New Mexico Cop A "Human Waste Disposal" After Killing Suspect

MedicalNeed

An Albuquerque police officer who shot and killed a suspect after a traffic stop last week is in hot water for something he posted on his Facebook page.

Detective Trey Economidy III had listed “human-waste disposal” as his occupation on his Facebook page.

A man named Jacob Mitschelen is dead and a family is grieving and this cop thinks he’s done society a favor. So, what does one have to do to qualify as human waste to Detective Economidy?

(KRQE) His rap sheet includes multiple arrests on drug, domestic violence and DWI charges plus negligent use of a deadly weapon, according to court records.

I’m no fan of domestic violence and DWI but I hardly think someone who makes the mistake of letting anger lead to violence or who gets behind the wheel after one too many is “human waste” in need of “disposal”. What’s this “negligent use of a deadly weapon“? Basically it is shooting at a building or vehicle, handling a gun negligently, or carrying a gun while under the influence. It’s also only a petty misdemeanor.

But KRQE has used the “multiple arrests on drug” charges line… just what “drugs” are we talking about?

(ABQ Journal) Online court records show Mitschelen had a lengthy criminal history, including two DWI arrests; a 2005 arrest for negligent use of a deadly weapon; possession of marijuana; domestic violence; and aggravated assault.

If the police account is correct, Mitschelen ran from the cops and raised his firearm at Economidy. The shooting may well be justified. But Economidy’s reaction to it leads me to wonder.

Trey-Economidy-III.jpg

NewsHawk: MedicalNeed: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: stash.norml.org
Author:"Radical" Russ Belville
Copyright: 2011 NORML Foundation
Website:New Mexico cop a “human waste disposal” after killing suspect

Back
Top Bottom