New Member - Old Grower - From Canada!

Yippee!!! Personally, I'm always chasing a good head high, so I stick to the mostly-milky side. Be sure you're checking the buds and not the leaves. It's the buds that you want to be watching. The leaves will turn earlier than the buds.

Soon pigeons. Soon.

I prefer the head high to. And I want to stick with primarily milky trichomes. But my buds just don't look "ready" yet.
Still a few white hairs pointed to the sky. Looks like she still has some life to live. I have the patients to let her finish but I don't want to let her go too long.

When growing I don't particularly make it this far. So I'm still quite inexperienced when it comes to making the call as to when to chop her down

See how far you've come Pigeons?

We just had trichomes show and he's already hounding me to toast up some leaves. LOL! I'm being insistent that he leave these plants alone, not only to leave them unmolested as they finish their lifespan, but until they are properly cured. I warned him when I started my journal that I was going to be responsible and refuse to let him have a 'taste'. One of our first adoptees got destroyed within days of my letting him have some early. He knows you can get buzzed from early growth, flash dried in the oven. I should have never let him find that out.

Hahaha too funny!

But we've all been there, I think my buddy C526 said it best "how can you expect one to go hungry with a fridge full of food?"

I hang onto the notion that the weed is only getting better with time. And unless I run out of my purchased smoke then there is no reason for me to get "greedy" so to speak. However 100$ a week on meds doesn't help either.

I have the 28th marked on the calendar for harvest and I'm going to Ty my hardest to hang off until then. But then I have 2 months of drying/curing. We'll see if it makes it that long.

you get around. OK then, I said it,, it was fun too, cheers

Hey friends!

Well it's the 28th and she still isn't ready for harvest. I flushed her this morning for the 3rd time. I was hoping it was the last time. But I still see lots of white hairs and no identifable amber trichomes. I can't even find the one I found the other day, which leads me to believe it was possibly a red fluff from my pajamas. Haha

I'm hoping my 100x microscope should be here in the next day or so. That will help me see.

Thanks for looking folks. Let me know what you think.
image18424.jpg
image18425.jpg
image18426.jpg
image18427.jpg
image18428.jpg
image18429.jpg
image18430.jpg
image18431.jpg
image18432.jpg
image18433.jpg

I'd have to agree with you Pigeons. She's still putting out lots of white hairs and bulking up the buds. Wow! She's grown to an impressive size, no? It's going to take you some time to harvest her. Wow!

I'd have to agree with you Pigeons. She's still putting out lots of white hairs and bulking up the buds. Wow! She's grown to an impressive size, no? It's going to take you some time to harvest her. Wow!

She's getting bigger everyday! I took a look back in the journal to compare the size and she continues to grow. So I'm in no hurry to chop her down until she's done or I see no more growth. But until then I'll let her grow to her fullest :)

I'm going thru the same thing so I cut my light time to
14-10 on monday, I have a northern lights #1 she's in her 10th week of flower and showing no signs of being done, it's a bit of a drag really. I like your plant, shes s beauty
. last week I pulled off the last of the fan leaves to get more light into the inner sanctorum.

Hey gang!

Little update on the hog. She's doing great and progressing nicely. Hairs are primarily turning orange. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

My pocket microscope came in the mail yesterday so, I spent the morning trying to figure it out. Wasn't an easy task, but I've got it now. Can't seem to spot any amber trichomes yet so I will continue looking. My camera doesn't take a very good photo through the microscope so I'm unable to share the view yet. Hopefully I can save up for an iPhone microscope.

In the last couple weeks of flowering I like to shock the plant by letting her dry out quite a bit. I've read a number of articles that say by not watering as often it can shock the plant into producing stronger more potent THC. The idea is that when the plant begins to think its "dying" from thirst it sends the remaining energy into the protective mechanisms within the plant, the THC. In nature there isn't function without purpose. Trichomes are the plants protective layer against attacks from small pests and some diseases... I'm no scientist so I'm not going to go into crazy detail about plant biology and anatomy. But this is what my girl looked like this morning. She's only received 3 cups of water over the last 3 days.
image18784.jpg
image18785.jpg
image18786.jpg
image18787.jpg
image18783.jpg

She's day 82/55

After closer review I am noticing amber trichomes! It's only a few. But with this siting I'm certain I will be harvesting within the next 7 days!!!!

This is great news!

Back
Top Bottom