New Lighting Help

Noraad

420 Member
Hey, everyone.

Right now I'm running a 150w HPS Sunsystem plug-and-play type light in a 2x2x3 grow box I made. I recently bought a 2x2x4 grow tent, should be arriving in a couple of days. I was thinking of upgrading my lights, and the guy at the hydro store said a 600w switchable MH/HPS w/ a dimmer would be a good option for that size of tent. I got the 2x2x4 tent due to space restrictions at the moment, and it was relatively cheap, but soon I will be in a new place and I have a 5x5x7 waiting there for me. Would the 600w work in the 5x5x7 as well, or would I need to upgrade again?

So, what I'm asking is, do you think that going with the 600w would be a good idea, or are there any other suggestions from other members out there? I'm not really interested in LED lighting either.

Thanks in advance ;)

Hey, everyone.

Right now I'm running a 150w HPS Sunsystem plug-and-play type light in a 2x2x3 grow box I made. I recently bought a 2x2x4 grow tent, should be arriving in a couple of days. I was thinking of upgrading my lights, and the guy at the hydro store said a 600w switchable MH/HPS w/ a dimmer would be a good option for that size of tent. I got the 2x2x4 tent due to space restrictions at the moment, and it was relatively cheap, but soon I will be in a new place and I have a 5x5x7 waiting there for me. Would the 600w work in the 5x5x7 as well, or would I need to upgrade again?

So, what I'm asking is, do you think that going with the 600w would be a good idea, or are there any other suggestions from other members out there? I'm not really interested in LED lighting either.

Thanks in advance ;)
I love my hps I have some much light from hps mh led I always use hps cheap to buy and give a ton of light off and if temps are bad cool tube reflectors are like 30 pound
See how my hps is on but all 4 leds are off yes is the answer to your question
e6061a0ebb496e7a303ba0f45b2523d2.jpg

I love my hps I have some much light from hps mh led I always use hps cheap to buy and give a ton of light off and if temps are bad cool tube reflectors are like 30 pound
See how my hps is on but all 4 leds are off yes is the answer to your question
e6061a0ebb496e7a303ba0f45b2523d2.jpg

I went ahead with the 600w, now I'll just have to find some sort of ventilation hood or cool-tube because even at 50% power that thing gets HOT for the space I'm growing in.

I use sunsystem air cooled hood and 6" ducting with 8"fan speed controller to dial down and save electricity and sound

Back
Top Bottom