New Member here in Canada

Cheleanne

Hi,

I'm Cheleanne. I'm new to this forum and have been wondering about cannabis and COPD. Actually, COPD is a blanket term for several type of lung diseases. But no matter - I have asthma and I watched Rick Simpsons video and it says it treats/cures asthma. Does anyone have any information or testimonials regarding this specifically? I want to grow my own plants for cost effectiveness, and I'm not sure how to do that either...

So basically, any help at all would be appreciated...

PS - finding this site a bit awkward to get around in so if you send me a message, please be patient... I will eventually figure out how to get to it! :thanks

Chele

Hey Chele how u doing!! Welcome to 420/m fairly new bout seven months in and I have to say this is a great community to b part of. Jus started my first grow n this community has helped so much even got me the genetics m running at the moment. Any questions please ask cause I was always taught the only stupid question is the question not asked. Hope u find n learn everything u wanted n more from our fellow community members!!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

Hoping to make some friends along the way!

Thank you!! Nice to have such friendly people to get help from on the site! :)

Hi Cheleanne, Welcome to 420. I watched an interesting video speaking about the therapeutic effect of MMJ for people affected by asthma. Since cannabis is a muscle relaxant (CBD cannabidiol more precisely) it helps relaxing the respiratory airways thus allowing for better oxygen intake. I'll try to find the vid and will forward.

As per growing your own plant, you are in the right place, keep getting familiar with this website, it will get easier after a few days and some 100s clicking :) start with clicking in forum upper left, and scroll down to THE GROW ROOM, there you will find the section How to grow. My advice is to start reading a maximum o get familiar with the various techniques, once you spotted something you think you might be interested in, ask questions, this is a 420 community, everyone tries to help here. Good luck! :cheer:

Thank you Lasky. I intend to surf the site a lot to learn. I'm glad you posted about cannabis helping with asthma. It's awful some days and my meds help. Do you know if I would have to be on the cannabis oil permanently?? I can't find anything that tells me that..

Hi Pino. Thank you for the warm welcome! Hope to get to know a few people here. I just stumbled on this site so I am feeling like it was put there in front of me for a reason...

Thank you Lasky. I intend to surf the site a lot to learn. I'm glad you posted about cannabis helping with asthma. It's awful some days and my meds help. Do you know if I would have to be on the cannabis oil permanently?? I can't find anything that tells me that..

I am sorry to hear about your suffering and I hope you will soon find a way to feel better. Unfortunately, I could not answer with certitude. However I will tell you that the CBD works with your end-cannabinoid system which performs various tasks toward one single goal: homeostasis, the maintenance of a stable internal environment despite fluctuations in the external environment. The end-cannabinoid system has many receptors located in all parts of your body, brain, immune cells, nervous system, glands, connective tissues, organs, etc... It's like to man behind the curtain, it controls and oversees everything and make sure everything is balanced. I would guess that by taking CBD regularly, you train your body back to a normal states, but that just my non-educated opinion. it's a new physiological discovery, some doctors don't even know about that since they don't teach it in med school, it's baffling to me. Hope this helps a bit. Cheers.

I have asthma also and I've never tried using my vaporizer when I'm having an attack,it just seemed like the wrong thing to be doing.My asthma had been dormant (if that's the correct word) since I was in my teens and didn't show up again until last winter.What has me concerned is that sometimes the asthma comes on after I've had my second vaporizer bowl,but not all the time.I'll have to start growing a high CBD strain,at least I can still get stoned.

Have you tried growing yet? I'm partial to Northern Lights,extremely easy to grow and a very strong stoned effect.

Also I'm in Canada too.

Hello cheleanne,

Welcome to Canucks are Us! There are lotsa Canadians on here. It is nice to find "local" friends.

While the Canadian contingent is substantial, you will find members from around the world, all willing to help.

I'm in the Hammer, Hamilton.

I can't help with the asthma, but I might suggest you look up SweetSue. She is amazing!

Peace.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom