New member, first grow just initialized

incogn1to

Hi All!

Been lurking for a while. I initially found this site when looking for recommendations on a 4x4 tent setup. I found a really informative long running thread regarding 4x4 tents, and that led me down the rabbit hole of journals, advice, reviews, etc.

My interest in growing started after getting into pressing rosin. I figured if I can control the input, I would get a better output. So that has led me down this path. I've only just got my first grow started. It's off to a bit of a rocky start, as I've outlined in this post.

I'm looking forward to contributing more, mostly through starting a journal. I doubt I'll have much if any advice to share, as I'm new to this, but maybe one day!

A bit about my setup
  • Secret Jardin DS120 (revision 4) 4x4x6.5 tent
  • Optic 4 LED (400w)
  • AC Infinity T6 350 CFM fan
  • Aux fan for interior circulation
  • Humidifier (as needed)
  • 2x wifi cameras for monitoring tent interior and fan controller
  • Canna coco and pearlite medium
  • 3gal fabric pots sitting on risers, inside saucers
  • Canna A/B, cal-mag plus

Welcome to 420 Magazine.
I have one of those Secret Jardin DS120 tents as well. They aren't bad. I overpaid but the quality is decent for sure.
I have to ask. How do you like the AC Infinity T6? I have been on the fence for a couple months now and can't quite pull the trigger. Is the smart control pad worth the extra? Thanks.

@Backlipslide, @Greenlizard Thanks for the welcome!

@Greenlizard For sure, It's an interesting design, what with the flanges you can position anywhere you want. It was a bit daunting to be cutting holes in the tent, but they made it pretty easy. I like not having a bunch of extra unused inlets/outlets.

As for the T6, I don't know if the smart controller is worth the extra money. I had the upper and lower temp limits set while I was test running the tent, and once it hits one of the limits, it ramps up the fan to whatever you set as the max speed, and then backs off as soon as it's ±2° from the limit, then slowly ramps back down. It's constantly ramping up and down and I didn't really like that, so I've just got it on a constant setting which keeps the environment steady. Maybe I just need to play with the settings to find the sweet spot, but it's working well right now set to a constant 3 (of 10). I will say it's nice to have the temp and humidity displayed outside the tent (I have a wifi cam set up to monitor), so for that reason, I'm not really that upset I spent the extra money. BTW, nice to see a fellow Canuk here!

Welcome to 420 Magazine.
I have one of those Secret Jardin DS120 tents as well. They aren't bad. I overpaid but the quality is decent for sure.
I have to ask. How do you like the AC Infinity T6? I have been on the fence for a couple months now and can't quite pull the trigger. Is the smart control pad worth the extra? Thanks.
I cheaped out and bought a yield labs 4x4 from growace.com on last years black Friday. Cost was 90.00 and free shipping. I was worried about zipper quality as I read complaints about cheap tents but overall. I would buy again.

Back
Top Bottom