New here, first grow

I used water and ice when I made hash but if I can get dry ice when I’m ready to make it again I’m going to try it out. I think the end product comes out fluffier.

Now I did find the water and ice method to be quite effective and super simple though still and with a couple buckets no mess really. Either way make sure you agitate the hell out of it and you can reuse the same material a couple times. I got at least 60% of the yield the second time I ran it through so don’t throw it out! I used the wife’s egg beater for 10 minutes or so per run with three bags - one working bag and two screens for collection, worked great!
Awesome, what size micron mesh are you using I don’t want to go through all 5 bags of it’s not essential

25, 75, and I believe it’s 220 for the working bag which holds the plant matter. I found it enough, but I’ve never tried more bags, seems like extra unnecessary work to me. I even ended up mixing it all together anyway lol

I found making bubble a PAI. Used 5 gallon buckets, and paint mixer on a drill to mix, and usually did a half a pound of bud at a time. Now I do RSO and reclaim my solvent with a still then decarb the extract.
Have you thought about a heated press for solvent free ? I came across that method the other day, seemed pretty simple and straight forward

Have you thought about a heated press for solvent free ? I came across that method the other day, seemed pretty simple and straight forward
Just bought one this fall, but freeze forced early harvest of my 8 foot greenhouse plants, and not much of a yield for the effort on the premature bud. It does show promise, and I like the flavor, but it has to be burnt to decarb. RSO on your tongue will kick your butt. Another difference is that RSO has chlorophyll which impacts taste.

I've heard 40 - 50% during Flower. Mine stays 50 - 60% & once in a while I get it close to 40%. Good enough for most strains but there are some out there susceptible to mold where you must have lower humidity. I know Fire OG is one of them that needs low humidity.
When you say low, what range are you referring? I’m Day 38 from flip and my rh stays 50-55%.

Back
Top Bottom