New indoor grower

Crystal1

420 Member
Hi everyone, new grower here and have a few inquiries.
I put the 4 week old clones into the veg/flower room and 24 hours later the leaves have started to curl.
they are in coco and where doing great in the clone room.
Hvac air conditioning system and have 2 foggers, and have been keeping the temp 26 Celsius and 70 percent humidity. The roots are white, it’s perplexing.
Any advice would be great
2222B04B-C032-4920-8D57-FBC5FB4DB9D0.jpeg
C2DAE71B-6912-47BC-BD2D-CF3E08FC7864.jpeg
7453F864-24D5-49E8-89A3-09BB7BD7031D.jpeg

The difference is the bigger room that they are in now is a Hvac air conditioner and in the clone room it’s small and has a window air conditioner that sucks the air out..

I put the 4 week old clones into the veg/flower room and 24 hours later the leaves have started to curl.
they are in coco and where doing great in the clone room.
The most important bit of info that should be answered first before the others.

It reads like you took care of the clones and getting them to root. If so, what were the clones rooted in? Were they rooted in coco coir or in water or in something else?

Are you familiar with the terms "water roots" and "soil roots". Something I had been thinking about and it came up in a thread here, not to long ago, about problems with getting clones to surviving being planted in soil after having been rooted in water.

In soil, that would looks like overwatering. Underwatering wilt doesn't look like that in my room. Also, cement doesn't seem to bother my girls feet one iota.

The most important bit of info that should be answered first before the others.

It reads like you took care of the clones and getting them to root. If so, what were the clones rooted in? Were they rooted in coco coir or in water or in something else?

Are you familiar with the terms "water roots" and "soil roots". Something I had been thinking about and it came up in a thread here, not to long ago, about problems with getting clones to surviving being planted in soil after having been rooted in water.

Good morning these girls were always in coco.
Ok but something more than air exchange must be going on. so what about the floor & table questions above?

is that coco or soil? how often do you feed? how often do you water? are you adjusting ph? to what value? are you using nutes? are you using cal-mag?
Good morning, I wait till the coco to be dry then water 2 to 3 days, yes for adjusting the ph 5.9, nutrients has automatic ph balance, no to cal-mag but have been using dr repair which I believe has calmag in it.

Perhaps it could be transplant shock? How long ago did you transplant?

But, my understanding is that coco needs to be watered everyday. Perhaps your girls are just thirsty?

Coco dries out pretty quick and members here find themselves watering and feeding coco, micro amounts of fertilizer every watering, every day. (pH'd for coco)

They feed micro amounts of ferts every watering due to the amount of overall watering that has to be done. The excessive watering needed to keep coco hydrated, strips the nutrients in the medium.

I have zero experience in coco and this is only what I see as a discrepancy between yours and others coco grows.

Hi Crystal, What's the room temp now? Did you pre charge the new coco with cal mag? Welcome!
Hi, the room temp is set at 24.5 27 degrees Celsius and 68-75 percent humidity. (Fluctuations)
I didn’t pre charge the new coco with cal-mag. I use advanced nutrition with ph balance in it( I check with the pens ph pen ppm pen) RO water, and dr repair.

Perhaps it could be transplant shock? How long ago did you transplant?

But, my understanding is that coco needs to be watered everyday. Perhaps your girls are just thirsty?

Coco dries out pretty quick and members here find themselves watering and feeding coco, micro amounts of fertilizer every watering, every day. (pH'd for coco)

They feed micro amounts of ferts every watering due to the amount of overall watering that has to be done. The excessive watering needed to keep coco hydrated, strips the nutrients in the medium.

I have zero experience in coco and this is only what I see as a discrepancy between yours and others coco grows.
Hi, the transplanting was a few days ago.
Will try the feeding everyday will keep you posted.

Feeding won't perk them back up. If you are only watering your coco...
I wait till the coco to be dry then water 2 to 3 days,
This may be the issue.

The feeding was mentioned, as that is what I see others do. They feed very small amounts of nutrients every watering.

Just try watering sooner and see if they perk up a bit.

How long have they been in these new containers?

Temp sounds good. I'm not a coco grower but watch it sometimes. Pat the Puffer has mentioned the way I see people have success. Low % (25%)of top feed but every day or even more than once to start. Every day is the key and with a little runoff to draw away anything not wanted (salts), a half a cup or a cup maybe.

In soil, that would looks like overwatering. Underwatering wilt doesn't look like that in my room. Also, cement doesn't seem to bother my girls feet one iota.
Understand. Just something to consider.

Sometimes when putting rooted clones from water into soil I will see the same sort of wilt and taco upturn to the leaf edges. Sometimes the plants recover nicely and sometimes they don't.

Feeding won't perk them back up. If you are only watering your coco...

This may be the issue.

The feeding was mentioned, as that is what I see others do. They feed very small amounts of nutrients every watering.

Just try watering sooner and see if they perk up a bit.

How long have they been in these new containers?
They have been in the new containers for 5 days

Back
Top Bottom