New medicinal grower

Yes these indica dominate plants look like cabbage early in veg but they will open up and start stretching their colas when they're ready. Just let them grow out for awhile.

Wait until 21 days into flower before you prune them. The tops aren't making food only the fans make food so the tops will grow even if it's shaded.

15440358368329002760260151449744.jpg
15440358368329002760260151449744.jpg
15440358740845405335667721020346.jpg

Attachments

• 15440359436062386133802000528982.jpg
    15440359436062386133802000528982.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 15
This occured overnight wtf i cant get this right. Any help diagnosing this would be greatly appreciated. She is 1week into flowering.

And has anyone used fox farm ocean or happy frog? Any good or garbage?
Ocean Forest is one of the best soils going... its not the soil... it is you. Happy Frog is only for rooting new plants and if you are using it in flower or mixing it with FFOF, there will problems. Get that pH to 6.3 on every fluid that hits the plant, don't trust that cheap meter to tell you the correct soil pH, and get some calmag+ to add every time you water up until the last two weeks of flower. Stop worrying about the pH of your soil, despite what the online gurus are telling you, just worry about the pH of the fluids you apply and let the soil do its thing.
You are now having the start of a magnesium deficiency and without additives, it will only get worse. Use the lift method to determine when to water, or trust that meter to show you only where the wet/dry line is in that container. Don't water until it is in the last inch.

Ocean Forest is one of the best soils going... its not the soil... it is you. Happy Frog is only for rooting new plants and if you are using it in flower or mixing it with FFOF, there will problems. Get that pH to 6.3 on every fluid that hits the plant, don't trust that cheap meter to tell you the correct soil pH, and get some calmag+ to add every time you water up until the last two weeks of flower. Stop worrying about the pH of your soil, despite what the online gurus are telling you, just worry about the pH of the fluids you apply and let the soil do its thing.
You are now having the start of a magnesium deficiency and without additives, it will only get worse. Use the lift method to determine when to water, or trust that meter to show you only where the wet/dry line is in that container. Don't water until it is in the last inch.
Ok ty very much for the schooling. But just out of curiosity why isnt the other acting the same way? And i usually do the lift test when they feel light i water. Im not using either of those soils but i should have gotten the ocean forest. Next round im changing that. I appreciate you answering my questions

Sometimes you never know why one plant will act up and another doesn't. It can be in the way the soil is packed into the container, the location in the tent, specific requirements of one strain vs another... I am always very perplexed when this happens.
Has me stumped. Lol. But ty for the input. Been a few since ive done this but its like riding a bike. Things are starting to come back that i remember each time i get input.

Every plant ends up being a law unto itself, I would recommend a cheap amazon ph meter for testing your water/feed going in. It really is that important.

Back
Top Bottom