New Ontario Grower

Leotheplug

420 Member
Hey All,

I'm a new grower from Ontario - I grew some absolute bush weed outdoor 3 years ago in some Pro mix and just got the itch this year to dive in and grow some real bud.

I had some autos from a past order that i'm working on now - Pounder, Sweet Tooth, Amnesia and Cheese - Once i get through these i've got fems from Dinafem, Barneys and Humboldt that i'm itching to grow.

I'm currently growing in Coco with Gaia Green, the classic Mr.Canucks grow haha - Pounder & Cheese are in 3 gallons, the rest are in 1 gallons- I had some deficiencies at the beginning and really stunted my Cheese as you can see and had my fair share of issues with the Pounder (the biggest in the pics). The pounder is growing alright but I want much taller growth. I've setup a few closets so I have more space to get some real height. My 2x4x60' from Mars just isnt tall enough.

I would love some help on getting these autos taller and fully maximizing their potential. I've been feeding the Cheese and Pounder with Overdrive for 3 days now.

The next round of seeds are all fems so I gotta get my foundation down with these Autos - would love any help or suggestions people have, I'm also going to turn this mars tent into a Veg room so what are some good lights i can put in there?

Attachments

• IMG_5336.jpeg
    IMG_5336.jpeg
    769.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5337.jpeg
    IMG_5337.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5338.jpeg
    IMG_5338.jpeg
    692.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5339.jpeg
    IMG_5339.jpeg
    787.3 KB · Views: 41
Always take autos from starter to final pot
3-5 gal is best

Isn't the Gaia Green a time release stuff?
How do u use it in Coco

Welcome great to have you here

what’s your lighting schedule at for the autos?

@Chris Scorpio is spot on with the Gaia green being a time release amendment

I researched it some and found successful grows so it can be done. I’m not to familiar with coco so I’m not sure how it would work

Silver

Ok good to hear. I just like cover the basics.

I’ve not grown autos but I think the idea is you don’t want to transplant after the plant has started going into flower(white pistols) I like to transplant my plants 2-3 weeks before flipping but most do a week min.

sounds like you have good lighting. getting 5 -7 gal pots will definitely improve your yeild. The plant is basically a mirror image of the roots. If the roots can’t stretch and grow either can the top of the plant

I think your on the right track and know you will be happy with your harvest on this current grow.

Hey welcome to :420:

I’m also Canadian, but on the other side of the country.

you can transplant autos, but they have a short life span, and don’t have much time to recover from certain stress. It’s ideal to do it before I certain time, so it allows the plant to recover.

@Silverfox125 Thanks man thats great to hear - I have a 5 gallon laying around that i'll plant an auto in today to try out.
The pounder doesnt look like its gonna get any taller and it still hasnt flowered yet. I'm wondering if I should flip the lights and try to trigger it. Im about 50 days in

@Backlipslide Nice to meet you Backlip - yea i think im just gonna learn how to properly water a seedling in a full pot instead of transplanting. You from BC?

anyone here growing anything right now?

@Backlipslide Nice to meet you Backlip - yea i think im just gonna learn how to properly water a seedling in a full pot instead of transplanting

anyone here growing anything right now?
Yes I am indeed growing right now. I’ve got two journals going at the moment. The Blue Angel 2019 is almost finished, and I’ve got one more update to do on it. (Located in my signature). The one below it (backlip is back with...) is the newest journal.

watering a seedling is easy. You don’t necessarily need to feed with nutrients till about the second week of veg. When their really young, just Give them water, then wait till their dried right out before giving them more water. It’s very easy to over water a seedling, so make sure their dried right out before hitting them again with water. Actually, after going back up and reading that your already in the final pot, I wouldn’t recommend to anybody ever, but it works for some people. Since your in a big pot, just feed around the stem. Until they get bigger. What size pot are you in right now? See this is why I don’t like starting in a big container, watering for seedlings always leads new growers to the over/under watering problems.

this BLT technique of mine, is a reason why I never start in the final container, but lead up to it in 2-3 transplanting. Working your way up to 5-7 or ten, or even bigger pot. How ever big a person wants.

My BLT technique works for seedlings as well, but only in a smaller container.

Plants love a BLT (bacon lettuce tomato sandwich)

When you feed a plant a BLT but not feed the entire surface of soil, and not water till you see run off. Your plant is getting a lot of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato. The soil looks dry, so you feed her with another BLT, giving her another large dose of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato, As well as the left over scraps from the lettuce and tomato before. Giving them a mixed dose of BLT. With an improper feeding technique can lead to nutrient lockout or other deficiency problems.

Feeding properly now. You give the plant a nice BLT! Watering the entire surface of soil, let it all run down, filling up the surface of your soil again, and let it drain. Repeat until you see run off. Ensuring you that all of the roots are being fed the entire BLT given. Doing so also ensures your pulling oxygen down with the water, giving a great amount of oxygen to those roots as well, because oxygen is just as important to those roots as the nutrients are.

You from BC?
my wife is from the island, but I’m born and raised in Alberta, and that’s where we reside is in Alberta. I wasn’t very clear on that, I just said the west lol!

Im with @Silverfox125 on this one! I have a link in my signature on how to start a grow journal, and I also have a link in my signature on how to put your journal in your very own signature underneath your posts, so we can all find it easier! :thumb:

@Backlipslide haha that took me a couple reads as i smoked right before your BLT analogy! I always water with runoff now, when i first started i wasnt watering enough and thats why that Cheese i'm growing got so stunted. I think this sweet tooth auto thats a seedling i'm doing just right.

@Silverfox125 I'm down to start a journal, I've been reading forums for months on this site before i made an account so my intent was to get a journal going and meet some fellow growers.

I've got a sweet tooth auto thats at day 4, and Gelato Fems germinating now so theres gonna be lots of plants to talk about! I'll set one up this weekend

Back
Top Bottom