New Random Seed Grow

Good morning how is everyone. So I have started two new random seeds I have gotten (10days old), not sure male or female yet so they are in they're own spot for now. I've had issues from the start with both lol one was nute burned from the start...my mistake for using old soil from the plant that kick the bucket that I was feeding to try to save... And the other I thought was a dead seed as I planted it and nothing happened for a month..and then I aerated the soil and sure enough it's tiny self was trying to make a way to the top. Both are in happy frog soil with perlite mixed, finely diced banana peels, egg shells, a small amount of coffee grounds, and a small amount of Epson salt (same recipe I used for my current flowering lady). I will start light nutrient feed on both as soon as they get to 3 nodes. Both are under dual lighting 150w led and a GE full spectrum grow bulb and are on a 18/6 schedule. I have a 4×2×60 tent coming so once I know they are female they will be moved into a better home....fingers crossed :) but that's all to report for now, please excuse the rough look of the one I know it's hurting but all it's new growth is thick and green...so I believe I have semi fixed the issue.

IMG_20211111_140517542.jpg

IMG_20211121_094944532.jpg

IMG_20211121_094954212.jpg

IMG_20211111_140730372.jpg

IMG_20211121_095007394.jpg

IMG_20211121_094936540.jpg

Oh I forgot to say it lol each of the seeds came out sperate half ounce bags of the hoods finest "Fire" ;) and there was only one seed in each so I figured why not I have a 50/50 chance of another female.... so far I am lucky with a 3 out of 3 picks that were all female let's see if I can do 4/5 or 5/5 :p . I wish I knew the strain or anything but I do not...just that it is some good smoke. But does anyone here know if a female plant can produce a feminized seed randomly?

The term is rodelization. When a female cannabis plant is nearing the end of it's flowering cycle and has not been pollinated, it will produce male pollen sacs and pollinate itself. These females that produce these seeds produce a feminized seed(s). :thumb:

The term is rodelization. When a female cannabis plant is nearing the end of it's flowering cycle and has not been pollinated, it will produce male pollen sacs and pollinate itself. These females that produce these seeds produce a feminized seed(s). :thumb:
Awesome basically if that is what happened then I ended up with feminized seeds :eek: that is a big day brightener. Thank you! <3

Awesome basically if that is what happened then I ended up with feminized seeds :eek: that is a big day brightener. Thank you! <3
Signature works great now.
Good job.
Stay safe.
Bill

help me understand this if you can pls

a female plant,, 'nearing the end of it's flowering cycle'

so,, if said female is 'nearing the end',, then how much time does said plant have left before harvest? two weeks? three?

near the end means just that,, not long left to go

now,, for a pollinated flower to produce a mature seed takes nearly six weeks,, or so, i think,, perhaps a bit less

it just seems odd to me that a late flowering nanner on a mature plant could produce a healthy seed

but seriously friends,, what the heck do i know??

They probably send out the nanner after the 3rd week cuz prime pollination had passed. Then maybe it super matures the seed on an expedited scale; clueless as well. The fact still remains that even sensimilla will have one mature seed if not picked to soon; believe that.

They probably send out the nanner after the 3rd week cuz prime pollination had passed. Then maybe it super matures the seed on an expedited scale; clueless as well. The fact still remains that even sensimilla will have one mature seed if not picked to soon; believe that.
Is it possible for a female to be truly sensi, I hand trimmed my first grow and never found a single seed. I would've loved to have another seed of that plant!

my blueberry plant i had outside this summer, produced two seeds,, that i have found,, both of them, mature i might add,, both of them were on the first tiny budlet right next to the huge main stalk,, both of em,,

the plant had plenty of time for the seeds to form,, but i so wonder about how these particular buds got pollinated ,, like said before,, these plants know how to take care of number one,, indeed

my blueberry plant i had outside this summer, produced two seeds,, that i have found,, both of them, mature i might add,, both of them were on the first tiny budlet right next to the huge main stalk,, both of em,,

the plant had plenty of time for the seeds to form,, but i so wonder about how these particular buds got pollinated ,, like said before,, these plants know how to take care of number one,, indeed
In the words of Jim Carey, "... so you're saying there's a chance!" Haha

I agree about cannabis and fight or flight, I read up on a bunch of techniques near the end of flower. Ice cubes, and stalk stabbing to list some.

Thanks for all the insight on the possibility of seeds gender all... But I have to add this is definitely an ugly duckling of a plant... It's growing strong and steady... But the leaf development and the over all look is nothing I've seen before... I guess all I can do is wait for sex reveal and once I know it's a girl let's see if she hits a beauty spurt after highschool :p.... Oh and should I trim the damaged leaves? I don't want energy directed to trying to repair those over new grow.

IMG_20211122_065236675.jpg

Thanks for all the insight on the possibility of seeds gender all... But I have to add this is definitely an ugly duckling of a plant... It's growing strong and steady... But the leaf development and the over all look is nothing I've seen before... I guess all I can do is wait for sex reveal and once I know it's a girl let's see if she hits a beauty spurt after highschool :p.... Oh and should I trim the damaged leaves? I don't want energy directed to trying to repair those over new grow.

IMG_20211122_065236675.jpg
Good morning my friend.
Let her be she needs the energy generated by them.
They are still working as long as you see green
I don't pluck any leaves at all.
Stay safe.
Bill

@Bill284 is right, your plant needs all the solar panels it has, and you right @HappyHazmat88 she is ugly... but like all ugly ducklings, they all taste good once roasted haha. I got you beat though, growing out one ugly mutant, topped herself once and I seen paint dry quicker than her growth. Just gonna ride this one out.

mayjah_mutant_day17.jpg

mayjah_mutant_day17_1.jpg

@Bill284 is right, your plant needs all the solar panels it has, and you right @HappyHazmat88 she is ugly... but like all ugly ducklings, they all taste good once roasted haha. I got you beat though, growing out one ugly mutant, topped herself once and I seen paint dry quicker than her growth. Just gonna ride this one out.

mayjah_mutant_day17.jpg

mayjah_mutant_day17_1.jpg
Oh cool... Thanks backyardigan I only see pictures of pretty, well growing, happy plants so it's nice to someone else's experiment lol

Good morning my friend.
Let her be she needs the energy generated by them.
They are still working as long as you see green
I don't pluck any leaves at all.
Stay safe.
Bill
Thank you bill, yea I was Flipping coins in my head to decide if I should or shouldn't mess with it... But I will let it do its own thing and keep doing what I have been. The members and the staff here are great with out you guys I would be flying blind, so much appreciated!

In the words of Jim Carey, "... so you're saying there's a chance!" Haha

I agree about cannabis and fight or flight, I read up on a bunch of techniques near the end of flower. Ice cubes, and stalk stabbing to list some.
One in ten? More like one in a million....

Excited for ya @HappyHazmat88 ! Sounds like they are winning seeds if they are indeed fems!!! Thanks for that lesson @Pat Puffer

One in ten? More like one in a million....

Excited for ya @HappyHazmat88 ! Sounds like they are winning seeds if they are indeed fems!!! Thanks for that lesson @Pat Puffer
Thanks krissi I've been trying to get fem/auto seeds locally and it just isn't a thing as we're new to legalization (NY)...so I am left with what I can get my hands on. But I'm ok if they are not ladies it's great practice for seedling/sprout stage.

I would suggest some Mykos and Azos, your roots will love it and your girl will show you she's happy.
Hey so I'm leary of products I do not know... I read the product description of the two you suggested, but may I use RootDoctor Kangaroots by F.F ? It shows that it basically does the same thing and I have had good luck.....so far....with F.F.

Back
Top Bottom