New member from the land down under

hydro91

Greetings 420 forums,

Haven't introduced myself yet so felt like it was necessary as members here so far have been extremely helpful and I intend on staying here long term because of the members and the information at my disposal.

I'm a 27 year old male from Australia, Very familiar with cannabis as I started expanding my knowledge on it as an adolescent and done my fair share of smoking when I was younger (Probably not the most intelligent of ideas to be smoking as an adolescent but I'm sure most of us have been there).

I still smoke from time to time but looking to find suitable strains/genetics to alleviate my mental health conditions and/or provide some relief.

I currently do voluntary work as a staff member for 2 of the worlds most known harm reduction organisations on the web but cannot mention for anonymity purposes. I've spent over 10 years in these positions and have studied neurotransmitters/substance interactions with the brain during that time.

I've always generally been surrounded by someone very close to me who's taught me everything I need to know regarding indoor and outdoor cannabis cultivation. I've grown several plants in the past before and each time the plant has been a very enjoyable smoke.

I'm a long term mental health suffer, I suffer from GAD, Agorphobia and Panic attacks. They've been a problem for the last 10 or so years as a result of a few negative incidents which have happened during my adolescence.

I've tried every form of treatment available with nothing being effective apart from a nasty pharmaceutical medication.

I was medicating with Xanax for approximately a year and a half to two years. As of just recently I've decided Xanax isn't a healthy option to be taking for my mental health conditions and I decided to taper off. It's been 2-3 months since my last benzodiazepine and I'm on the tail end of the withdrawals (They certainly do last for months on end).

What really opened my eyes with cannabis and it's medicinal value was the fact I was able to go cold turkey on benzodiazepines because I was consuming CBD oil after a recommendation from a close friend.

The CBD oil prevented all seizures that could have happened as a result of going cold turkey and prevented most of the nasty withdrawals, If some withdrawal symptoms didn't completely disappear it made them much easier to deal with and I'm very thankful of this.

As for my grow setup I currently have a 5x5 gorilla grow tent and all items I need to cultivate cannabis from seed to flower. My lighting setup consists of 4 viparspectra V600 LED's but after this next grow I'll be upgrading to black dog LED's.

I've taken it upon myself to cultivate my own as a lot of the cannabis around this way is poor quality and is what they call "PGR". Extremely unhealthy for the brain.

I've just picked up 5 different strains/genetics recently to grow which you can find below along with what medicinal purpose they're being used for.

~Indica's~

Granddaddy purple (Pain)
Northern lights (Insomnia)

~Sativa's~

Durban poison (Fatigue/Energy)
Sour diesel (Recreational)
Strawberry cough (Social anxiety/Anxiety)

It's great to be a part of the community and forum, Looking forwards to interacting with members here!

So far my experience here has been extremely positive and I'm always looking for constructive criticism or possibly even strain/genetic recommendation if anyone suffers from similar conditions I do or they know suitable strains/genetics I can look into.

Welcome 91. Glad to have you here. I’m gonna tag another member from your neck of the globe. @Amy Gardner is a staple here at 420 mag and very helpful to many members.

Welcome 91:welcome: This virtual hangout, home, garden, is going to be a good match for you, I can tell already. Glad you’ve found your way here.
And thanks for the shout out @Mr. Magoo :)
studied neurotransmitters/substance interactions with the brain during that time.
:reading420magazine:
5x5 gorilla grow tent

Ooh envy! I have a Gorilla and love it! 3’ x 3’ - 5x5 is roomy! :thumb:
Durban poison (Fatigue/Energy)
:high-five: I just ordered Durban Poison! I may not grow it till next summer now, but I’m very excited in advance. And seeing that you have it noted for fatigue and energy—that’s great, a have a super fatiguing condition. I chose the Durban for a daytime pain relief without the indica sedation :thumb: so knowing it will actually give energy is great.

information she has to offer
All sorts I’m sure! Lol :D and it’s obvious that many of us will benefit from your knowledge and experience too, and I look forward to it.

I recently had the pleasure of vaping some CBD Therapy (CBD Crew) and it was a brilliantly anxiety reducing few hits :), almost anxiety eliminating.

Thanks to what I’ve learnt here, I am having good success using infused oils (for pain, insomnia, PSTD, inflammation) and am getting close to being more adventurous with edibles. Members like @newty @SweetSue @InTheShed and @Preston9mm all post brilliant tutorials and documentations of their kitchen adventures, so are an excellent resource. Sue also runs some dedicated threads on making infused oils and another on dosing, where she is asking us all to contribute our own discoveries and dosing regimes/approaches. Preston has a dedicated cooking thread. Newty and Shed include their cooking in their perpetual journals.

Don’t be daunted stepping into long perpetual journals just right where they are up to. By all means look back a bit of you want to, but there’s no probs jumping in and you’ll catch-up to what’s going on in no time.

Nice to meet you :ciao: see you about the halls!
:Namaste:

Thanks for linking me in Amy and welcome to 420magazine H91! With your experience in benzo withdrawal and your knowledge of neurotransmitters and substance interactions, I hope you will find your way into (what I call) "the knowledge threads." (After all, once you're here, you are also at our disposal!) Most of them have been set up by SweetSue, our resident medical research guru/grower. In case there is any doubt in the weight SweetSue carries around here, check out her latest list of threads she maintains!

I was wondering, after experiencing first hand the wonders of CBD, that you have left a high CBD strain off your list. Even if you have moved off needing CBD (though it is supposed to be good for anxiety), having a CBD dominant strain allows you to include that component to anything else you have...to add to the pipe, joint, edible mix, or oil blend.

One well known CBD strain is Candida by Medical Marijuana Group (MMG). It's available from most seed sellers around the globe and is often abbreviated as CD-1. MMG has just come out with an even higher CBD strain called Master Hemp which is available as well. Just a thought.

Newty has become one of our resident edible makers and she is often posting tutorials in her thread. Here is the last one she posted.

And if edibles are your thing, I encourage you to join us at Preston9mm's cooking thread.

One last thing if I may...many of the journals here reach into the hundreds of pages (including mine). Please don't be intimidated by the volume. Just read page 1 and then a page or two back from the most recent posts to see if it's something you're interested in...and then stick your nose in to say hello. Everyone appreciates new members climbing on board even 420 pages in! The best way to enjoy this community is by spending time here and getting to know what is going on in the lives and grows of others. Just like real life!

Hi and welcome to 420 Magazine :hug:
In my signature down at the bottom, see SweetSue's Threads.. Full of links about Medicating and how's.

That thread is fantastic, It's an encyclopedia of cannabis information.

Thankyou so much.
Welcome 91:welcome: This virtual hangout, home, garden, is going to be a good match for you, I can tell already. Glad you’ve found your way here.
And thanks for the shout out @Mr. Magoo :)

:reading420magazine:

Ooh envy! I have a Gorilla and love it! 3’ x 3’ - 5x5 is roomy! :thumb:

:high-five: I just ordered Durban Poison! I may not grow it till next summer now, but I’m very excited in advance. And seeing that you have it noted for fatigue and energy—that’s great, a have a super fatiguing condition. I chose the Durban for a daytime pain relief without the indica sedation :thumb: so knowing it will actually give energy is great.

All sorts I’m sure! Lol :D and it’s obvious that many of us will benefit from your knowledge and experience too, and I look forward to it.

I recently had the pleasure of vaping some CBD Therapy (CBD Crew) and it was a brilliantly anxiety reducing few hits :), almost anxiety eliminating.

Thanks to what I’ve learnt here, I am having good success using infused oils (for pain, insomnia, PSTD, inflammation) and am getting close to being more adventurous with edibles. Members like @newty @SweetSue @InTheShed and @Preston9mm all post brilliant tutorials and documentations of their kitchen adventures, so are an excellent resource. Sue also runs some dedicated threads on making infused oils and another on dosing, where she is asking us all to contribute our own discoveries and dosing regimes/approaches. Preston has a dedicated cooking thread. Newty and Shed include their cooking in their perpetual journals.

Don’t be daunted stepping into long perpetual journals just right where they are up to. By all means look back a bit of you want to, but there’s no probs jumping in and you’ll catch-up to what’s going on in no time.

Nice to meet you :ciao: see you about the halls!

Thankyou for the warm welcome's, Everyone here on the forums has been extremely welcoming and friendly.

I wanted 4-5 decent sized plants so figured the 5x5 grow tent would suit my goals perfectly, Now I just face the problem of going organic or hydro. I'm honestly leaning towards organic because apparently the quality of the smoke is much better and seeing as how it's only for personal consumption it gives me another reason to want to go organic. :ganjamon:

I've sent everyone who's commented in this thread a follow so I can keep up with all their grows and information.

CBD oil was absolutely fantastic (I can only imagine vaping it is just as good) and it really did open my eyes to how therapeutic and what medicinal properties cannabis has to offer. I knew there was medicinal benefit but not to the extent I experienced.

Once my crop is ready I wouldn't mind buying a nice compact herbal vaporiser, I seen a pretty nice one when browsing the forum sponsors.

The cooking threads sound very interesting I'll be sure to check them out too.

As for the Durban poison, It's often referred to as the espresso of cannabis because it's similar to having a cup of coffee (Very stimulating).

Thanks for linking me in Amy and welcome to 420magazine H91! With your experience in benzo withdrawal and your knowledge of neurotransmitters and substance interactions, I hope you will find your way into (what I call) "the knowledge threads." (After all, once you're here, you are also at our disposal!) Most of them have been set up by SweetSue, our resident medical research guru/grower. In case there is any doubt in the weight SweetSue carries around here, check out her latest list of threads she maintains!

I was wondering, after experiencing first hand the wonders of CBD, that you have left a high CBD strain off your list. Even if you have moved off needing CBD (though it is supposed to be good for anxiety), having a CBD dominant strain allows you to include that component to anything else you have...to add to the pipe, joint, edible mix, or oil blend.

One well known CBD strain is Candida by Medical Marijuana Group (MMG). It's available from most seed sellers around the globe and is often abbreviated as CD-1. MMG has just come out with an even higher CBD strain called Master Hemp which is available as well. Just a thought.

Newty has become one of our resident edible makers and she is often posting tutorials in her thread. Here is the last one she posted.

And if edibles are your thing, I encourage you to join us at Preston9mm's cooking thread.

One last thing if I may...many of the journals here reach into the hundreds of pages (including mine). Please don't be intimidated by the volume. Just read page 1 and then a page or two back from the most recent posts to see if it's something you're interested in...and then stick your nose in to say hello. Everyone appreciates new members climbing on board even 420 pages in! The best way to enjoy this community is by spending time here and getting to know what is going on in the lives and grows of others. Just like real life!

Hey thanks for all the links InTheShed,

I'll be sure to check out the knowledge threads and try help where I can, I'm sure I'll be learning a lot more than teaching but I'll happily and gladly share my knowledge around helping the community where I can. :reading420magazine:

The edible threads are very interesting to say the least, Once I have some material to make something with I'll upload some pictures of my own.

I'm off CBD oil currently but I intend on taking it again for general well being and my immune system.

Those strains sound great and after my next grow I'll have to look into them further.

I have a few strains/genetics I ordered which contain medium to high amounts of cbd on their way but a little bit more in oil form couldn't hurt.

It definitely felt like I had more energy when taking the CBD and now that I'm off it my energy levels have declined noticeably.

The grows are what I'm most fascinated and interested in currently, I can't get enough of all the pictures!

Glad I found this forum it's great, So are the people here.

Back
Top Bottom