New Moon Over Guawi: A High Brix Journey

Food for thought

" Accountants tell us that numbers don't lie, because for them numbers are the same as facts. Mathematicians see it differently though. They see numbers as abstract representations of reality that, when combined with other numbers, have an almost mystical ability to create patterns that unlock hidden truths.

In other words, as the great early 20th century numbers theorist G. H. Hardy put it, "A mathematician, like a painter or a poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas." Identifying these hidden truths can open up new possibilities and take us in new directions. "

The Allman Brothers Band - Ain't Wasting Time (Feb. 1972)

Last Sunday morning, the sunshine felt like rain
Week before, they all seemed the same
With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
I still had two strong legs, and even wings to fly

And oh I, ain't wastin' time no more
Cause time goes by like hurricanes, and faster things

You don't need no gypsy to tell you why
You can't let one precious day slip by
Look inside yourself, and if you don't see what you want
Maybe sometimes then you don't
But leave your mind alone and just get high

Well by and by, way after many years have gone
And all the war freaks die off, leaving us alone
We'll raise our children in the peaceful way we can
It's up to you and me brother
To try and try again

Well, hear us now, we ain't wastin' time no more
Cause time goes by like hurricanes
Runnin' after subway trains
Don't forget the pouring rain

Doing my daily research and since I have been monitoring my ROOT ZONE TEMP decided to read up
on the best temps in this area.

Found the following interesting article that suggest as long as the ROOT ZONE Temp is in range
plants can still grow well in 45F

"With proper root zone management you can grow tropical plants in 45°F ambient air as long as the root zone is in the 70s. Sound far fetched? It's not. The biochemical processes that sustain a healthy plant are based on the root zone environment—the foliage propels the photosynthetic process and as long as the leaf tissue does not freeze (it should not fall below 40°F for sustained periods) and the root zone stays in the 65° to 80°F range, you can grow plants in an ambient temperature of 45°F."

Root Zone INFORMATION

Doing my daily research and since I have been monitoring my ROOT ZONE TEMP decided to read up
on the best temps in this area.

Found the following interesting article that suggest as long as the ROOT ZONE Temp is in range
plants can still grow well in 45F

"With proper root zone management you can grow tropical plants in 45°F ambient air as long as the root zone is in the 70s. Sound far fetched? It's not. The biochemical processes that sustain a healthy plant are based on the root zone environment—the foliage propels the photosynthetic process and as long as the leaf tissue does not freeze (it should not fall below 40°F for sustained periods) and the root zone stays in the 65° to 80°F range, you can grow plants in an ambient temperature of 45°F."

Root Zone INFORMATION
Holy crap Gazoo! youre about to find a way to save everyone a lot of money!!! This is very interesting! Thank you for this!!

Holy crap Gazoo! youre about to find a way to save everyone a lot of money!!! This is very interesting! Thank you for this!!

Well that would be cool :green_heart:
Been kicking around the idea of using a CO2 Drip ring but instead of CO2 using a AIR PUMP,
Thinking having the Air Pump enclosed in a heated or cooled enclosure would allow me to
control the temp. Thinking have the drip ring positioned in soil at the bottom of pot I may
be able to adjust the temp as needed also thinking the extra oxygen could help as well.
Still reading up on it all and will need to do some testing when running two at once,
one with air and one without ?

Well that would be cool :green_heart:
Been kicking around the idea of using a CO2 Drip ring but instead of CO2 using a AIR PUMP,
Thinking having the Air Pump enclosed in a heated or cooled enclosure would allow me to
control the temp. Thinking have the drip ring positioned in soil at the bottom of pot I may
be able to adjust the temp as needed also thinking the extra oxygen could help as well.
Still reading up on it all and will need to do some testing when running two at once,
one with air and one without ?
That will be awesome, I bet youll see some benefit. Too cool, this is why I love following your threads...
Well, this and the delicious sticky buds you grow!!

Just up from filling the Humidifiers and noticed the GDP is starting to Frost up :cheer:
also really happy with the GUAWI staying manageable. So far I have been lucky
running a Indica and Sativa together.:slide:
Tomorrow will be 14 days from Pistils so a good time for picture update.

DAY 14 From First Pistils

flower_14days_tops_gdp_1.jpg
flower_14days_tops_guawi_1.jpg
flower_14days_tops_guawi_2.jpg
flower_14days_flower_gdp_2.jpg
flower_14days_flower_gdp_3.jpg
flower_14days_flower_gdp_4.jpg
flower_14days_flower_gdp_7.jpg
flower_14days_flower_guawi_2.jpg
flower_14days_flower_guawi_4.jpg
flower_14days_flower_guawi_5.jpg

Nice even canopy and looking real sharp. :goodjob:

Thanks I'm really happy with the result considering the two different strains
Interestingly the INDICA seemed to grow twice as fast as the SATIVA so its all
staying very close ;) Height wise, lets see if I can keep it that way for a while longer
:green_heart:

Well, that escalated quickly :high-five:

They sure did I was worried about the GUAWAI not starting at the same time as the GDP but it
worked out very well. Did need to extent the time in the finish pots an extra week to keep them
both on the same schedule BUT last time I noticed my 10g pot roots had not used up all the soil
when finished so dont think the extra time in the bigger pots should be a problem (10s over 7s. seem
to be a better choice for the extra time needed for scrog)

Thanks for stopping in guys :high-five:

:passitleft:

Looking good Gazoo, I'm really surprised that the Guawi is staying so tame, they must have really bred the Guatemalan/Haze out of that Tikal they used to make your Guawi. All my Tikals were stretchy beasts. You're doing a great job with both of them.

Thanks buddy

I am very pleased with it so far :slide:and liking the way they have both stayed really close in overall size
Thinking maybe the 16/8 veg pulled out the INDICA trait in her and now the 11/13 seems to be turning
on the SATIVA she is starting to get the SATIVA long skinny blades now where as before I could not tell
the difference in them ? But whatever kept her small I LIKE IT

That sure is a tidy canopy bud! :thumb:

Thanks, they are starting to get stiff so last night I lowered the pots another 1" and started pulling
the branches down using Pipe cleaners attached to the pot to lower the branches to get another
1" or 2 under the net

Great pics Gazoo! That canapy is :thumb::bravo:

Thanks, As mentioned above I have now started to pull down the leaders from the bottom (branches tied to pot)
and should be able to squeeze out another 1 to 2 inches before I need to lower the pots again :)

Also really pleased but curious about the BAZOOKA BUBBLE gum aroma I keep getting a whiff of ? cant find
it on the plants but it keeps hitting my nose every now and then ? I dont chew gum or allow kids in there
so dont think its been left behind

Back
Top Bottom