New Moms in Coco Yellowing!

DSD1

So I recentl transplanted my new 4x4 rockwool moms which are about 1 1/2 foot tall into 3 gallon buckets of royal gold coco. After transplanting I gave the each 1 gallon of feeding to soak the coco

15ml PureBlend Pro Grow
8ml Hygrozyme
5ml Nitrozyme
10ml Silica Blast
ph5.8

I let them all sit for 3 days on 24/7 400HPS with no issues. On the 4th day I fed them again half a gallon each but added a few things

15ml CNS17 Grow Coco
5ml Cal/Mag Plus
8ml Hygrozyme
5ml Nitrozyme
ph5.8

After 24 hours I notices solid yellowing from the center with yellow speckling off towards the middle on the new growth only on the top section of the plants the bottom leafs are perfectly fine. Not sure what this is I think maybe to much cal/mag from cns17+cal/mag plus? I hand water and keep the ph at 5.8 and for now I am only watering as needed checking bucket weights every day by hand. I gave them straight ph 5.8 tap water today seeing if I could flush out the issue. Any suggestions on what my issue might be?

384e1965.png

Hi there!

What are you keeping at 5.8? Do you have an IN SOIL pH meter to check your soil pH? The optimum soil pH for Cannabis is between 6.2 and 6.8, which i prefer to keep closer to the high end than the low end. It looks to me that you are going way overboard on the nutes so soon after transplanting. The young roots are probably getting burned. I try to keep my nute use to a minimum and I have also done a lot of growing in Coco. Not so much anymore but I do know that you need to add a "bit" to it for the plant to feed on.

I think your issues are related to too low a soil pH coupled with too many nutes at one time.

I would flush the soil thoroughly with clean water and let it dry out after that and then start feeding with an organic kelp extract like the GrowMore brand I use. pH this nute solution to 6.5 before adding it to your soil.

Personally, I don't start feeding my rooted clones anything more than kelp extract for the first month after transplant and then, only once a week. The rest of the time just plain water that here is about 7.2. Cannabis easily tolerates alkaline soil but is not happy in anything approaching an acidic medium. 5.8 would be considered borderline acidic when we are talking soil pH.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

The CNS17 has a lot of cal in them 2.8% and mag at 0.5%. No need to use cal/mag with CNS17. The 24/7 lighting isn't best for verging. Use 18/6 or 16/8 will give you healthier plants. Dark hours will provide the plants time to rest to reduce stress. Everything needs rest. In turn will save you some electricity cost.

15ml for grow is quite high, and may cause root lock or nute burn. Start low and work it up as you train your plants getting use to the new nut. Some suggestion to rejuvenate your mother plant. Flush the medium and start fresh mix with 1/2 strength at 7ml/gal of the CNS17 grow, no cal/mag, ph 5.8, 18/6 or 16/8 light cycle.

I fed them each half a gallon of water at ph6.0 with good run off hopefully they will make a come back.

Yeah twelve12 is spot on, DSD you should invest in an ec meter to check your solution strengths, What iv found realy effective is to always start with a weak solution spec if its a new line on nutes and up the dosage over time.

Any chance of some pics? ?

Yeah twelve12 is spot on, DSD you should invest in an ec meter to check your solution strengths, What iv found realy effective is to always start with a weak solution spec if its a new line on nutes and up the dosage over time.

Any chance of some pics? ?

I had a pic but I deleted it like I said it's yellowing from the center of leaf outwards on the top of each branch only. It hasn't got any worse I did alot of research and I am assuming I over watered and over feed with N.

Back
Top Bottom