New Mexico Adds 7 Conditions To Medical Marijuana Coverage

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The state Department of Health is adding seven conditions to coverage under the state's medical marijuana program.

Patients can apply if they have painful peripheral neuropathy, intractable nausea or vomiting, severe anorexia/cachexia, hepatitis C infection if that's also receiving antiviral treatment, Crohn's disease, post-traumatic stress disorder and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, better known as Lou Gehrig's disease.

Health Secretary Dr. Alfredo Vigil said Monday the conditions were added based on recommendations of the department's Medical Advisory BoardÂ’s and scientific findings that the conditions could be helped by medical cannabis.

The board recommended adding eight conditions, but Vigil turned down fibromyalgia, saying there wasn't enough evidence that medical marijuana is effective for it.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: KDBC
Copyright: 2009 The Associated Press
Contact: El Paso/Las Cruces News, Weather, Sports and Entertainment - KDBC 4 - We are CBS! | Home
Website: El Paso/Las Cruces News, Weather, Sports and Entertainment - KDBC 4 - We are CBS! | NM adds 7 conditions to medical marijuana coverage

This is great news, but I doubt the VA will reccomend me MMJ. Does anyone know the process of finding a DR to reccomend MMJ in NM? :headbanger:

mft1284

If you do happen to find a friendly 420 doc. could you share the info. I'm currently living in NM and have yet to locate one that has prescribed MMJ, not just any dr. will even if qualified is my thinking! Appreciate it, and good luck,

TOKE ON! ;)

more like there isnt enough to prove fibromyalgia is real.? i back all these i dont get when people say they use it for pain it doesn't help me that way

mft1284

If you do happen to find a friendly 420 doc. could you share the info. I'm currently living in NM and have yet to locate one that has prescribed MMJ, not just any dr. will even if qualified is my thinking! Appreciate it, and good luck,

TOKE ON! ;)

You can try these contacts:

Below are links to application forms for the program.

The following forms are required, along with a copy of your NM driver license or state ID card.
Participant Application
Medical Provider Certification
Release of Information
Mail or fax the forms to:
Department of Health
1190 St. Francis Drive
Suite S1203
Santa Fe, NM 87502
Fax: (505) 476-3637

If you have questions, please contact the Medical Cannabis Program Coordinator at (505) 827-2321 or melissa.milam@state.nm.us.

more like there isnt enough to prove fibromyalgia is real.? i back all these i dont get when people say they use it for pain it doesn't help me that way

It works for fibromyalgai. I know people tried every pharma pill and only
weed works for them. Shame on NM for not allowing this illness.
It is very painful for people and cannabis works..

Back
Top Bottom