New Moon Over Guawi: A High Brix Journey

Hey bud....ya..seen those tips as well.
Too many EWC's can choke things out....the 'heard' doesn't like it....can't breath...to dense.
By 3rd run, some growers will have put way too many in their re cooks and 4th run would not go very well. Even have issues in the 3rd grow if 40 pounds was added all 3 times.
Ive found that they last longer than we think.I like to start out with 30lbs/bale, then go down to 15 and around 10 for 3rd cook.
I also like to add fresh PM after 3rd run.
Anyhow....rambling... :ganjamon:

Too many EWC's can choke things out....the 'heard' doesn't like it....can't breath...to dense.
By 3rd run, some growers will have put way too many in their re cooks and 4th run would not go very well. Even have issues in the 3rd grow if 40 pounds was added all 3 times.
Ive found that they last longer than we think.I like to start out with 30lbs/bale, then go down to 15 and around 10 for 3rd cook.
I also like to add fresh PM after 3rd run.
Anyhow....rambling... :ganjamon:

Nice Thanks for the info. I believe I have only added 20 lbs each time at this point.
I must be right on the edge since the GUAWI is handling it.

Thinking of going Straight H2O on the PH x M after the 2nd Cat. Maybe even let a little
run-off happen :)

See now that you said that I remember noticing how the water was pooling on top
during the last SLOW top Down watering. Told myself next time I need to use my little
rack to soften up the top layer again. I was doing it prior but stopped since I was finished
adding stuff.

Sounds like a good idea to Rack down as far as reasonable to help loosen things up
and allow some oxygen to get in

Thanks

Yup, and that 'loosening up' is wat most /all growers fail to do. It's part of the whole 'cultivating' thing. That includes raking the top layer, keeping it loose and not packed down. Wat works great is to take a tool like a fork and poke the soil a lot straight down to loosen things up , but not damage any roots. Cheers 'G'.

i like the Forking thing, great way to get a bit lower without to much root damage :thanks:

Looking good Gazoo, I see you've managed to control the PH x M. I'm impressed. It looks like it will be an epic grow. What do you like about the Guawi? I've had it on my radar for a while but I don't see many people growing it. I loved the tikal but wasn't sure how the Malawi would impact it. Seems like 2 really different buzzes to me.

Thanks Neiko I feel honored I could Impress YOU, :yummy:

Suspect the slow time change is a big part of controlling the stretch, seems
to happen while I can still manage the tuck ;)
Both these strains have been easy to control stretch

I liked The way the Guawi grows with nice Indica leaning denser buds. The effect
is long lasting but changes from start to finish. I get motivated at the start, kinda kicks in
a little speedy gets me talking and happy than tapers off into a relaxing mellow that can
last for hours

I only re-ran the Guawi to see if it was a fluke the first time, stayed very short with very
little stretch, wanted to see if it would run the same. Thinking maybe the Early LST twisting
of the main stem could be a factor ?

EDIT:
A clip from the GUAWI Description on Seed Finder
Flowering Time Indoor
Between 75 an 85 days (Average: 80 days.)
Stretch after the initiation of flowering ±275 Percent
Initiation of flowering onto around 40 cm. - Final Height onto around 150 cm.

Growth Behavior
Stretch Like a christmas tree Strong Fast

Must be my environment I just dont get this kind of stretch ?

REMEMBER These are UN- Topped & have never had any leaves removed,
Except the occasional self pruning the plant takes care of all by her self

Re Reading the GROWING TIPS for the PURPLE HAZE x MALAWI

"
Growing TipsPurple Haze x Malawi can be grown indoors without problems, strong light intensity is recommended to achieve the best results. We recommend 11 (light)/13 (darkness) photoperiod for the flowering indoors, in order to boost the flowering, and to avoid reflowerings or excessive stretching in early flowering. Even reduce the photoperiod to 10/14 from the second half of flowering to favor its complete maturation. Highly recommended for SCROG, horizontal or network growing due to its excellent yield in the lateral branches and its vigorous reaction to pruning.

Looks like I get to save another Hour of light cost shortly

OK Just upgraded my GENERATOR to a 900W model

I dont seem to be in the EFFECTED area of the northern California Power Shut off THIS time
but
just in case I cant have the power off for 48 hrs During flower.
I run lights at night so moving them outside during the day will
really screw things up.

Emergency Alert

⚠ Public Safety Power Shutoff: Power to be shut off for safety in 6 zones starting today.
• Public Safety Power Shutoff This Week to Impact Portions of 36 Counties Beginning Saturday Afternoon
• Potential PSPS Impact Expands by 90,000 Customers: Total projected impact now 940,000
• Power to be shut off for safety in 6 zones starting @ approx 2PM today (weather dependent)
• Historic Wind Event Forecast to Cause Dangerous Conditions Until Midday Monday
• Look up your address to confirm if you’ll be impacted:

☑ Oct. 26 PSPS event - Power Will Be Turned Off in Phases
The times below are estimates and may change (earlier or later) dependent on weather.

Phase 1 — 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26 in portions of Amador, Butte, Colusa, El Dorado, Glenn, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, San Joaquin, Sierra, Siskiyou, Shasta, Tehama and Yuba counties

Phase 2 — 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26 in portions of Lake, Marin, Mendocino (south), Napa, Solano, Sonoma and Yolo counties

Phase 3 — 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26 in portions of Alameda, Contra Costa, Monterey, San Benito, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz and Stanislaus counties

Phase 4 — 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26 in portions of Alpine, Calaveras, Mariposa and Tuolumne counties

Phase 5 — 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26 in portions of Humboldt, Mendocino (north) and Trinity counties

Phase 6 — 10 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 27 in portions of Kern County The power will be turned off to communities in stages, depending on local timing of the severe wind conditions.

☑ Customer Notifications and Impact In most cases, the company has notified potentially impacted customers at 48 hours,

Day 1 week 6 from first pistils (half way)

both5a.jpg

PH x M

mm4a.jpg

GUAWI

gg4.jpg

Thanks
Wrennakken
I'm just the weather man around here, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: They are doing all the work

The Long branch below (center of photo) would of been a 9 in cola but laid down so now its 7 Top buds instead
of one large cola, keeps things spaced out to help with AIR circulation. Oh this was taken 2 or 3 days ago

2.jpg

phxm_bud_2.jpg

g_bud_2.jpg

Beautiful girls :high-five:

Thanks Hoping they will outrun the hot EWC mix ;) tip burn

I have decided to just go with the extra H2O for more run-off and
no leaf removal for a while, I want to give her (PH x M) a lot of leafs
to burn off the extra P

Now that I am starting to lower the RH into the high 40s / low 50s
she has no choice but to Drink. Dont expect its a Rescue Drench issue
thinking its just a no choice issue ? Only thing I can think of to correct it
would be a FLUSH but that would mess with the microbes, The slow
Flush over a few Drenches should accomplish the same thing, I hope :rofl::rofl:

Our friend Icemud
Just shared this video on FAR-RED and its awesome. need a place to save it
so I am posting it here

After watching I feel better about only using it to put the girls to sleep.
Shade avoidance = Stretch
But Could be used in those times when I need to fill the net faster ;)

Back
Top Bottom