New member to 420

Dann0

420 Member
Hey all! Just wanted to say Hi to all on the forums. And maybe a few words about my wonderful life. Seriously though, life is precious and I try to be thankful for all the good (and bad) in my life.

Thankfully I'm a legal medical MJ patient for a handful of ailments, of just 1-2 that's literally a pain in my @ss lol (I have Crohns and anxiety to go along with that. wonderful combination :rolleyes:

Better to laugh than cry, right?

Even though I have anxiety I love Sativas or Sativa dom hybrids as long as there not too racy. The trick for me is dosage on those. Then I can hit my drumset and jam for a bit, and do some creative creative writing - when the pain isn't too bad; and with Cannabis lately it's tolerable.

I'm an avid gamer too; who isn't? hehe.

I've been reading about growing Cannabis for at least 20+ years. Still got my ED Rosenthal Bible from the 80's :) But reading and doing are 2 VERY different things which is why I joined up here at 420 mag.

Since my Cannabis grows need to be medicinal/dispensary quality I'll be growing organically in soil using all its wonderful tools, like compost teas, Integrated Pest Management, and soil that's full of microbial life not salts :)

Anway, guess I'll stop here. Hope to learn alot here, make some friends, but also pay it forward. Good Karma.

Happy Earth Day!

Dan :peace:

:welcome: to the forum...

Sifting through all of the information here can be a bit overwhelming. Many folks here grow in soil, and can answer any questions you may have. It's a good idea to check out some of the grow journals here. They're packed with tips and hints. Starting a journal here when you start your grow is highly recommended. It will allow members to help diagnose any problems you may encounter along the way much more accurately. There's also a good section for medical where you can find what worked and didn't for many problems.

Once again... :welcome:

Welcome to 420:)

Best advice I've seen here is just get growing...it's the best way to figure what works for you and your circumstances.

If you are going soil (as I do) look at fabric pots and go as large as you can handle.

More soil=more nutrients=better water retention=cooler roots=happier plants.

There is a tendency (myself included) to try to grow as many plants as you can fit into a time and/or space. With soil, if you provide a great starting point and home for the life of the plant, you will get a great yield from one plant (possibly more than a few weaker plants).

Lastly, start a journal and let others learn from your progress. :goodluck:

:welcome: to the forum...

Sifting through all of the information here can be a bit overwhelming. Many folks here grow in soil, and can answer any questions you may have. It's a good idea to check out some of the grow journals here. They're packed with tips and hints. Starting a journal here when you start your grow is highly recommended. It will allow members to help diagnose any problems you may encounter along the way much more accurately. There's also a good section for medical where you can find what worked and didn't for many problems.

Once again... :welcome:
Thanks for the welcome!! I'll be sure to check out the journals and will definitely start my own.

Dan :Namaste:

Welcome to 420:)

Best advice I've seen here is just get growing...it's the best way to figure what works for you and your circumstances.

If you are going soil (as I do) look at fabric pots and go as large as you can handle.

More soil=more nutrients=better water retention=cooler roots=happier plants.

There is a tendency (myself included) to try to grow as many plants as you can fit into a time and/or space. With soil, if you provide a great starting point and home for the life of the plant, you will get a great yield from one plant (possibly more than a few weaker plants).

Lastly, start a journal and let others learn from your progress. :goodluck:
Hey Neighbor!

Yeah in my Bay State were only allowed a certain # of plants (not a ton, but enough for personal medical use) and ive read that obviously the bigger the pot the plant is in the better they usually do. I've seen indoor plants pics with 5-10 gal pots where the trunk of the plant is as thick as some small baby fruit trees (at least a 2-3 inch diameter). Amazing.

Anyway, thank you for the welcome and advice!

Dan

Back
Top Bottom