New member here!

Top of the morning everyone. Read alot of comments and questions/answers looks like im gonna get my education on growing from all over the world. Thanx in advance........

I have read alot about growing and watched countless videos on youtube, just wait to try what im growing lmao

Morning and welcome to 420 magazine!
Saw your thread in the faq section, off to a great start (though I can't grow in soil for the life of me lol).

You've come to the right place for loads of people who can grow in just about anything!

:welcome:

Do you mind me asking what you grow in? im always looking for more edcuation in this field.
Ask away! Always willing to share what little bit I've learned, I'm still on the new grower side myself. I built my setup, it's an Ebb and Flow system. I have net cups that are filled with hydroton (clay pebbles that have and hold zero nutrients), if you get bored feel free to browse through my grow journal I did.
Here's a recent pic of mine (as you can see, they've got a few minor issues I'm dealing with but should be back under control by evening)...no current journal going on:

2CAA8E7A0FC0_1600705337545.png

Ask away! Always willing to share what little bit I've learned, I'm still on the new grower side myself. I built my setup, it's an Ebb and Flow system. I have net cups that are filled with hydroton (clay pebbles that have and hold zero nutrients), if you get bored feel free to browse through my grow journal I did.
Here's a recent pic of mine (as you can see, they've got a few minor issues I'm dealing with but should be back under control by evening)...no current journal going on:

2CAA8E7A0FC0_1600705337545.png
gonna google those hydrotons now. looks interesting

Welcome to the forum @trini trees :welcome:

Do you mind me asking what you grow in? im always looking for more edcuation in this field.
If you're just starting out, I would recommend a good nutrient filled self buffering soil, so you can learn while you read about hydro, hempy, coco coir, aeroponics, and organic growing...so you can make an informed decision. I've tried them all, and I like a good soil myself.
Fox Farms Ocean Forest and some Mega Crop, along with some good lighting, is just what the doctor ordered for this old lazy man :rofl::popcorn:

Yes i am. Is that not a thing anymore lol...its my first plant and used what i had in my house. help a brother step his game up what should i be using?
I'm no expert either :) I am doing my first soil grow this year and I think it is a lot harder than my previous grows which were in pro mix in large pots. The only reason why I am doing soil is because I don't have the cash for pots and so on. Soil is cheaper and it is easy to grow and feed organic. I am just concerned with pest control. I am not growing companion plants. Why don't you do one soil experiment and one pro mix, which is a soilless mix of coco and perlite. I'm keen to compare notes with other newbies and follow the stories :passitleft: Oh yes, are you growing indoor or outdoor? I am outside.

Hi Trini! I will weigh in also for the soil side. There are some very good soils out there specifically designed to grow cannabis in. I strongly recommend one of those soils to start off in... and later on when you feel a need to learn some new methods, by all means experiment with soil-less mediums and the various hydro methods, but get your feet wet first in soil.

Every nutrient line that you get in bed with requires you to learn their system. I don't recommend any of them really, because I am an organic gardener at heart, always believing that mother nature can do this thing way better than we can with artificial nutrients. I also hate the price that most nutrient lines charge you, just so you can grow a weed.

I recommend Fox Farm soils. Happy Frog is mostly sphagnum moss and was designed to be a light soil that makes it easy to grow roots and start new plants in. Today I use it in my seedling cups and to pack the top parts of my transplanted containers. As a strong base soil to use to transplant into, I recommend Fox Farm Ocean Forest. It is a very rich organically rich soil that will hold up over time and can give you several years of good service.

There are lots of good nutrient systems out there, but I like simplicity and based in natural organics. For this reason, I endorse a sponsor of this board, @GeoFlora Nutrients, hands down the easiest way to grow organically that there is. All you do is sprinkle a few ounces of this granulated product on the surface of the soil, ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS, and all the needs of your plants will be taken care of, naturally.

It does not need to be complicated nor expensive to grow high quality pot in your own garden. Don't get lost in all the nonsense, hype and personal opinions out there on YouTube and the rest of the internet, and before you blindly follow the advice of some "guru" out there... check to see how many followers actually endorse them, and provide links to their work in their own writeups. Know them by their fruits and proof is in the pudding and all that... if it didn't happen in a grow journal, WITH PICTURES, it didn't happen.

Good luck in your grow, and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
Emily, 567 Followers and climbing. :)

Wouldn't this be considered a "Hempy Bucket" if it's just Coco & Perlite ? Just wondering is all.
I don't know for sure. You are probably right. I haven't looked at Hempy yet, so I should do that.

Back
Top Bottom