New Light - New Grow - ScrOG 4 Plants - 480W LED - Hydro

I have read several people do the 24 hr darkness before flower. I havent really got into putting in good research toward it yet. Im assuming its to help transition the plant to flower stage? Is this common practice that you know of? I am going to make the switch I believe Sunday night. I might do the 24 hrs thing also. Idk yet, I need to put in the research. lol. I had a few plans when I started. Alot of which i didnt stick to. I should Have put them in a different order. Right now its LS LS MM MM. And the Money Makers arent big stretchers so I was going to put it LS MM LS MM. Im not even sure if that would do anything but in my head it gives the LS more room to stretch. Anyway, as far as the spacing. Im not sure why I did 3. It came from somewhere. It was between 2.5 and 3. I think the purpose is to make sure the buds have room. There are different types of Scrogging. 1 is more of a skeleton structure, where most of the plant is above the screen.
The other is more (from what I read) of a scrog. Where you keep the screen real low. And continue tucking until stretch is completely over. Almost all the plant is below the screen. Only the actually buds are allowed to rise thru the screen. Allowing the lower bud sites on the branch that would normally be small popcorn buds or be defoliated, to rise up equally with the top part.
At least that what I have read. Made sense to me so I ran with it. But that actually has nothing to do the the size of the square. lol I guess I just wanted to make sure that if somehow I was lucky enough for one of them to give me coke can size buds, there was enough room. What made you go with 2 inches? I hope 3 works. I do not want to do it again. lol.
As far as my burn...IKD either. I think it may have something to do with me letting them sit in the run off. But it could be any number of things. I wish I could figure out what done it, so I will know in the future. Its hard to learn a lesson when you never find out the answer.
I should really try some cloning. But honestly I just want to get a couple of grows under my belt. Then maybe I can start a cloning station with some confidence. I read somewhere that cloning from a fem seed Its possible it can be fine but will likely spawn a hermy.
Do you know anything about that? I have a pack of afgan reg seed that came as freebies. I figure I would use those if I ever tried cloning. But If I can get them from a Fem seed that would be great. Id rather not spend my time growing with reg seeds and waste time growing a male. Iv done several outdoor gorilla grows/ stealth grows. Always up till last year used bag seeds. So half or so would always end up male. Alot of work to put into a plant that will end up just getting chopped.
Anyway sorry for Rambling. Im out :allgood:

Not really much besides pics this update, I'll have more info in the next day or so. Also in the last pic of the clone roots, you can see they have all finally rooted. That gives me a 100% success rate with them so far! :)

Oh oh, I almost forgot to make mention of the awesome reflector I made with aluminum foil, bendy straws, and duct tape.

DSC_0493_Small1.jpg
DSC_0494_Small1.jpg
DSC_0495_Small1.jpg
DSC_0496_Small1.jpg
DSC_0497_Small1.jpg
DSC_0498_Small1.jpg
DSC_0499_Small1.jpg
DSC_0500_Small1.jpg
DSC_0501_Small1.jpg
DSC_0502_Small1.jpg
DSC_0504_Small1.jpg
DSC_0505_Small1.jpg
DSC_0506_Small1.jpg
DSC_0507_Small.jpg
DSC_0508_Small.jpg
DSC_0509_Small.jpg
DSC_0510_Small.jpg
DSC_0511_Small.jpg
DSC_0512_Small.jpg
DSC_0513_Small.jpg
DSC_0514_Small.jpg
DSC_0515_Small.jpg
DSC_0516_Small.jpg
DSC_0517_Small.jpg
DSC_0518_Small.jpg
DSC_0519_Small.jpg
DSC_0520_Small.jpg
DSC_0521_Small.jpg
DSC_0522_Small.jpg
DSC_0523_Small.jpg

I have read several people do the 24 hr darkness before flower. I havent really got into putting in good research toward it yet. Im assuming its to help transition the plant to flower stage? Is this common practice that you know of? I am going to make the switch I believe Sunday night. I might do the 24 hrs thing also. Idk yet, I need to put in the research. lol. I had a few plans when I started. Alot of which i didnt stick to. I should Have put them in a different order. Right now its LS LS MM MM. And the Money Makers arent big stretchers so I was going to put it LS MM LS MM. Im not even sure if that would do anything but in my head it gives the LS more room to stretch. Anyway, as far as the spacing. Im not sure why I did 3. It came from somewhere. It was between 2.5 and 3. I think the purpose is to make sure the buds have room. There are different types of Scrogging. 1 is more of a skeleton structure, where most of the plant is above the screen.
The other is more (from what I read) of a scrog. Where you keep the screen real low. And continue tucking until stretch is completely over. Almost all the plant is below the screen. Only the actually buds are allowed to rise thru the screen. Allowing the lower bud sites on the branch that would normally be small popcorn buds or be defoliated, to rise up equally with the top part.
At least that what I have read. Made sense to me so I ran with it. But that actually has nothing to do the the size of the square. lol I guess I just wanted to make sure that if somehow I was lucky enough for one of them to give me coke can size buds, there was enough room. What made you go with 2 inches? I hope 3 works. I do not want to do it again. lol.
As far as my burn...IKD either. I think it may have something to do with me letting them sit in the run off. But it could be any number of things. I wish I could figure out what done it, so I will know in the future. Its hard to learn a lesson when you never find out the answer.
I should really try some cloning. But honestly I just want to get a couple of grows under my belt. Then maybe I can start a cloning station with some confidence. I read somewhere that cloning from a fem seed Its possible it can be fine but will likely spawn a hermy.
Do you know anything about that? I have a pack of afgan reg seed that came as freebies. I figure I would use those if I ever tried cloning. But If I can get them from a Fem seed that would be great. Id rather not spend my time growing with reg seeds and waste time growing a male. Iv done several outdoor gorilla grows/ stealth grows. Always up till last year used bag seeds. So half or so would always end up male. Alot of work to put into a plant that will end up just getting chopped.
Anyway sorry for Rambling. Im out :allgood:

I can't say anything definitive about it but from what I know it is suppose to help jump start the ladies into flower. I view it as the plant definitely knows it's dark instead of it being a maybe thing. I don't remember hearing anything about clones from fem seeds herming but I'll have to look into it.

They say aluminum foil creates hot a pots and will burn plants. I'd be careful bro. I'm subscribed can't wait! !!

I have heard that before but I think it is more of a concern with the shiny side of the foil as how its used. I put the shiny side facing out and also made sure the inside was wrinkled everywhere. I did it that way in an effort to reflect the light back in tiny rays and hopefully not burn the plants. I also put vent holes in the top which won't change the hot spots or light burns but it will vent the heat from the CFL's. Only time will tell how it does for the ladies underneath it.

I can't say anything definitive about it but from what I know it is suppose to help jump start the ladies into flower. I view it as the plant definitely knows it's dark instead of it being a maybe thing. I don't remember hearing anything about clones from fem seeds herming but I'll have to look into it.

I read into it a little. Something about at night the hormones that trigger flower rise. When those hormones reach a certain level, The plant goes into flower mode. The theory is that letting it sit in darkness for 24 hrs will allow the plant to develop more of these hormones and in turn will flower faster and better. IDK if any of thats true lol. People seem pretty divided on the thought. Personally. I am going to go 21 hrs only because I want my lights to run 10 AM to 10PM. So i have time to do what I need to do with them. And the only way I can think of to give it 12 hrs of darkness and still hit that time slot is to either leave light on an extra 9 hours to 10 pm. then turn back on 10 am, But I feel like that would be more of a shock, to have lights on over 24 hrs right before switch having never seen 24 hrs of light. OR leave dark for 21 hrs. Then start schedule.

I read into it a little. Something about at night the hormones that trigger flower rise. When those hormones reach a certain level, The plant goes into flower mode. The theory is that letting it sit in darkness for 24 hrs will allow the plant to develop more of these hormones and in turn will flower faster and better. IDK if any of thats true lol. People seem pretty divided on the thought. Personally. I am going to go 21 hrs only because I want my lights to run 10 AM to 10PM. So i have time to do what I need to do with them. And the only way I can think of to give it 12 hrs of darkness and still hit that time slot is to either leave light on an extra 9 hours to 10 pm. then turn back on 10 am, But I feel like that would be more of a shock, to have lights on over 24 hrs right before switch having never seen 24 hrs of light. OR leave dark for 21 hrs. Then start schedule.

Sounds about right, I couldn't remember exactly what it was besides it starts about 2hrs after lights out. I would definitely do the 21hr dark period vs the extra 9 hrs, I would see it as doing the reverse of what we're wanting to do.

Updates:

3/4/2016
Readings in the main room: 75 degrees, 60% Humidity
ScrOG Basin: 5.9pH, 1020PPM Canna Substra Vega A+B
Clone Basin:7.1pH, 565PPM Canna Substra Vega A+B
Flowering Clone Basin:6.8pH, 1000PPM Canna Substra Flores A+B

3/6/2016
Readings in the main room: 77 degrees, 58% Humidity
ScrOG Basin: 6.4pH, 733PPM Canna Substra Vega A+B
Clone Basin:7.2pH, 584PPM Canna Substra Vega A+B
Flowering Clone Basin:7.4pH, 664PPM Canna Substra Flores A+B

DSC_0524_Small.jpg

DSC_0525_Small.jpg

DSC_0526_Small.jpg

DSC_0527_Small.jpg

DSC_0528_Small.jpg

DSC_0529_Small.jpg

DSC_0530_Small.jpg

DSC_0532_Small.jpg

DSC_0531_Small.jpg

DSC_0533_Small.jpg

DSC_0534_Small.jpg

Updates:
I'll have some readings later on today from last night but here are some pics and a couple vids, enjoy!

Readings in the main room: 76 degrees, 61.5% Humidity
ScrOG Basin: 6.2pH, 1000PPM Canna Substra Vega A+B and Flores A+B
Clone Basin:7.0pH, 633PPM Canna Substra Vega A+B
Flowering Clone Basin:6.6pH, 1000PPM Canna Substra Flores A+B

DSC_0438_Small2.jpg

DSC_0439_Small2.jpg

DSC_0440_Small2.jpg

DSC_0441_Small2.jpg

DSC_0442_Small2.jpg

[video]
DSC_0443_Small2.jpg

DSC_0444_Small2.jpg

DSC_0445_Small2.jpg

DSC_0446_Small3.jpg

DSC_0447_Small2.jpg

DSC_0448_Small2.jpg

DSC_0449_Small2.jpg

DSC_0450_Small2.jpg

DSC_0451_Small2.jpg

DSC_0452_Small1.jpg

DSC_0453_Small2.jpg

DSC_0454_Small1.jpg

DSC_0456_Small2.jpg

DSC_0458_Small2.jpg

[video]

Update:

Everything is looking fantastic from my view, only thing I've really done lately is keep tucking and weaving as it stretches. Not really much else going on, though it's getting to the time where I have to decide what I'm going to do with my current clones. They are starting to get too big for my liking since I really have no where to put them for flowering. That being said, I certainly would like to come up with something in the next few weeks so that I can get back into having perpetual harvest again. Any-who, here's the pics!

Readings in the main room: 76 degrees, 57% Humidity
ScrOG Basin: 5.8pH, 1030PPM Canna Substra Vega A+B and Flores A+B
Clone Basin:6.9pH, 633PPM Canna Substra Vega A+B
Flowering Clone Basin:6.3pH, 1040PPM Canna Substra Flores A+B

DSC_0460_Small1.jpg

DSC_0461_Small3.jpg

DSC_0462_Small3.jpg

DSC_0463_Small2.jpg

DSC_0464_Small2.jpg

DSC_0465_Small2.jpg

DSC_0466_Small1.jpg

DSC_0467_Small1.jpg

DSC_0468_Small2.jpg

DSC_0469_Small2.jpg

DSC_0470_Small2.jpg

DSC_0471_Small2.jpg

DSC_0472_Small2.jpg

DSC_0473_Small2.jpg

DSC_0474_Small2.jpg

Update:
So its been a few days, I figured it'd be a good time for an update. Everything has been pretty steady growing so far, no problems to speak of. Finally starting to see bud formation and they're looking amazing! I haven't done anything to it in the past few days so I did need to weave in a few places. I'm hoping this will be the last time I have to really touch it as far as LST/HST is concerned. Let me know what y'all think!

Readings in the main room: 76 degrees, 54% Humidity
ScrOG Basin: 6.1pH, 846PPM Canna Substra Vega A+B and Flores A+B
Clone Basin:6.4pH, 633PPM Canna Substra Vega A+B
Flowering Clone Basin:6.0pH, 664PPM Canna Substra Flores A+B

DSC_0476_Small2.jpg

DSC_0477_Small2.jpg

DSC_0478_Small2.jpg

DSC_0479_Small2.jpg

DSC_0480_Small2.jpg

DSC_0481_Small2.jpg

DSC_0482_Small2.jpg

DSC_0483_Small2.jpg

DSC_0484_Small2.jpg

DSC_0485_Small1.jpg

DSC_0486_Small1.jpg

DSC_0487_Small2.jpg

DSC_0488_Small1.jpg

DSC_0489_Small1.jpg

DSC_0490_Small2.jpg

DSC_0491_Small2.jpg

DSC_0492_Small1.jpg

::Forgot to post this two days ago::

Updates:
Ok folks, I've got a few questions for everyone about the ladies. I'm wondering first off if I let them grow out too much before flipping. I've got so many sugar leaves on this screen I'm worried about buds being covered up. I've already done a defol last week and took off about 1/3 the leaves off. Feeling like I'll need to do another in the coming weeks. Second is, if I do another defol on the screen, when should I do it and how much should I do? And lastly, I'm a little worried about how stretched out the fan leaves are on some of the main buds, which is also the other reason I'm thinking another defol is in order. I did have to add some water to the single lady in the bucket because the ppm was getting way to concentrated. I included before and after reading, and the reason I let the pH fluctuate like it does is to cover the different ranges of nutrient uptake. Oh, and I also changed up the nutes from Substra to Aqua Flores after reading some info on the two. Canna says the Aqua nutes don't leave as much behind when flushing the crop and its suppose to balance the pH better. Other than that, we're starting to get great growth and bunches of trichomes towards the top. I'm excited and can't wait to see how all this turns out and final weight. Please let me know any suggestions or help you may be able offer!

Readings in the main room: 77 degrees, 60% Humidity
ScrOG Basin: 5.6pH, 1160PPM Canna Aqua Flores A+B
Clone Basin: N/A pH, N/A PPM Canna Substra Vega A+B
Flowering Clone Basin:
Before water added - 5.3pH, 2200PPM Canna Aqua Flores A+B​
After water added - 6.7pH, 986PPM Canna Aqua Flores A+B​
DSC_0493_Small_4_.jpg
DSC_0494_Small_4_.jpg
DSC_0495_Small_4_.jpg
DSC_0496_Small_4_.jpg
DSC_0497_Small_4_.jpg
DSC_0498_Small_4_.jpg
DSC_0499_Small_4_.jpg
DSC_0500_Small_4_.jpg
DSC_0501_Small_4_.jpg
DSC_0502_Small_3_.jpg
DSC_0503_Small_4_.jpg

Here's one of the clones that was growing out of control in the cloning area. I stripped everything down except for the top most leaves and bud sites. I'll probably end up trimming more off but wanted to give it some time to adjust to the switch. I'm basically doing this to see what bud size would be with just the main cola growing.
DSC_0504_Small_4_.jpg
DSC_0505_Small_3_.jpg
DSC_0506_Small_3_.jpg
DSC_0507_Small_2_.jpg
DSC_0508_Small_2_.jpg

Finally, an overall shot of the girls in the flower room
DSC_0509_Small_2_.jpg

Everything is looking great bro. As far as the defo goes...IDK. My money makers look like that also. Very compact and thick. I wouldnt even know where to start. I have just been trying to tuck most leafs that are blocking. I have been doing some defo tho. Just a little every day. I will watch and see what you do. :)

Everything is looking great bro. As far as the defo goes...IDK. My money makers look like that also. Very compact and thick. I wouldnt even know where to start. I have just been trying to tuck most leafs that are blocking. I have been doing some defo tho. Just a little every day. I will watch and see what you do. :)

Yah Man, I decided to do a thorough defol to bring out more of the buds to have some light. I like to do mine as infrequently as possible with taking off all I think is needed for that given time. I've heard constant defol is bad for big/fast growth but I don't quite remember right now :blunt:

I do have some "updated" pics from a few days ago that I'm just getting the chance to upload. Let me know what y'all think, I'm doing a water change tomorrow and refilling to the same pH and PPM levels and also adding Advanced Nutrients "Big Bud" as well. I'll be back with new pics tomorrow as well as readings and dosages.

DSC_0438_Small_5_.jpg
DSC_0439_Small_6_.jpg
DSC_0440_Small_6_.jpg
DSC_0441_Small_5_.jpg
DSC_0442_Small_6_.jpg
DSC_0443_Small_6_.jpg
DSC_0450_Small_5_.jpg
DSC_0449_Small_6_.jpg
DSC_0448_Small_6_.jpg
DSC_0447_Small_5_.jpg
DSC_0451_Small_6_.jpg
DSC_0445_Small_5_.jpg