New Member & New Grower

trae1170

420 Member
Hello everyone, I am new to growing.
I have been doing some research on the net and reading forums for a few months...man is there alot of information! Hopefully I can learn some valuable info from the group.
I have purchased most of my equipment and have seedlings started.

Equipment:
4x4 grow tent
(4) 5gal. DWC
(6) 75watt CFL 6500 for Veg & (6) 75watt CFL 2700 for Bloom
450 watt Full Spectrum Mars Hydro LED

Reason to grow:
My wife has a number of medical issues (Lupus,Fibro, RA& Colitis). I am hoping I can grow something that will help her get off some of her pain meds and sleeping meds.

Can't wait to be able to start posting in other threads as I already have a few questions about my seedlings.

Peace.

Thanks for the reply QuantumNugs! I checked out your journal, nice plants. I sure hope mine look that good. My seedlings are about 10 days old and I swear they haven't grown since day 3 or 4. Maybe I am just expecting too much.
They are only about 3 inches tall & the leaves are curling down.
I started mine in a homemade bubbler tub also but I took them out and just put the net pots with the seedlings into a humidity dome casue it looked like they were just getting too wet. Not sure if I did the right thing.

Since I removed them from the bubbler and put them in the Humidity dome I have only sprayed them with water a few times a day. I have read that the drropy leaves is from too much water?
I have the following strains as seedlings:
Blueberry Kush, Blue Blood, Strawberry Sour Diesel & Treasure Island

IMG_34484.JPG

IMG_34436.JPG

IMG_34456.JPG

IMG_34474.JPG

Overwatering would be my guess as well, the leaves dont look limp and lifeless, just a little droopy and she looks like she's stretching for light! Delicious selection of strains my friend.:clap:

Hey QuantumNugs,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been swamped at work and have not had much for anything. Well... to answer your question... teh next day 3 out of the 4 pretty much appeared to be dead! they were laid over flat and limp and looked to be shriveled up. I was so pissed I just pulled them out of their Groton cubes and tossed them. The roots were dried up.
I checked my water Ph and it was pretty low , somehow it shifted on me, it was at 5.2

The one that looked the best I transplanted into a solo cup filled with 50% coco / 50% hytron . I poked a number of holes in the bottom and watered the hell out of it and put it back into my humidity dome. This was almost 2 days ago and it looks like it will live but it is probably stunted. One of the initial round leaves is turning yellow but otherwise it is fine.
The ph of the water I used to mix the coco was at 6.7

If she lives, I will transplant her to a 5 gal. hysro bucket when she is about 6-8" tall.

Later,

Back
Top Bottom