New Room - New Medium - New Strains - 425 At It Again

Moved the lights up another 6" today, and bent everybody down under a SCROG screen, mainly for future support, but also to help even the canopy a little in the middle. The 2 plants directly under the HPS are the fullest, so I need to tame them back a little.
420-magazine-mobile1136127565.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1709846604.jpg

Here's hoping they stop stretching soon!!!:)

Cheers!

Sunday morning, and not much to update, but took a bunch of photos anyways. Gotta figure out how to post videos, made a canopy video that shows it pretty well.

The strains have all shown their sex, and have stretched 6-8 inches, but I have bent them down each day before lights off, kinda like a SCROG, but without the net. It's kinda funny how all that bending is repaired by the next lights in, but the plants spread and the stems thicken every single night. I bend them, they respond and thicken. Neato:)

3 hours before lights off today

420-magazine-mobile1236441166.jpg

No LEDs canopy

420-magazine-mobile1935581767.jpg

Not every plant let me show the female glands yet, but you can see if you look close on some of them!

Black Hyena II nodes
420-magazine-mobile180278395.jpg

Kandy Kush Nodes
Never figured out a good way to upload good quality video that will work in this forum.

I can't exactly use my YouTube without blowing my cover. Tried some anonymous video upload site, but the videos didn't work in this forum and don't have anywhere else to share them so it is what it is.

Let me know if you figure something out

It's looking so great. I sit here and I see you do what i should have done a month ago but didn't

Looking neat and clean. My current main grow is a friggin mess

Hello!! Canopy is getting tucked and bent as needed, screen is acting as a great tool already. The big fans tuck right under the screen and the towers stick out in between:). I love daily progress photos, and contrasting them over a series of days. The first photo is from 30 days ago, the second is today.
420-magazine-mobile921057724.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1884151548.jpg

I actually though I was going to have "plenty room" for 8 or so plants...lol.
In one week or so I think a second defoliation will be in order. A little more lollipop is needed, we are much closer to broccoli pops currently! Hope everyone has a safe Friday.

Cheers.

Looks great in there! I'm seeing all these plants put on a huge stretch and getting a little nervous to be honest... what size space are you in there again?

Little late to the table for this grow... I'm a big fan of the regular waterfarms and the diy ones... Not at all surprised you've done so well the first time using them.. They never fail to impress the first time user... It's always nice to find something that gives more than you expect, and waterfarms certainly do..
If you feel you need a better flow rate, i have a simple reservoir mod that will give 3 times the current flow rate...

Little late to the table for this grow... I'm a big fan of the regular waterfarms and the diy ones... Not at all surprised you've done so well the first time using them.. They never fail to impress the first time user... It's always nice to find something that gives more than you expect, and waterfarms certainly do..
If you feel you need a better flow rate, i have a simple reservoir mod that will give 3 times the current flow rate...

Welcome Doc! I have been tinkering with the idea of an inline 12v low flow pump between the last bucket and the resi, but haven't ordered anything. I would really love to see the mod you use. I feel it takes nutes and flow way way to long to circulate. If you felt so kind as to bestow that information upon me, I will do it and make you proud:). Thank you so much for stopping by!

Supercrop Saturday! Today is day 13 of flower, and time to do a little stunting. When I do this I don't just bed until it snaps, I press the stalk between my fingers and roll it back and forth until it becomes pliable, then bend until I get it where I want, it until it gets a crease. At each crease or bend the plants will become stronger and support their flowers better (and hopefully slow the stretch a little too.)
420-magazine-mobile116577341.jpg
420-magazine-mobile934434725.jpg
420-magazine-mobile592300933.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1851216918.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1409216773.jpg
420-magazine-mobile835584386.jpg

Lights are off now, I can't wait to see them tomorrow morning!

Happy Saturday!

JB

How many plants are you growing in that room Jesse?

(and hopefully slow the stretch a little too.)]

Lights are off now, I can't wait to see them tomorrow morning!

Happy Saturday!

JB
I defoil to stop the stretch. Very efficient

I defoil to stop the stretch. Very efficient

So I have a ton of material that could be defoliated, when I defoliated at the end of week one I only did bottom 1/3-1/2 and didn't even touch the tops. Would you hit the canopy as well as the underside when I do it again? Do you have a strategy to your defoliation that our prefer? Thanks D

I go about it pretty random. You see, I've been doing it to lower humidity. So I kinda remove a leaf here and there until humidity reaches about 45%

The stretch stop was an added bonus I guess. I try to take the oldest first, then the ones shadowing for good budsites

Thanks Deville. It got down to 35 degrees outside last night. The walk from the house to the garage was chilly, once I got into the garage, it was a balmy 42:). I tried really hard to insulate my grow room well, and when I opened the door it was 75 degrees at 57% humidity. I will need to get that rH down a bit over the next few weeks. Things seem happy now. The room is starting to smell pretty damn good too, btw.

Back
Top Bottom