New member, New room

Beeman

Living in north CA i managed to borrow a light/ballast and exaust/carbon filter from a buddy of mine. ill try to figure out how to upload some of the pics i took. i should add the room is 3x4x7 . the light is a 600 enclosed, (and maybe someone can help me with this it seems to be partially sealed but for sure not air tight) hid that im hoping to have on pulleys. :thanks:

Re: New member, New room.

Room_0012.jpg

2x4's and styrafoam insulation some duc tape and some sealant. the sealant was necessary because i had to cut the styrafoam several times to fit it into my car..:cool:
Room_0031.jpg

i taped everything from the inside and caulked it from the oudside. this also helped with stability

sorry that i cant help u with ur grow ... but dont worry there are lots of people here who can ... :welcome: and good luck with ur garden :peace:

i have some plastic i am planning on putting down. also i am debating on weather to put some 1x1 on the bottom to assist with air flow? also its mostly white on the inside because of the insulation, but should i cover up everything else with mylar or reflective tape? ill try to post some pics tonight when the vent is in place with the plastic. im thinking of Cheez, not to sure i was going to go to the club and see if anything looked decent. i think tuesdays is 10% off.

Room_0091.jpg

i hooked uo a simple pulley system. i want to get one more to put in the middle somehow, on the top of the room, its tricky because there is no wood there.
Room_0091.jpg

with the plastic now. i am planning on mounting that carbon filter higher and off the wall.
I have been trying to read the ventilation fourms. i feel retarted but i cant decide how to mount this. is the filter suoopused to blow air through the light the out of the building? then another fan on the bottom to blow air in?
the light seems to be partially sealed, in that its all enclosed but its not air tight.:thanks:

Hey Beeman, welcome to 420. You can hang your filter with straps in one of the corners. flexible steel strapping that plumbers use would probably work great. or you could use some cheap sleeping bag straps from a camping store. Just screw the straps to the 2x4. then strap it in there just like you were strapping a sleeping bag to the wall. If you use the sleeping bags straps you may want to use a washer to prevent the strap from popping off the screw. Then connect the loose end of the duct hanging from the left side of the hood. Run the other end of the duct out of your room and connect the fan on the outside of the room if possible. By mounting it outside of your grow room you are removing the little bit of heat that the fan would generate. Mount it so you are pulling air through the filter then the hood then out of the room. I am still a rookie myself, but everything I have read says you should pull air through the filter and not push it. If you set up your ventilation the way I have described, your room will have a slight negative pressure. This is a good thing because you are less likely to have unfiltered air seep out of your room and stinking up your house. You will want a couple of small fans inside the grow room to move the air around.

Good luck.

. Run the other end of the duct out of your room and connect the fan on the outside of the room if possible. By mounting it outside of your grow room you are removing the little bit of heat that the fan would generate. Mount it so you are pulling air through the filter then the hood then out of the room. I am still a rookie myself, but everything I have read says you should pull air through the filter and not push it. If you set up your ventilation the way I have described, your room will have a slight negative pressure. This is a good thing because you are less likely to have unfiltered air seep out of your room and stinking up your house. You will want a couple of small fans inside the grow room to move the air around.

Good luck.

Thanks for the tip, i agree everything i have read says negative pressure is good. maybe its not making sense to me because my carbon filter came with a fan installed.
Room_013.jpg

maybe i should get another fan? also how about an intake at the bottom?

here is the first little set of clones, strain is stranded, 8 week flowering time. im a little concerned about the temp, its a constant 92 thatll be fine for now i think but once the sun comes up i could be in troubble. tomorrow i an going to have to go to radio shaq and get a squirrell fan or something. also humidity is 38 and i put a jar of water in the room to try to bring it up.
Room_014.jpg

also yesterday i did a test run in the flowering chamber and, yep it was way to hott. i bought an inline booster fan to blow directley on the lamp hopefully this will help.
Room_016.jpg

Are you exhausting the or scrubbing your room?

the exaust is on the other side of the hood, it is leading out of the room, i am also scrubbing with the carbon filter in the top right of the pic. (this way it pushed clean air through the exaust and the light hood, and thereby also onto the plants, the guy at the grow shop said this was the way to do it) eventually i think i may have to exaust out a nearby window because of the summer temps here. although a friend may have an indoor ac unit i might be able to borrow. that would come in handy.:bong:

Nice looking room beeman, clones look awesome as well. Im also having a problem with heating right now, its about 86F to 90F. I was just wondering what kind of lights you got?

Be Irie, there is also an exaust directeley on the other side of the light leading out. is this right? ill try to get a pic up once my batterey recharges.

Vexer, the lights in the little Cardboard box veg room are Compact Flourocent lights. i read about them hereWhat are Compact Fluorescents and How Can I use them for Growing? for the time being i have an oscilliating fan in front of the open door.

so what im hearing is that it is a lot easier to pull the air out than try to push it. i may have to redo this venting system. i wish i could find a good diagram somewhere of the best way to do it, maybe i sould have 2 seperate exausts one for the carbon filter and on for the light? then i can maye my inflow slightly larger.

Back
Top Bottom