New room - new hydro set-up - Ebb-n-Grow vs. Flo N Grow

mmjrealty

Trying to get it figured out. Friend is going to be doing it. He is a professional grower at a Colorado dispensary. This is a room in my basement. I have a 75 plant license for edibles (can't smoke it).

My question about growing are a couple. Just finished a soil less run and want to convert to hydro. To start at the begining. I have a room 11x10. Concrete walls. One window opening 36x24. Trying to cram as many plants as possible. Starting off with a hydro system and looking to expand to as much as possible. Electrician is coming out and adding a full 100 amp circuit with wiring for 6 1000W HPS/MH lights fans, etc. . Will only be using for on the next run. Using 4 blockbuster hoods with 8 inch venting. Room will be wired with a stand alone AC in March. Don't have big heat problems in Colorado in the winter.

I've narrowed down the choices to the Ebb-N-Grow 12 site
The Ebb-N-Grow Monster 6 site
The Titan Controls - Flo - N - Gro

One of the biggest factors in this process is the ability to expand. The Ebb-n-flow 12 site is advertised everywhere that it can expand up to 48 pots. I see other people in a thread talk about how they would only expand so far. Is that because there is a constraint or ratio involved with reservoir to bucket use. In the titan you have 12 4 gallon buckets. That's 48 gallons if I add the six bucket expansion that's 72 gallons. Have I exceeded the capacity of my system? Can I truly expand to a ton of these if I had a bigger reservoir? I know the Ebb-N-Flo monster systems maxes out at 12. Can both the Titan and the CAP controller handle a larger system? I think that answers most my thoughts on expansion.

My second question is yield and cycle times. Yes I know it will depend on strain, genetics, and lighting etc. I'm wondering if I can get some of your experience from yield and cycle times. I'm real curious as to yield between the two different Ebb-N-Flo systems. Since I'm not limited to 6 or 12 plants I'm really thinking the smaller one jammed to the max.

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't have experience with the Ebb-N-Grow, however I know a few growers who have used it and I never hear good things to be honest.

Maybe someone on here has used it with promising results though, so it's possible they may chime in.

Love to hear from more people. From the reviews I have seen here the results look pretty good. Hoping to hear from actual users.

Back
Top Bottom