New Moon Over Guawi: A High Brix Journey

Oooo, a good stinky veg plant is a good sign of things to come.

Thanks , I think so :slide:

My grows NEVER really smell, even when in flower and then only when I move them around
or Squeeze the buds will I get a whiff so I am looking forward to it.

Could be stress from the Heavy LST but I did the same to the last one and did not get this
heavy smell, Oh well either way I like it

I may need to brush up on CLONING :nomo:

I think I should take Clones of the GUAWI
She is growing as perfect as I can hope for.
Staying very short,
Filling in Great,
On schedule to Start flip at up-pot

Been an easy LST process, growing slowly, but steady.
Seems to be Loving my Environment and not complaining about the bondage

:morenutes:

So is it OK to just take a clone use a bit of roots powder and put directly into 1st Run (i think) kit soil ?

That should work, you just need to bag it or put a dome over it to keep the humidity high until roots are formed. Just put the cut in a plastic bag, blow into it and tie it off, that seems to work well for others. You may want to pick up a rooting hormone like clonex too.

Cool thanks, I did a re-veg flower clone some years back and it worked out well
Remember using CLONEX and setting up a line from a cool mist humidifier to a
hole in the clone tray lid .The Clonex was a bit expensive and still have
some but not sure how long the shelf life is on it, figured Roots powder should
work as well.

Thinking I will take 4 or 5 cuts and keep the best 2 for a second run.
This should make up for the seed that did not sprout and still keep my cost per seed
at the lower end

Thanks buddy I like the Plastic baggie idea
Question when you say place in Plastic Bag do you mean just the cut in the baggie NO SOIL ?
That sounds very easy, I like it

Cool thanks, I did a re-veg flower clone some years back and it worked out well
Remember using CLONEX and setting up a line from a cool mist humidifier to a
hole in the clone tray lid .The Clonex was a bit expensive and still have
some but not sure how long the shelf life is on it, figured Roots powder should
work as well.

Thinking I will take 4 or 5 cuts and keep the best 2 for a second run.
This should make up for the seed that did not sprout and still keep my cost per seed
at the lower end

Thanks buddy I like the Plastic baggie idea
Question when you say place in Plastic Bag do you mean just the cut in the baggie NO SOIL ?
That sounds very easy, I like it
No, you would put the cup of soil with the clone in it in a bag and exhale into the bag and tie it up.

I was not a fan of the bag method, seemed like I had to inflate quite a bit which was a pain. Now I use rapid rooters in a small water bottle, cutting the top 90% around making an easy humidity dome. Spray every 2-3 days with 1/2 strength de stress. I also like the rooter plus because I can see the roots and when I do I plop in a #1 of soil.

:passitleft:

I was not a fan of the bag method, seemed like I had to inflate quite a bit which was a pain. Now I use rapid rooters in a small water bottle, cutting the top 90% around making an easy humidity dome. Spray every 2-3 days with 1/2 strength de stress. I also like the rooter plus because I can see the roots and when I do I plop in a #1 of soil.

:passitleft:

I like it, and I already have all the needed items :thanks:
1/2 strength DeStress every 2-3 days Nice, Thanks

Yes, seems the plastic water bottle method is bitchin, but why not use one of those 2 ltr. bottles, a lil bigger/better. Cheers eh.
Yeah I was thinking the 2 liter bottle would be about a perfect size for a clone humidity dome. But the only issue I can see with this method over a real humidity dome is if you are dealing with several clones at once. For only a couple cuts, it would be easy peasy.

Good Morning everyone just back from a PHM Dunk

Both the GUAWI & the PHM are getting dunked every other day :)
Expecting to Up-Pot both on the 6th (4 days to get to daily dunks)
Will start the slow time change to flower at up pot (hoping to see alternate nodes by than)

Thinking I will STOP the LST at this point, Let them relax a bit until they hit 8" (net height)

TODAY
GUAWI
is 46 days from POP
PHM
is 51 days from POP

Pictures taken under the MH & T5s both on

both_2.jpg

both_left_side_2.jpg

both_right_side_1.jpg

g_2.jpg

phm_2.jpg

Picked up 2 new DIGITAL TIMERS Two Plug-In's on each timer
These also have an INTERNAL BACK-UP (time of day & timer settings) so
in the event of a Power Failure I dont lose the settings OR the TIME, It still keeps time
during power outage:)

Last power Failure I needed to re-set 2 Pin type timers that STOPPED and then
re-started after the power went out (off by hrs after the power came back on)

Found these at my Local Store, they continually offer a 20% coupon and a FREE LED
Small portable magnetic Light with each purchase (Not always the same Free items).
TOTAL was 8.76 each after tax.

1567543061314.png

Nope, don't trust em 'G'. Had one of those fail soon after use...not good. Went back to mech. pin timers, which have that disadvantage of not auto resetting , but are more reliable.

OK Thanks good to know, I will keep an eye on them ;)

I wanted to change the Pin Units OUT after this last Power outage since I
have 8 different timers set to come ON and OFF at specific times
Its a problem when 1 or 2 stop.

T5s UV / FS have there own timer
T5 REDs have there own
Far-Red LEDS have there own
HID has its own
INLET has its own
Outlet has its own
Heat mats (floor and wall) have there own
Humidifiers and Swamp Cooler has its own

All are set to come on and off in a sequence so when 1 or 2 timers get stopped its
a bit of a challenge

EDIT BTW I do have a HUMIDITY / TEMP Logger so I can see when something stops :)
but I would need to look back in the log to notice it and things like the far-red would not
show up so now I need to figure out a fail-safe :hmmmm:

I use similar timers to those and I have never had any issues. My only issues have arisen from me accidentally hitting the button accidentally that will switch it from "auto" to "on" or "off" and not realizing I did it. I tend to avoid touching the timer if I can avoid so that I don't fuck anything up like I am prone to do.

I use similar timers to those and I have never had any issues. My only issues have arisen from me accidentally hitting the button accidentally that will switch it from "auto" to "on" or "off" and not realizing I did it. I tend to avoid touching the timer if I can avoid so that I don't fuck anything up like I am prone to do.

Thanks buddy

Yes the AUTO/OFF/ON button is VERY EASILY pushed as I have also turned them off
by mistake so thank you for the Warning. Never had one fail Except by user error so
feel comfortable using them

I really like the internal back up and the ability to set it for only 5 minutes :) the pin
models dont let me adjust that close .

Maybe one day they will make a pin model with internal power back-up

Back
Top Bottom