New Patient needs help

MrsSylvester

I recently acquired my MMJ card in California and I'm not sure which type is best. There are so many varieties I am overwhelmed. The person who processed my paperwork didn't believe me, but I am one of the few people seeking MMJ who has never experienced it for recreational use. I have chronic pain from fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis in addition to frequent migraines. I have a severe allergic reaction to the majority of pain relievers such as Vicodin and am no longer finding relief from prescription migraine medication. Out of desperation I have chose to try using medical marijuana. My biggest issue is trying to figure out which strain to get.

Here is a list of what I am looking for. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
1. I live in Central California between Fresno & Bakersfield so something available in that area.
2. I don't like feeling high so something with lower THC levels is preferred.
3. I am prone to headaches of all kinds so one that does not have the side effect of headaches.
4. I am already overweight so I don't want the munchies.
5. Something to relieve pain without making me fall asleep for daytime use.
6. I just got married 6 months ago, so I don't want anything that makes me lose interest in sex.

I know this is a lot but from what I've read there are literally 100's of different varieties and I am totally clueless on how to pick one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :thanks:

My suggestions (someone may have some better ideas, who is more knowledgeable than me):

1. I'm not from that area, so unfortunately I can't help there.
2. I would suggest a HIGH THC strain, used in a topical cream, and not an Oil, edible, and definitely not Vaped or smoked.
3. The topical cream is said to relieve several ailments, migraines and headaches being two symptoms. I don't believe it will CAUSE them. It is also used for arthritis, as well as fibromyalgia. (I'll be making a cream in about 1 month to treat a patient with arthritis and fibromyalgia, and keeping a little for my own back pain)
4. Topical applications shouldn't cause munchies, but I'm not 100% sure on this yet.
5. Topical Cream again :) And I have read a few times that it does not cause any sort of "high" feeling when used.
6. Congratulations! And I don't believe the topical cream would affect your sex life.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Cannabis.

This is the specific recipe I've referenced: Pain Cream using only 2 grams made many times I plan to use this exact recipe myself, but 2 grams seems low, so I'm going to be experimenting and starting with the 2 grams, and adding more and more until the desired pain relief is acquired.

My suggestions (someone may have some better ideas, who is more knowledgeable than me):

1. I'm not from that area, so unfortunately I can't help there.
2. I would suggest a HIGH THC strain, used in a topical cream, and not an Oil, edible, and definitely not Vaped or smoked.
3. The topical cream is said to relieve several ailments, migraines and headaches being two symptoms. I don't believe it will CAUSE them. It is also used for arthritis, as well as fibromyalgia. (I'll be making a cream in about 1 month to treat a patient with arthritis and fibromyalgia, and keeping a little for my own back pain)
4. Topical applications shouldn't cause munchies, but I'm not 100% sure on this yet.
5. Topical Cream again :) And I have read a few times that it does not cause any sort of "high" feeling when used.
6. Congratulations! And I don't believe the topical cream would affect your sex life.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Cannabis.

This is the specific recipe I've referenced: Pain Cream using only 2 grams made many times I plan to use this exact recipe myself, but 2 grams seems low, so I'm going to be experimenting and starting with the 2 grams, and adding more and more until the desired pain relief is acquired.

:thumb: Thank you for your reply. Making a cream sounds like a good idea. Any suggestions on a specific variety to use in it?

High CBD strain will take care of all your pain, migraines and because it is on the norm on the high side of Sativa dominance you will lose as much weight as you need too. I speak of a concentrated oil dosed properly with no euphoria. You will be amazed at everything else it does also. True healing powers is the 'gum' application. Keep in mind, whatever doesn't work to relieve your aliments this method will. On a sativa dominant strain also in a concentrated form will make your marriage life nothing short of spectacular. :Namaste:

best regards

I stand corrected, CBD it is!

Moto just finished telling me about a high CBD strain called Harle-Tsu which can yield a 1% THC : 20% CBD (And is on my next shopping list now as well thanks to him)

I have two strains now, MED GOM1.0 which can yield a 1:1 THC/CBD ratio, and Cali Jack which is 15%-20% THC and 4% CBD. But for your needs, look for that Harle-Tsu. Charlotte's Web (Which is pretty much a household name over here) can yield similar numbers.

This thread discusses some high CBD strains that you can look for at your local dispensary: High CBD Strains

Back
Top Bottom