New one from Georgia

BrownieGrower

I've coming to this forum quite often lately. It has like every kind of information, that was quite helpful for me. Almost every question that I have wished to ask comes out to be already answered here.
So as I have started my first one plant indoor growing, I've decided to join your community.
I'm just turning 21, and decided to add extra hobby to my life. I've been smoking here and there for just three years. I'm not that hardcore smoker, weed educated guy, but I wish to learn more and more.
Hope this will be the right place for me to start with.

I've coming to this forum quite often lately. It has like every kind of information, that was quite helpful for me. Almost every question that I have wished to ask comes out to be already answered here.
So as I have started my first one plant indoor growing, I've decided to join your community.
I'm just turning 21, and decided to add extra hobby to my life. I've been smoking here and there for just three years. I'm not that hardcore smoker, weed educated guy, but I wish to learn more and more.
Hope this will be the right place for me to start with.
Welcome BrownieGrower.......weve all been there..... we've all started somewhere. You done the right thing by joining the best online growing forum. Sooooo do you have any questions that are lingering in your mind? Have you decided on anything yet?

Welcome BrownieGrower.......weve all been there..... we've all started somewhere. You done the right thing by joining the best online growing forum. Sooooo do you have any questions that are lingering in your mind? Have you decided on anything yet?
Hey! Thanks for the reply. Yes I actually have more like a problem situation.
Like a month ago one of my friends have gifted me three little seeds. He didn't knew what kind of weed or breed it was because it was also gifted to him by one of his smoker friend. As he told me he was so high that he can't remember what that guy had told him about the seeds.
So I made my own research here and there and because of the small size and shape and little bit lighter color I decided that it sativa.
We are 13 days old already! ^_^ I'm growing with (2*45 watt smaller + 65 watt bigger) 155 watt CFL lights. (155 of the wall of course)
Everything was going well after I decided to translpant to the bigger place. I cut 1.5 liter bottles head and put a soil in it. When transplanting, original soil was not wet enough and it started to fall. So I rapidly dropped the plant inside it's new house, added extra soil and watered. I think I have lost/damaged somewhere 1/4 of the roots ad was expecting the shock or more horrific death of the plant. But this good friend of mine kept growing without any trouble. Today I took a look and older, lower leafs appear to be very dry and unhealthy, even though the upper part is going bigger and better, showing absolutely no health issues.
My guess is that I'm lacking in nitrogen. Even though I have never feed it nitrogen, I bought my soil from the flower/gardening shop and they told me that the soil is already nitrogen rich. Any ideas what might be going wrong?
(And excuse my English, I'm from the republic of Georgia, not the state of US)

The first picture was taken minute after translpanting. Other three were taken now. The fact that it is not yellowish makes me even more confused to understand what is the problem.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about it, lower leaves generally die back as your grow gets bigger anyway. Just monitor your plants, watch for any deficiencies. One can only imagine that if you lost half of your original root ball when you transplanted them, some of the roots went with it. The dieback or the wilting that you see is almost positively caused by that. These plants are very resilient, you will find that they speak to you with their actions. As you grow more and more familiar with what's going on with your plants, you'll be able to diagnose your issues more quickly. Again, I wouldn't be overly concerned. I definitely do not think you have a nitrogen issue, your plants look really nice color.

Thank you so much. So I have nothing serious to worry about right?
I still can't get how to use nutrients. I have never used any of them and found out that it will be very necessary for later stages. Another problem is that we don't have those nutrient products that are quite often recommend on different posts in Georgia. And shipping from Amazon (or USA in general) can take up to 2-2.5 weeks.
Will regular flower nutrients work or are there any other solution?

Yes, but I would order some easy to follow fertilizers for yourself and in the meantime try the following. .......while in vegetative state the plants will require more nitrogen (like 5-1-2) and as they get into flower especially halfway through flower and on the plants will require less nitrogen and more phosphorus (like 2-2-4) You can use standard nutrients, I would just be very very careful with the mixing and make sure you start with a very low dose and work your way up until you find your sweet spot. If your plants get really really dark green in veg, then that means you are giving them too much nitrogen and you should back off a bit. When you water your plants, especially in the young stage, you should water around your plant and not directly onto the roots. As the plant grows bigger you can give nutrients every other watering, but watch your plants to make sure that they are not getting too much or too little of something most people will water, then fertilize, then water, then fertilize or something of that nature. If you find you are getting too much of something, I would do water, water, fertilize, then repeat. Start off with your plants as seedlings doing 1/4 strength recommended nutrients, a week later go up to half strength, a week later go up to 3/4 strength and so on. Remember that everybody has their own techniques, lots of different things will work. Be patient, and definitely make sure you do not over water as that is a newbie mistake 9 times out of 10.

Welcome BrownieGrower! :welcome:

As Guy has so aptly proven, you have come to the right place for grow advice. Thanks Guy! :goodjob:

You may want to head over to The Grow Room for a potential overload of growing info. Many growers start Journals for others to follow along & chip in with advice.

Glad you joined!

Ian

Hey Ian! It already feels nice to be here!
Thanks Guy hah? I like that name :D I'll be heading the Grow Room later today to make my first appearance as a member.

Did you put drainage holes in the bottom of that bottle? I'm wondering if the bottom leaves are wilted from too much water. And speaking of water, are you checking the pH?

Did you put drainage holes in the bottom of that bottle? I'm wondering if the bottom leaves are wilted from too much water. And speaking of water, are you checking the pH?
Hey, yes I put some drainage holes. Now I have a new pot and it has four big holes. Talking about PH, I was only watering with mineral water from the shop without any nutrients in it. Today I bought a bio fertilizer which has like 6.5 ph but seller told me that mixing it with more water will help PH to drop. But I'm not sure how it gonna work.

Back
Top Bottom