New Patient with Migraines

Green Utopia

I have recently discovered that my neighbor would like to try Cannabis for his chronic Migraines.

He has a prescription drug that is effective, but it takes 4-5 hours for relief. His reaction is that's better than 2 days of migraine, but he would like something faster if its available.

He is in his late 50s early 60s. He has never smoked marijuana, but he was the one that brought up the subject. At which point I said that I would be happy to give him some. He is a cigarette smoker, so is not opposed to that method of delivery.

I think he might benefit from a lighter high - he's not looking to get stoned. And I think a higher CBD ratio would be good.

My question is:

Are there any thoughts on whether a high THC and high CBD plant harvested a little premature would be better/worse in this situation than a low THC high CBD harvested at peak?

And are there any suggestions for how prematurely I should harvest?

I know the obvious answer is to try a few different things. But I really want to get as close to the right thing as we can when we start experimenting. Remember that he is not a regular marijuana smoker. And that he WILL be in pain from a Migraine.

i think higher thc would be better. for me i also have these migranes but i only have access to street cannabis. the bud with higher thc works the best for me. for a new herb smoker maybe there might be a little overwhelming sense but would be super easy to get used to.

My wife swears by Romulan or Purple Erkel (2 VERY strong indica strains) for her migraines. Cuts the pain within minutes, instead of hours or days.

YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom