time. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Ok so even though its just 4 days since the last pictures I think you'll be shocked with the growth. If only my stupid plum tree in my yard would grow like this...

DSCN5286.JPG
DSCN5284.JPG
DSCN5288.JPG
DSCN5290.JPG
DSCN52921.JPG
DSCN52912.JPG

The tree with 2 main tops above is the original topped plant. The strand is Helix.

The 2nd to last photo is the plant I FIMMED a week ago. It looks like its going to get 4 main stems off the FIM.

I also got sick of the Chem D growing wild like i injected it with a double dose of steroids (i don't give my plants steroids... or do I?). So I ended up tieing it down, WAYYYYYYYYY DOWN. Took it from about 2 feet in height to 1 foot. But now its like 3 feet wide rofl.

Here is the big Chem D now.

DSCN53072.JPG

Ok so its been 10 days since my last post. But I would like to welcome everyone to the latest National Forest in California, I proudly present to you all "Jimmystoned National Park" The only national park where not only is logging legal, but its mandatory :).

This is also the 6th week bday of my babies.

DSCN5310.JPG
DSCN5317.JPG
DSCN5318.JPG
DSCN53201.JPG

More like a Jungle than a Forest ... Nice work ... :bongrip:

If it were me I'd be transplanting them outside about now ... this frees up your pots and grow room to start another grow ... w/luck you could have two harvests done by Fall ... depending on how wet your fall weather is you can grow outside till the first frost and if you protect your plants, generally you can grow for 3-4 weeks after the first frost. Generally speaking your outdoor plants will flower well before the fall equinox.
:bongrip:

More like a Jungle than a Forest ... Nice work ... :bongrip:

If it were me I'd be transplanting them outside about now ... this frees up your pots and grow room to start another grow ... w/luck you could have two harvests done by Fall ... depending on how wet your fall weather is you can grow outside till the first frost and if you protect your plants, generally you can grow for 3-4 weeks after the first frost. Generally speaking your outdoor plants will flower well before the fall equinox.
:bongrip:

While that does sound like a pretty good idea, seeing how big these are after 1.5 months. I think that they would just become monsterish with another 1.5-2 months inside. I would certainly need to add some mid canopy cfl to keep the lower ends healthy, I have 2 already that I can implement at any time.

One big problem is if I was to transplant them outdoors outside of their pots, I have doubts that their rootballs are big enough to hold together the soil and not just fall apart when I remove them. I could be wrong Iono.

The other reason I was planning on keeping them indoors is it gets 110 degrees here in the summer on bad days easy. If I wait 2 months I can keep them cool until its closer to the end of summer.

While that does sound like a pretty good idea, seeing how big these are after 1.5 months. I think that they would just become monsterish with another 1.5-2 months inside. I would certainly need to add some mid canopy cfl to keep the lower ends healthy, I have 2 already that I can implement at any time.

One big problem is if I was to transplant them outdoors outside of their pots, I have doubts that their rootballs are big enough to hold together the soil and not just fall apart when I remove them. I could be wrong Iono.

The other reason I was planning on keeping them indoors is it gets 110 degrees here in the summer on bad days easy. If I wait 2 months I can keep them cool until its closer to the end of summer.

They look great bro... :thumb:

I used to veg with CFLs...they are pretty worthless more than a few inches away...but I guess something is better than nothing!

The biggest downside to going outside later rather than sooner is all the sunlight you'll be missing...but I guess everything is a trade-off!

:Namaste:

Well so far I do not notice any of the bottom foliage getting a lack of light. And the canopy is about 2.5 feet deep. Obviously if it got 4 feet deep it would probably become an issue. But I got 8 54 watt bulbs cranken 24/7 and got some 23 watt CFL bulbs ready to rock whenever it looks needed.

So today I bought a ton of blocks and cement and all that stuff to raise the walls in my back yard a few feet. To keep my grow covert and also just to make my backyard more private as I would like to get a pool sooner or later. Plus would love to some day have the garden utopia thing going on and have tons of veggies, fruits, shade trees, and tons of dank growing like I was in a George Cervantes video :).

I will be raising the wall up this sunday. So soon after I will possibly be putting the girls outside, and considering new clones need at least a good week or two in smaller pots I could just put them outside in their pots not putting them in ground for at least another week, or maybe just leaving them in their pots the entire grow.

On another note I have been heavily considering starting a new flowering room indoors. Most likely using a NFT hydro system. I would either go 3 by 6 or 4 by 8 for the room, 5 by 10 is also possible though. I would love to use LED lights for flowering, however it seems that LED lights are still kinda shitty. Is that correct? I mean I know that sooner or later LED will take over the game. But from what I read those days are still a few years away. So unless I am wrong about LED still sucking for growing, I would use 2 1000watt HPS or 2 600watt HPS.

My room would use those cool tubes or something similar to keep the bulbs a bit cooler and to vent out the hot air. I would also have a portable A/c permanently inside the room with the hot air from it being ported out along with the light heat then either going into my attic or just straight out my window.

I am mostly considering NFT because the system uses one big reservoir, thats nice and easy to deal with. It is also retardedly simple to make for a cheap price. The other possibility is a DWC system. But it would need to somehow be a single reservoir setup as filling up a bunch of separate 5 gallon buckets every few weeks and ph testing them all, filling them all with nutes and stuff does not sound like my idea of a fun time.

If I do go through with the flowering room I would most likely make some aero cloners to start new cuttings off then switch them into something bigger like a bigger aero setup, a DWC a NFT or maybe a flood n drain for a 10-30 day veg. Seeing how massive these guys are getting in 45 days I think that 20-30 days veg is the sweet spot. Then transfer them in to a flowering room.

Well I am talking too much now lol. But yeah ill keep ya fellas updated and if I keep my grow going how its been all the way through flower then I will be entering my babies into the rookie of the year contest :).

Mother fucking SOBs.

one of my lights crashed totally crushing the 3 back plants and breaking some branches on the 2 middle ones. Stupid cheap ass chinese piece of plastic that holds the metal ceiling bars iin place literally broke in half. I was in the kitchen and heard a crash. I instantly knew what fell...

The Chem D got it the worst, its trunk literally split in 2. I think it can repair itself and become a massive tree but we will see... it is literally split in 2.

I made like 20 clones from all the broken off branches n shit. I had rockwool cubes i bought last week luckily. However I have no clone dome or nothing to really make one with and its the middle of the night.... Walmart is my only hope.

Now I stink like weed because the damn PO4 and helix stems where just covered in crystals... I guess thats par for walmarts midnight shoppers though so its all good.

ugh...

Mother fucking SOBs.

one of my lights crashed totally crushing the 3 back plants and breaking some branches on the 2 middle ones. Stupid cheap ass chinese piece of plastic that holds the metal ceiling bars iin place literally broke in half. I was in the kitchen and heard a crash. I instantly knew what fell...

The Chem D got it the worst, its trunk literally split in 2. I think it can repair itself and become a massive tree but we will see... it is literally split in 2.

I made like 20 clones from all the broken off branches n shit. I had rockwool cubes i bought last week luckily. However I have no clone dome or nothing to really make one with and its the middle of the night.... Walmart is my only hope.

Now I stink like weed because the damn PO4 and helix stems where just covered in crystals... I guess thats par for walmarts midnight shoppers though so its all good.

ugh...

Bro...that sucks!!! I'm so sorry...

If you can wrap up the Chem D stem to hold it together, it should heal...just use something that you can easily loosen as it repairs itself/grows...

Haven't seen another post since your late-night Walmart run...Hope that went well! Keeping my fingers crossed brother!

:Namaste:

Well Walmart went ok. I ended up finding some fairly tall caserole pans with clear lids. They are 7 inches tall inside which should be pretty decent and considering they where like 2.50 for a pair You really can not beat the price :D. I also got a back warmer heat pad to put under the trays, but I will return it for a different one because this one auto shuts off after a hour.

As for the plants I can hardly believe it but the Chem D that got crushed still seemed to be growing... I have been water feeding the leaves of the crushed plants figuring it might be awhile until the stems are fully functional again. It even ate up about 1.2 gallons of water yesterday.

Also I noticed that there are white roots comming out the bottom of the pots on basically all of them. Man B-1 is crazy good for roots, I love this shit. I will be giving the clones a tiny bit in their water later today to help with the root growth.

So here is the clone domes. I have them in little 2 inch rockwool cubes that have the plastic around them

Then next 2 pics are the chem d trunk split.
Then the Po4 which seems perfectly fine
Then last is the Helix which has two braches that I tryed to tie back on but judging from the wilting leaves I think they might not seal back together.
All 3 of them suffered some burns on a few leaves and its showing a bit more now that its 24 hours later. however the burns are just in a few spots. However I am pissed off the the top of that FIM plant got knocked off the other PO4. Its now one of the clones lol

DSCN5326.JPG
DSCN5335.JPG
DSCN5334.JPG
DSCN5323.JPG
DSCN5341.JPG

Chem D is such a strong strain its becomming ludicris. Lets just hope the buds are equally as ludicris :D

BTW I have 17 total clones in the domes. 10 are Helix and although it sounds weird I even put two separate clones into a single cube a few times, simply because I had that much helix branches get knocked off. then 6 are PO4 clones and 1 is a Chem D.

I guess if there is a bright side to any of this if the clones all take off and start growing soon. I will have a massive harvest come Sept or Oct :D

Man I just had to pull the two tied down stalks on the helix, They were just leeching off the plant and were not going to make it.

But the really shitty part is I noticed that one of the secondary main stalks was only half on. Its shitty because it is a huge 2 foot long stem with multipile 1 foot stems comming off of it. Half of it seemed alive and well the other half looks droopy and on life support. I gave it a good ffoliar drenching with water and B-1 especially the droopy sad leaves part. Hopfully that can keep it alive until the branch repairs itself. I would really hate to have to rip off the entire branch because it would probably be a good half oz come harvest time...

On the upside the Chem D aint stopping. If anything its growing strong now lol. The trunk splitting basically opened up the middle and its already starting to fill in. Now the darn thing is about 3.5 foot wide and like 1.5 feet tall. The single plant almost stretches across the entire 4 foot tent. Looking more like a vine then a weed plant.

As for the PO4 that got crushed I dont think it even noticed. Its just growing normally.

Clones look good, hopefully they work. Its my first time making weed clones. But ive made regular plant clones before.

So been a few days now. Clones are all still alive but no roots yet that I see. I decided to trim a lot of the big leaves on the clones to about half size.

I mist them and the cubes with a solution thats roughly 90% water 6% B-1, 2% superthrive, 2% hydrogen peroxide.

The Po4 and chem D clones look more vibrant then the helix. But thats expected i guess. Helix is only about a 3 on the ease of growing scale, while Chem D seems more like a 10.

I think if I took a gun, shot the Chem D a few times, kicked it off a cliff into the ocean, then ran over it with a mac truck, the Chem D would just keep growing and not even notice anything happened.

However if I even look at the Helix negatively it gets all sad weepy and droopy

Ok so its been 4 days since the light fiasco. I will be moving at least 1-3 plants outside within a week. Mainly because my tent is maxed out now. It has leaves touching every wall and there is no room for lateral growth. Plus gotta make room for the clones assuming they manage to root.

As for the clones I still see no roots. I added a small layer of perlite to the bottom the other day because the rockwool cubes seemed too moist to me. So the perlite will keep the rockwool a bit dryer plus give a little area for roots to grow down into. They all seem healthy and happy at least.

As for feeding the clones I still spray the leaves with the hydrogen peroxide, water, superthrive, b-1 mix. Usually 2 times a day. I think soon ill lower it to once a day though.

I really really hope these clones work...

On another note I do plan on going to the clone store on july5th to grab a couple more strains.

Possibly some northern lights and a good sativa like maui wowie?

Back
Top Bottom