New Jersey's Medical Marijuana

Hi Stizz1e

I'm psyched that #14 is on the doorstep.

There's a few threads about this, here's one below we could bump.

Medical Marijuana Pondered in Jersey

It's fanstastic the way this one looks to be sailing through.

Let's keep our bongs crossed :cheesygrinsmiley:

Im happy and sad at the same time. Yes the door is opening on this coast. finally but i think the wording of the law is a bit overly cautious. Not allowing patients to grow their own meds is ridiculous in my opinion, and the lack of compassion for chronic pain sufferers bothers me as well, also it stops me from being eligible. But it passed, and I think that after a year or two things will loosen up some, at least I hope so.

Exactly

The pipe is half full not half empty

Keep pushing forward, it'll be full soon.

You guys are just days from being the 14th state with a Medical Law. Mad props to New Jersey

AS do I however i dont think we will see any loosening of the restrictions with Christie in office. While he supported the bill, he was an advocate of tightening the wording of the bill.

We will see what happens.
Do you know the law takes effect and doctors can prescribe medical marijuana?

I heard that NJ will not allow patients or Caregivers the right to grow but instead will allow State run dispensaries to sell it to Patients is this true? Where is there a copy of the Law or Bill that Corzine signed?

this is true, you will not be able to grow your own meds. The first 6 dispensaries will be non profit government run. 2 in each section of the state. More will be able to open and be for profit so i've heard. They will also look at adding conditions to the law after the 2 year review.

I think that stinks. IMO it is going to be like a Methadone Clinic with the stigma of having to show up there. I do not like it. There is a Bill introduced in the RI Legislature that will if passed outlaw Caregivers in 2012 "or when the 3 State dispensaries are up and running" which probably will be this summer. I am vehemently opposed to that also. The same people who would arrest a user are now trying to sell us? I would light my money on fire first.

Back
Top Bottom