New Scotland Guerilla Grow

I promised myself this time around that I wouldn't post as much but feel compelled to keep you all updated. My new seeds arrived today so they have been soaked in water for the past 9 hours or so and with a gentle push all seeds sank to the bottom. Now placed in towels to germinate. Have extra RW cubes soaking just now so with any luck I can transfer them tomorrow. I also have an ak auto to grow.

With things being the way they were I didn't check on the plants yesterday as the other half came out of hospital. Checked on them this evening and was greeted with the site of some had fallen over due to the stretch and possible lack of water. For the most plants I have splinted them with straws but made 1 mistake. I accidently pushed the straw down over the stem and nearly snapped it. I pushed the straw a little further into the RW cube and packed up some RW against the base so I hope it will survive. Not sure which 1 I messed up. The plants were given a quick spray when I noted they had fallen over and gave a healthy spray after they were splinted so they will do fine now. I pulled out the 2 failed ak49's to inspect closer. Seems like they had a hard shell and were struggling to sprout so after me handling them I decided to ditch them seen as I had squished them a bit too much.

The wee girls are now back in the cupboard but with the lights off for the meantime. As they have been sprayed and their are droplets on the leaves I don't want to damage them anymore with the light bleaching the leaves through the water droplets.

Just a group shot after splints.

This one is the bhudda magnum. No change on her het showing a main stem or leaves but looks healthy enough.

This is the blue cheese. Something funky going on with her. She had been one of the collapsed plants. The cotyledons had gone a bit slimy so I pulled one off in case it was rotten and spread, the other doesn't seem too bad so left it on for the meantime. Hope she pulls through.

Had a quick look at the plants earlier, 3 seem to have shrivelled up into nothing bit will know more when I get to look at them properly. 3 of my new seeds have cracked but the magnum is showing a black taproot. This is the 2nd time in 2 orders of seeds where this has happened although the last time it was 1 of the ak49's. Hopefully there will be no issues.

Now onto the 1st stage of outdoor prep. This took me a good 3.5 hours to get out to old site, pack up the netting and bamboo canes, get to new site discreetly without being spotted, getting lost in the woods en route to new site (went round in a 360 degree circle without realising it till i seen where i had jumped the fence earlier), dig up the ground, erect the meshing and place 1 bag of soil only before i got home. Initially i had marked out the ground but decided to make it bigger so I had a route in and out of the pen. Ground has been dug up, big rootz from some tall grass removed and all the rest has been turned and mixed up with the grass i dug up. This will all sit loose under the compost and perlite i will lay tomorrow which should encourage root growth as it not packed down and any grass that dies off should help fertilise the soil. See the pics below and any information at this time is appreciated. I only added one bag of soil at this time just to see what it would look like and you guys will understand where I am coming from. And for good measure you may wonder what thd big brown/black lumps are lying around - cow shit. Have yet to decide if I will mix this in or just leave it be. I still have a box of fish blood and bone meal to add to the compost along with a big box of chicken manure pellets.

As you will see the first pic shows my initial size of pen till I decided to make it bigger. The second pic is from a bit further away and you will see the lumps of cow shit lying about.

Well the 3 plants that looked like they were dying did in fact die. Since I got the new seeds I have had the buddha magnum die on me as well. This is the first time I have had seeds either die or not germinate so my 100% success is no longer. Had to happen at some point.

I transplanted all cubes into soil approx 3 days ago and gave them a water last night. Some were quite long so carefully wrapped the stem around the cube to reduce height. I now have them out on my balcony hardening off. A couple of hours yesterday amd a bit more today. I bring them in at night but hoping to have them out permanently next week and may bring in on warm nights to put them under the lights. I did say warm nights as I know the plants can handle them, I would prefer to leave them out in colder nights so they get used to it.

The site has now been fully prepped up. Lain 200L of compost mixed with 20L of perlite and a good dose of fish blood and bone meal. I omitted the chicken manure pellets as they should be done a month before allowing the soil to cook. It had to start raining once I arrived there so just had to batter on with it and got soaked. The place was crawling with midges so not looking forward to the season ahead. Any wet weather following a dry spell will be bad for them but good for watering the plants. The bottles in the ground will act as mini-greenhouses helping trap in heat and keep out the cold should a cold spell occur. I got this idea from someone on here with his outdoor grow - purplegunrack is his name.

I also have something strange happening with 1 of my ak49's. The 1st set of non true leaves are there, the stem has grown up but it has done so with a leaf being conical. Anyone seen this before? I have attached some pics of latest progress so feel free to comment.

Hey smeegol. An update is due soon. Will probably post up some more pics today. The girls are doing really well. Trying to give them some dark time recently and have responded we to it. After bring them in at night they go back into thr cupboard but the lights are left off for approx 4 hours. A few of them are getting really big. The weird conical leafed plant has now grown 2 side shoots, sort of like being topped in a way so not worried about that now. The strawberry blue has grown 3 shoots after the first set of leaves so that is also weird but again, nothing to worry about. Had the gorilla glue blow over in the wind the other day and snapped the main stem so just packed some soil around its base so jt is supported and that will also be ok. Had to stake 1 of the ak49's as it had toppled over and may need to stake some more of them as they a bit flimsy.

Hoping to get them out next week but nights here recently have been very cold so am hoping it warms up a bit and soon. I missed the glorious May sunshine last year and want them out in it this year as soon as is practically possible. Will help them grow big and provide me with some nice fruits. May can be a funny month in terms of sunshine and temps. Last 2 or 3 years it been really sun and fairly warm but temps can dip a bit at night.

Welcome squattingbear. The supplies were taken up last year at the start of autumn and was done with a pal of mine. Took a fair bit of time to get the soil there. Carried one bag, left 1 behind, dropped 1 bag and went back for the other but it was all done at once but on stages (if you get my meaning). Every so often we would stop for a rest as the soil was heavy.

Fingers are getting itchy smeegol. Want to get them out there and let the sun do its magic. Plants spent their first full night outon the balcony last night and it was fairly cold but nothing they cant handle.

Group shot of all plants.

This is the weird growth on 1 of the ak49's. Has a conical leaf at the top of the main stem which seems to be growing upwards but also seems to have topped itself. Has two side branches growing out as if it had been topped.

Finally the strawberry blue. This is growing a triple set of branches. Never ever seen this on a plant before but is coming along nicely.

The gorilla glue's lower leaves had wilted a bit. Has probably suffered some stress from the stem breakage. I piled up some more soil around the base for some extra support. Given another week or so then this will pull through. Have had stems break on me before but they heal if given enough support and time.

I decided to re-arrange my grow space yesterday by adjusting the layout and adding an extra light (30W cfl) along with the fan i have used for the past few days. I have placed the LED's against the back wall. Leaving the plants outdoors proved a bit difficult for those plants that had weak stems so i staked the weaker ones and brought them all inside to get a fan on them to strengthen them all up. They all seem to be doing well and there are 4 which are small but they will all yeild something. Adding the cfl has caused the temps to be hitting 27.5°C but at night they hit around 31.5°C as i need to put cushions in the wardrobe to stop light seeping out (the wee one would see that in the morning or at night if he comes through so don't want him asking awkward questions). Not much i can do about those temps but is only temporary. Will leave out the balcony from next week and only bring in to give them extra light.

No heavy lugging needed. The soil was done ages ago and the next big trip is taking the plants out. That will be a walk all the way from home instead of cycling, less chance of damging the plants that way. Subsequent trips will only be for slug pellets and any other work needing required. Some water may be needed but not massive amounts. Take a few bottles with nutes and give the plants a good feed at each base of roughly equal amounts. There should be enough rainfall for me not to have to take water up to them so often. It pays to check weather forecasts as well.

Finally got the plants outdoors yesterday and with this period of good weather it will do them the world of good. I took some pics of the plants a few days ago and they are all doing really well and some have started showing pistils.

I was able to leave the plants out on my balcony for approx 1 week to harden off so they will now be enjoying their new home. The site was adjusted by increasing the height of the fence. The bottles were a non starter as when I had gone back to the site they had all blown everywhere and most of the plants would have been too big for them anyway. Also with this period of hot weather I didn't want them in a mini greenhouse otherwise they would have been fried! Taking the plants out was a bit of a challenge but done with care and took my time, I walked there with them in a bag rather than cycle out. The plants were all stripped of their cotyledons and their first of second set of leaves and planted with fresh soil covering the stems. This was done to encourage extra roots to grow and to give the weaker plants a bit more support in the wind.

The first pic is a "before" shot of the site before the plants were added.

Have taken shots from various angles and as you will see this site is caked in sunshine even at 4.30pm. The sun will still rise a bit more over the next few weeks and this next shows the site from a distance. The tree in the background does block out the sun from the site at around 5pm but as the sun continues to get a bit higher this tree will not block out any light. Now it is just a waiting game. The site gets sun pretty much all day long so I should end up with some decent looking plants over the next few weeks. And slug pellets have been applied of course.

Am looking to get out once a fortnight and give them a feed and watering if needed. The soil is fairly fresh and has enough food for the first 4 weeks plus there was a good dose of fish blood and bone added to it so feeding may not be needed till half way through flowering. If we get an extended dry spell then may need to make more trips with water, or if it rains a lot then will need to re-apply slug pellets plus put a see-through plastic cover to prevent budrot. With any luck all plants will finish at the same time, I don't want to make several trips back and forth to harvest each strain individually, plus that will have an effect on time required to dry (don't want my house stinking of weed) although am thinking of drying elsewhere but yet to decide on where I will get it done. Have a couple of friends that may do it for me but they will want a cut or I have a relative that may let me dry at his but he will want a cut too. Alternatively I can get a lock-up from the council and dry in there (can get 1 for a month or 2 and won't cost too much) and the smell will be contained in there.

Looks like I do have some heavy lifting to do smeegol! Even though the girls have been out for 5 days it been quite warm here and I didn't take any water up when I transplanted them so had to go oit with 10L. Looks like more trips will be needed if this dry warm weather keeps up. Just as well I went out today as some of them looked a little droopy but that just a lack of water so they been given a good watering but may need to get to them again soon. Not much chance till almost a week as got work. Hopefully they will be ok over this time.

Looks like I do have some heavy lifting to do smeegol! Even though the girls have been out for 5 days it been quite warm here and I didn't take any water up when I transplanted them so had to go oit with 10L. Looks like more trips will be needed if this dry warm weather keeps up. Just as well I went out today as some of them looked a little droopy but that just a lack of water so they been given a good watering but may need to get to them again soon. Not much chance till almost a week as got work. Hopefully they will be ok over this time.

Supposed to be some rain on Sunday buddy.

The rain didn't make much of an appearance yesterday. There were a few spots around but they didn't amount to much. Looks like I will need to head out tomorrow to give them a good water and then will head out again on fri afternoon to do the same again. Can't wait till the weekend as I got a marathon to run on the sun and will take a good couple of days for me to recover so giving them a good water will do them the world of good. This baking weather we currently have they will need the water and I am so glad I got them out early this year as they will be enjoying this glorious sunshine. Long may it continue but a good downpour wouldn't go amiss.

All the ladies are doing well. The amnesia hazes are budding well and some of the others are not far off from starting. Went out on sat for a water and then again a couple of days ago. 1st time was water mixed with black treacle, the other day I added some nutes at half strength. Although it fresh soil I felt as though the plants could do with some fresh N. 1st 3 pics are from 1st watering, the rest are from 2 days ago.

evening mr.G, was passing by and saw I just missed you, saw a hobbit trying to sneak in.
Well I'm glad to see that the girls are all looking so nice and healthy, Good call on the treacle though as that'll replenish all the goodies in the soil for you....:high-five:

a question popped up now, it's pretty windy there by you, what you may assume as nitrogen def could it perchance be wind...:hmmmm: otherwise they look great and looking forward my next installment of mr.Gs haggis hunting adventures....lol. have a good evening mr.Glasgrow.....:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom