New light

Mrinterlock

Just ordered the aglex 2000 and wanted to get a few opinions on the light and how well it may perform in veg & if it would be sufficient for flowering. Thanks.

Hiya @Mrinterlock , your name brings back fond (not) memories! ;) That light pulls 408w at the wall, and they claim it will cover 5'x5' as "supplimental lighting" but I'd guess you'd get the most mileage out of it in a 4'x4' tops.

There's a ongoing discussion around here about how lights perform, are they worth it, quantum v blurple v HPS, yadda yadda yadda...what people aren't really considering is there is SO MUCH MORE involved in this process. People think if they spend lots of money on fancy light they are guaranteed big happy plants and vast output. It's just not just pop a seed in the dirt and get ready to smoke!

The most expensive, powerful, efficient light in the world is constrained by shitty genetics and bad growing habits.

With that said, as long as you don't fall into the "that's a Amazon piece of shit blurple" trap that people are going to set in front of you...you are going to love that light, and it will be fine in both veg and flower! CHeers mate, keep us posted! :yahoo:

Thanks Pbass, I’ve been using 315 cmh for flowering and getting great results, but with summer around the corner, as well I wanted to up my game in veg a bit I had thought this light would be the perfect fit. I’m running 2 5*5 & 1 4*8 so my thinking was keeping the bigger one running my 315,s and slap these in the 5*5 to keep 2 flowering at alternate times. My goal is to never ever run out of smokable again loll I hate it when im almost done to my last few g,s and knowing I still got a week or so to dry

We better leave it at that! If we talk about it too much longer it is a certainty someone will come along and tell us you should have bought a QB. ;)

I had went and purchased the dbl ended 315 & was really excited up until I couldn’t get a handle on the temps, so I pulled it out and opted to go for these. I’m not one to yaddad yadda this or that, I tend to go to the specs and take a good look at the foot print your looking to cover along with the par value your plants will get. I use t5 before slapping them under bigger light.

I want to try a big bulb light, I'm watching the used market. I'm not worried about heat...I've just enacted the emminent domain rule in the basement which stays quite cool and I imagine will eat up that extra heat just fine. I want to find out!

Seems to me if you really want to grow cost efficient weed, used is where the savings is in whatever equipment you need. People off fine stuff for "better" all the time!

Also, if 95% costs me $100 and 100% costs me 1000 I'm gonna take the yield hit. I just grow more plants!

Biggest light I've used to date was the 600 hps with fantastic results. Living on a limited income and trying to keep myself in steady supply is essential to my well being. With that said I dont care to grow a big crop & smoke the same shit until santa comes around again if yah get me.. so I prefer smaller crops 6 to 8 & veg for 8weeks.

If you are flipping your tent 3 times a year, you shouldn't need to stuff it very full for smoke just for you. With what you are going to save on energy and the great results you are going to get (because you are a great grower, not because of the light) I anticipate you are going to love your new purchase! Make sure to let us know would you?

That's the ticket, the ladies need a bit of room to grow :yummy: I think I'm going on my 18th different strain right now and I've got my honey list getting shorter.
My favorite the past few months was purple Romulan :hookah:

I'd go with the QB boards!!! :rofl:
Loveit! Thanks Scott. That light pulls 408w at the wall for $239. You'd be hard pressed to beat the cost/watt ratio with a qb from any of the big manufacturers. But you're room will look pretty.

I love my VP Par450. I certainly wouldn't pay the asking price for a new one but I think its way better than just ok. My results have been steadily increasing under it based on my skills improving, not because it got stronger. I'm not disputing there is "new improved" tech out there that will improve yields, and I will get them as I can also...but it's pretty easy to find out what the parts they are using cost and what their markup is, so I'm not in any big rush. The best roi right now is in used blurples. Many people seem to have to have the latest and greatest, so they off their last years latest and greatest for pennies on the dollar.

A closer look at that manufacturer's offerings leads me to believe they could probably drop ship their lights from China and still deposit a hefty markup in their bank account. Also, look at their pictures, they turn their drivers upside down. Why is that? I can tell you if you really want to know. I'm not knocking someone trying to make a buck, but I'd guess theres not alot of R&D going on there.

PB, I totally get what you're saying, but I wanna support them because they (Budget LED) are owned/run by veterans. I'm a 100% disabled vet and I like to support my brothers. ALSO it's a company that is IN AMERICA and employs american workers. I'm willing to suck up a little extra overhead to support our own US based businesses. They still have a better price point than a lot of companies making QB's too. I'll definitely be getting them as soon as other issues stop popping up.

Right on Scott, thank you and them for your service to our country! I agree with your sentiment entirely, however I am often constrained by my own finances which forces me to be as efficient as I can be.

Again I don't want to knock any of our fine sponsors, but I'm also not one to pull my punches. That's a big markup. And they aren't making them. Possibly assembling.

My current lights in the 4 x 8 are three of the Viparspectra 900 reflector series. They have performed very well for me so far, so until I can swing those QB's, I still have some pretty decent lights. I have also noticed my yields going up as I improve my own gardening skills, so you aren't alone there PB. @Mrinterlock , do you have a link to that light you bought? I'd really like to check it out. It actually draws more juice than my lights do... My lights only pull 390 from the wall.

Back
Top Bottom