New Member & Grower - Am I Doing This Right? Trying To Maximize Yield

Nancy410

Looking for advice from Professional / Advanced Growers.

Still learning, only been growing a year or so. Yielding 3.5 - 4 oz per plant. Just making sure I'm doing this right or could I be tweaking my program for more yield.

Growing 3 plants total at a time - Now growing 2 Honey Badger Haze (Indica dominate), 1 Ghost Train Haze (Sativa dominate) in 2x4x7 Gorilla tent with Kind LED (600 watt) lights. 75 - 80 degrees regulated, Growing in 5 gal Fabric containers with Sunshine Mix #4 (Coco-Coir). RO water. Sensi Nutes (regular not Sensi Coco) 8 ML each - A, B, Voodoo Juice, B-52, Bud Ignitor, Big Bud, Overdrive, Bud factor X and Bud Candy. Watering EOD (Nute - Nute - PH'd Water). Keeping runoff around 800 - 1300ppm. Flush over 1300ppm down to 200ppm. "Water only" days run off around 400 -500ppm. Using SNS 209 (systemic) 3 times during veg for bug control. FIMMING and LOLLY-POPPING up to bloom. Removing 20% fan leaves end of week 2 Bloom and removing up to 80% fan leaves at end of Week 4 Bloom. PH'd Flushing week 8 on Indicas and week 10 on Sativas. I keep a close eye on the Trichomes and take plants down at 30% clear, 30% cloudy, 30% gold.

Plan on changing to Sensi Coco when my current nutes are used up. Getting some slight brown tips on leaves.

1. Does the above look right
2. Should i be adding Cal-Mag?
3. Appropriate Feed/Watering amount and schedule?
4. Should I be getting a bigger yield?
5. Fan Leaf removal appropriate?
6. Am I leaving something out?
7. Too much of anything?

Have a few good photos i haven't uploaded yet.

Thank you in advance for professional advise, Nancy and Walter.

re: New Member & Grower - Am I Doing This Right? Trying To Maximize Yield

I can't honestly say I've ever heard anyone complain about getting only 4 ounces off one plant in a 5 gallon container here. I think you may be ahead of the curve. On the other hand, I don't talk to the coco growers much and I'm coming from a soil perspective. But I'm tuning in out of interest 'cause I think I could learn a thing or two.

Noticed you FIM through bloom? Never heard of anyone doing that. Also do you defoliate your Sativas or just the Indicas? I remember reading that Indicas can increase yield from defoliation, I believe there's a thread about in the "Cultviation Science" section here.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry I wasn't clear about Fimming. I FIM only during veg (up "to bloom"). I started growing as a hobby (as i really don't smoke) but for my wife who substitutes Meds with Cannabis . I normally geek out on all my hobbies and learn as much as possible for maximum results. While researching, seems like I only find "yield per wattage" and not per plant. Seems like I should have bought a larger tent ; ) Thank you for the litmus of "4 oz, 1 plant, 5 gal" being ahead of the curve, I have/had nothing to compare to. I defoliate my Indacas and Sativas the same. Not sure if that's right, but seems to be working pretty well. I uploaded a photo (Snowy Trichomes everywhere) as my Avatar, but i dont see it above.

Are you in a 4x4 tent? Yeah I would love to see some pictures. I think there's a tutorial for uploading them somewhere near the top of the forum here, like there's something you need to enable first or something, but it's been so long...

I've heard of people getting 4 ounces per plant with deep water culture hydro and pretty powerful lights, but like I said I'm pretty use to soil so I don't know what kind of yields are more normal for that size pot with hydro or soillless like coco.

I've barely pushed 1.25 ounce per plant in 3 gallon pots with soil, and I am hoping to get to 2 ounce per plant in my 5 gallon buckets this time around. I think I've heard coco just lets the roots grow bigger so you might be right on par. I don't think I'd change what you're doing as far as nutrients and stuff is concerned if it's working for you. People chase that route trying to get more yield but I think it often messes more things up.

You could try some Co2 supplimentation or just good old more light. Also there's other training methods you could try like super cropping or scrogging.

Unfortunately i only have room for a 2x4x7 (tall) tent. I dont have 4x4, thats why I'm only growing 3 at a time (real crowded though). I also use "Roots Gold", which seems to do real well. Inspection of my roots after cutting showed a big difference after starting to use it. Your suggestions are very good, thank you, I will do more experiments. A friend of mine Supper crops and Scrogs 10 smaller plants at a time and does real well with that. He's going for "max yield per wattage" and has the room to do so. I uploaded several photos. not sure they are viewable yet. Wondering if 420Mag has to approve them?! Keep checking back.

By the way, You have great photos. Very Nice.

Thanks. You make me feel like I've been wasting all my space though!

Yeah I just checked out your gallery. Nice trichomes. Do you use auto strains? Those are nice and bushy.

To post pics there should be a button that says ( My Photos ) like literally right below the window your post text is in. That will bring up another window and you can click the pictures you want to insert into the post, and it will insert bbcode for the images.

To insert photos into a post, just click on the "My Photos" tab at the bottom left of the reply box. Then click on your photo(s), and they are inserted.

:Namaste:

I haven't read anywhere that my strains are Auto Flower. I just 12/12 the next batch when I harvest the prior blooms. Space is a problem for me. I've been only growing 2 at a time, just started 3 this grow, hoping to get the same yield per plant. Seems to be going good, although a bit crowded. I'll know in a few weeks.

IMG_46581.PNG

Back
Top Bottom