New Light - New Grow - ScrOG 4 Plants - 480W LED - Hydro

Here is a close up of the leaves that are yellowing...

DSC_0496_Small.jpg

Hey bro. Nice set up. I think you might have your light too close. You have a better view than I do but it looks like in the pictures that the leaves are folding up a little. And seeings how your temps are ok It may be your light. You said you have the 5w right? They are more powerful and need to be farther away. Their site says like 30 inches. My girls was doing the same thing last night. so I moved my light up. But I havent been out there to check to see if it fixed the problems. From all Ive read, Even tho the Leds dont put out alot of heat they can still burn your plants like we get sunburn. And if you stick your head under the light for a few secs you can feel the heat. Just a thought.
by the way...Im in bro. Subbed and ready

Hey bro. Nice set up. I think you might have your light too close. You have a better view than I do but it looks like in the pictures that the leaves are folding up a little. And seeings how your temps are ok It may be your light. You said you have the 5w right? They are more powerful and need to be farther away. Their site says like 30 inches. My girls was doing the same thing last night. so I moved my light up. But I havent been out there to check to see if it fixed the problems. From all Ive read, Even tho the Leds dont put out alot of heat they can still burn your plants like we get sunburn. And if you stick your head under the light for a few secs you can feel the heat. Just a thought.
by the way...Im in bro. Subbed and ready

Thanks man, and I was thinking the same after looking at the leaves more. I've already moved the light a few days ago but I'm not sure it was enough. Thanks for the heads up, for some reason I was thinking it was 18"

LED are 18 to 24. Cfls close as you can get without burning them. Most time 6 to 8 inches. The big gas bulbs and halos are 24 or more, depends on air flow. I think. Don't hold it all to me

Alright, so we've had some changes with the older clones and trimming them up and recloned. Main four ladies are doing great still, I've moved the light up to about 22" and waiting to see the results. I don't have a pic from before chop but I had two medium sized clones and one larger clone I had to do some maintenance with because of size restriction. I chopped four clones from the larger one and two from one of the mediums(the larger one still in the cloner). The other medium one I decided to take and put into a different closet and switch it to flower in about a week, after its recovered from transplant. I have two 23w spirals at 5,000k and four 13w spirals at 2,700k lighting it up. So far we haven't decided on names yet but working on it, we're thinking astrological names. That's all for now, I'll have more pics later today. Also checking to see how the clones are coming along, not too worried about the drooping currently. Humidity is pretty high in the veg room so I believe they'll do just fine

DSC_0438_Small.jpg

DSC_0439_Small.jpg

DSC_0441_Small.jpg

DSC_0442_Small.jpg

DSC_0443_Small.jpg

DSC_0444_Small.jpg

DSC_0445_Small.jpg

DSC_0446_Small1.jpg

DSC_0440_Small.jpg

DSC_0447_Small.jpg

DSC_0448_Small.jpg

LED are 18 to 24. Cfls close as you can get without burning them. Most time 6 to 8 inches. The big gas bulbs and halos are 24 or more, depends on air flow. I think. Don't hold it all to me

Not all LEDs are created equal. The 18 to 24 I believe is more for the 3w. I could be wrong, wouldnt be the first time. But on their site it says
Hanging Distance:24" - 30" (60cm - 76cm) from the top of your canopy
I had mine at about 26" from the top and it was still bothering the ladies. Its now at 30 - 31 and it looks like it could still go a little higher. I may raise to 34" tonight.
Either way, just keep raising your light slightly until the problem goes away.
whats going on with the plants to the left. Are those the one your moving or are they being punished for something. JK
Looking good bro. I like the solo set up with the CFLs

That strain got some sativa dominate leaves .I have a mars 600 watt 5 w and I keep it 24" -36" with out any problems during my grow with it .during flower I can get it as close 16" without light burn .Your reflector panel is stronger then my light so any thing 30" or above be good idea for now.

24"-36" sound bout right. Especially with the 5w. I was browsing lights yesterday and seen a 10w. But was way out of my and normal peoples price range.

Couple questions. (hopefully without sounding to stupid lol)
1st. Please explain the reflector panel is stronger part. How and why is his stronger and what exactly does it do?
2nd. Is it better to have the light closer in flower and why will not burn. Im still in the process of trying to figure out how high I want to let my grow get. I can only raise my light so High. High enough I think for lsting and scrogging but I want to make sure I dont end up with my light too close and no more room to raise it. I also Have the reflector series by the way.

Not all LEDs are created equal. The 18 to 24 I believe is more for the 3w. I could be wrong, wouldnt be the first time. But on their site it says
Hanging Distance:24" - 30" (60cm - 76cm) from the top of your canopy
I had mine at about 26" from the top and it was still bothering the ladies. Its now at 30 - 31 and it looks like it could still go a little higher. I may raise to 34" tonight.
Either way, just keep raising your light slightly until the problem goes away.
whats going on with the plants to the left. Are those the one your moving or are they being punished for something. JK
Looking good bro. I like the solo set up with the CFLs

All the ones to the left in the 5 gallon bucket are clones that I did the other day. They're in here because its pretty humid right now and the light is currently on 24/0. The larger one that you see is what two of the clones came off of, still haven't decided what to do with it. I really don't have any spot to put it for flowering unfortunately. :(

Keep it as a mother and keep pulling clones off of it. Iv never cloned so I dont have alot of experience there.

That's one thing I have yet to figure out, how to successfully keep and maintain a mother, lol. Cloning in itself is really pretty simple though, just depends on how you want to do it :) Basically all I do is cut off what looks like it would be a good clone, then stick it in a cup of water. After I have all the clones I want, I gather my shears, clone "goo", rockwool cubes, and toothpicks. I cut the end of the stem at an angle and scrape off the outer layer, dunk it into the "goo", then straight into the rockwool cube. I feel like I might do a little cloning "thing" of how I do my clone because I'll be honest, I'm lazy when it comes to cloning. I have a couple clones I need to take in the next few days so I'll probably do it then. I'll be sure to post a link in here when I do :thumb:

Hey everyone, I took some updated pics of the clones and they have already started to spring back up. Second Pic is another top that I bent earlier, shouldn't take too long for it to perk back up. The third is just showing the crazy growth after the first top I bent as part of the HST to get the plants weaved into the ScrOG net.

DSC_0449_Small.jpg

DSC_0450_Small.jpg

DSC_0451_Small.jpg

Looking good. Now do me a favor since you got better results on your clones. Detail a post and pictures where you cut. And what you did in detail. So others can see and follow.

Back
Top Bottom