New member and new grower needing advice!

BullyMason

6.5 ph
653 ppm
3tps Dyna-grow
Water temp 72
Just recently started my first grow DWC 900w LED 5 gAllon bucket.

6.5 ph
653 ppm
3tps Dyna-grow
Water temp 72

Today is day 6 from seed its standing nice and tall with 4 small leaves. 2 of which today have turned yellow and im not sure as to why? Please help this ismy trail and error fave the seed isnt anything specialjust want to get it right before trying anything else.

OK saw your other post. Optimum ph in dwc is 5.8. You didn't say what your waters starting ppm was, so assuming 0 then 653ppm is way hot for seedlings. 72 deg is also too warm for dwc unless you are supplementing with a tea or commercial product like Hydroguard to avoid rot root.

Edit: photos speak volumes

What would u recommend a good ppm and temp to be for seedling? And should i make the adjustments now or wait till routine change in 5 days?

If your two round leaves have yellowed and fallen off, and you only have the first two serrated leaves and they are showing any damage I would do a water change and get the ppm down to a 250-300 level max, assuming a starting point of zero. Reservoir temperature of 68deg would be good, but often impractical with the light generated heat. I use Hydroguard myself, cheaper and easier than trying to lower the res temps.

Re: New member and New Grower! Needing advice?

Well 1st thing I see is your PH is to high.. you would do better using 5.8 for hydro
but other then that welcome to 420

Oh and if you can it would be helpful if you can post a picture since it is worth a 1.000 words

Oh and for the recorded I learned the PH from Rifleman, gee go figure:thumb:

Im working on trying to figure out how to load my picture.

Im starting clean with water from the sink and before ive added anything

Ppm is 480
Ph 8.5
Temp 80

So basically a ppm of nutrients of 173ppm. I wouldn't think that would be too much nutrient but it could be. I'll wait on your photos. There are more than a few things that could be going on, but without something to really look at it's all a stab in the dark.

1448418086582-681045182.jpg

You should have more growing media in the basket. That way the roots have an oxygen rich environment to spread. From what little the photo shows me I would guess you have the solution level nearly up to where your seed was and you do not have a root network to support the growth. I could be wrong but a better photo or more info will be needed. Maybe another hydro grower will chime in and give their two cents worth soon.

Edit: I'm a slow typer so you got the second photo up as i typed my reply. The starter cube looks awfully wet. Is it? I fill my basket with the hydroton and place the starter cubes about 3" above the solution level. (midway on my 6" deep basket )I just let the solution touch the bottom of the basket and aerate from below. Once the roots grow through the hydroton to the solution, I lower the level of the solution. Your roots must get oxygen.

I'll gladly send more pics just let me know more specifically what your needing to see. I don't want to lose it if I can fix the problem now.

Back
Top Bottom